Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

AP: Blacked out in St. Louis: Rams' sellout streak ends

WeThreeKingsRuleU

What's a blackout? As a Redskin fan I've never had to endure this. Please explain. :laugh:

On a side note, last year NFL Sunday ticket blacked out the Wash/NYG game at the Meadowlands (such an oxymoron for that garbage dump), but since we lost 36-0 in the dead owner game, I guess I didn't miss much.

Sunday ticket rule last year was if the Was/NYG game was the nationally televised game, then the city (Charlotte in this case) could choose to show their home team instead (the ****cats). So they showed them on the local channel and blacked out the Panthers Direct tv channel and the Washington direct TV channel. They changed the rule this year that they would not black out the satellite channel.

This game would be a sell-out at FedEx because FedEx is sold out every year before the season starts.

But out of curiosity' date=' how many empty seats would there be at this game if it were at FedEx this week. 20,000? 30,000?[/quote']

this game would not attract more than 70K

I don't know last time I watched a 4skins game there sure were lots of empty yellow seats at FudEx.

HTTC

When Jerry opens his new house, you'll see the same effect in the premium level seating.

It's not only at FedEx where the club level seats are only 2/3s capacity for most games. It's more noticable here than in other venues because we have too many club seats.

The club level seats in most NFL stadiums today are seldomly full. Check it out on tv next time you watch a game in another venue. It doesn't mean the seats havn't been sold. It just means that the club level seating offers more side attractions and distractions to keep people away from the game.

The general admission seating offers no attractions other than the game on the field. Thank God!

The loge level in FedEx never looks more than half full when I look up there during our games.

BTW, the upper deck in the new Dallas stadium looks like it's gonna be horrible.

Fortunately, their long time season ticket holders in the upper deck of Texas stadium will be screwed royaly if they don't buy club seats, just like we were a decade ago. LOL! The upper deck in Texas stadium is actually very close to the field.

OK, I read on DTV's website that if your originally scheduled local game gets changed it is possible for the game to then be switched to the 700s. God I hope so. I will also renounce my Cardinal loyalty if I get completely shut out from watching. I don't want to be associated with those half-hearted maggot human beings in any way.

It is very easy to bash another team. There will also be plenty of empty seats at the Giants home game next saturday. Luckily, all skins games are sold out. Who knows, this (blackouts) could be a problem for skins fans in the future. Most skins fans are not too happy right now. If you look around the stadium 50% of the club level is empty. So many people have already sold their tickets for next week. It is sad but I could see it happening one day

This game would be a sell-out at FedEx because FedEx is sold out every year before the season starts.

But out of curiosity' date=' how many empty seats would there be at this game if it were at FedEx this week. 20,000? 30,000?[/quote']

Giving up on your team when they are still mathematically alive in the playoff race in week 16 is pretty low. There's a decent chance that a win would give them the same record as the team that has the final wildcard spot.

The other sad thing is that if we win, there is a decent chance we would only have 1 more loss than the team with the final wildcard spot.

Even with the Sunday Ticket package, if you lived in St. Louis, the game would STILL be blacked out. :mad:

Thats pretty lame. What is the point? It's not like people are going to go out and buy tickets to a game just so other people can watch the game at home. It really does make no sense at all.

didn't see this already posted, sorry if its a repeat

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2705298

another streak ended thanks to the skins!

Didn't realize the Redskins were keeping the Rams fans from attending the game :doh:. Are you going to try to pin global warming, the deficit and the war in Iraq on this team too?

If you can't see how truly ridiculous it is to blame the Redskins for the end of the Rams sellout streak, then we don't need you to pretend to be a Redskins fan.:mad:

Join the Rams fans, they look like a good fit for you.:2cents:

Go Skins!:cheers:

how is it extortion? anyone can actually go to the game there. its no more extortion than having a season ticket waiting list and making people actually pay to go to the game... whoa what a concept

Not everyone has enough money to buy tickets and go to a football game. They're saying that since the fans wont sell out the stadium, then **** them they cant watch it at home. That is extortion.

Archived