Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Ray Lewis?

Robbnva

I'll trade Clinton for a space ship and a nuclear bomb. Bottom line: our skill positions are set. Right now our LB are getting caught up in the wash. Why? Well because our DTs / nose guards aren't meeting the offensive guards at the point of attack and keeping our LB free to run side line to side line. Whenever your SS has a significant amount of solo tackles, then the second and 3d level is hurting. So Ray Lewis would only be tossed in the wash as well. Who do you rotate or bench Rocky or LeMar.

I would n't give Clinton up for a 1,2,3 and 4th round pick. Would a Busch be better with our OL? What I think is probably worse. How bout LT. Oh #46, 31 and 36 (36 may not be here) can play and we're set with that rotation. But if you look across the board Clinton was the only RB who truly had a challenge with his offensive line. Hell, even #21 NYG had an offensive line. What's wrong with our OL? Good coaching can fix that. More times than not our OL, mainly the bookends do something that 1). turns back a huge gain, 2). It takes points off the board or 3). Mistakes stall drives. We're also not getting to their second level (LB). If we can get Clinton to the second level in more cases than not he's putting it up on the board. Clint runs extremely well in the open field and will run over you, too. #61 has to get to the MLB and our guards have to be able to hit that stress point on that side of the play. But if you allow the LB to back up the line then he'll be sideline to sideline and you'll really need a Clinton Portis. He does a lot of intangibles, too.

I can imagine a Portis in the Super Bowl, a Moss in the Super Bowl a Lloyd, an EL, a Thrash, Cooley, Rock, Betts, Yoder (I think Yoder just maybe that thumper of a TE) and Campbell both of them I can imagine in the SB. But not a Keyshawn or a T.O. or a Tiki why? Not enough options. But everyone at our skill positions can strait out kill you. We just need to work through the analyses and find better ways to put them in the best position. During the Jacoby, Grimm and Bostic days we had an identity. I think last year Seattle would go right behind Roth (I think), but that's who they were and you couldn't stop it, unless of course you were the Redskins.

I think Hassle back scored on a roll out from inside the red zone, when they found out they couldn't run (yeah Shaun was out). But while I'm at it that winning TD really came in the first half from the long ball they threw down the right side line on Springs. Nothing against Springs but he wasn't 100% they knew it, especially after that play, but they waited till the second half when it (ham) got tighter from being worked, then they caught him inside and Hassle beck squeaked in the corner. But trading Clinton, oh you would lose. We already saw that with Clark. You say but Clark isn't a super star, yeah but we still loss, and we loss huge....like 30 million and some or whatever it was. You have to look beyond the skin of what you actually see and come up with the right scheme. Oh Seattle schemed the hell out of that playoff game against us and it started like way back in the first QTR, from the TD that Taylor broke up......The whole game was a scheme.

Two words...Dumb trade....hope the Front office doesn't see this they may try it.:doh:

Yeah the are really good at getting quality Defensive personel like Arch.:laugh:

He, why don't we just cut Carlos Rogers and resign Deon Sanders?:laugh:

don't stop me, I'm on a roll

How about we release Jason Cambell and resign Jeff George?:laugh:

Lets cut Salavae and resign Bruce smith or Dexter Manley. LOL:laugh:

We could cut Shawn springs and sign Darrell Green. What a minute...this one isn't a bad Idea... What's the front office's e-mail address again... Just kidding:laugh:

We'll call 'em the gray haired gang!:laugh:

Two words...Dumb trade....hope the Front office doesn't see this they may try it.:doh:

Yeah the are really good at getting quality Defensive personel like Arch.:laugh:

He, why don't we just cut Carlos Rogers and resign Deon Sanders?:laugh:

don't stop me, I'm on a roll

How about we release Jason Cambell and resign Jeff George?:laugh:

Lets cut Salavae and resign Bruce smith or Dexter Manley. LOL:laugh:

We could cut Shawn springs and sign Darrell Green. What a minute...this one isn't a bad Idea... What's the front office's e-mail address again... Just kidding:laugh:

We'll call 'em the gray haired gang!:laugh:

:laugh: My, my, my, you were on a roll. :laugh:

I am not sure where this rumor started, because I just heard people discussing it on the radio, however if it is true (which I don't believe it is) would you be ok with a deal trading Clinton Portis for Ray Lewis?

Don't bash me because I heard it on a radio show with Boomer Esaison

I personally think Ray lewis would be the same as us getting Bruce Smith back in the day. (would only be a stop gap and not a long term fix)

I can't stand the guy or their coach. I hope it's not true personally.

I'll trade Clinton for a space ship and a nuclear bomb.

You made some real valid points in your post and I agree with you for the most part. Bottom line for real is Clinton Portis does not want to be here anymore. Yeah he has been just as successful here as he was in Denver which shows that he can adjust to any team's style of playing, however I think the way this season went down has portis thinking about going elsewhere. He is bitter that he got hurt in preseason and blames the coaches for that, then he blames the coaches for putting him back in the llineup too early. His performance this season was marginal because he was hiding the fact that his Shoulder was worse that he let everyone to believe. The reason why I say his shoulder is worse is because on December 6th he had surgery on his shoulder to repair the labrum tear. With a labrum tear it makes the the shoulder less stable makes it easier to dislocate it. I also think that since Portis has been having this animosity towards the coaches it has rubbed off on the other players and that is why the team hasn't played to their full potential. Of course no player on the redskins will come out saying Portis is bad mouthing the coaches, but if you look at some of his statements in recent interviews it is obvious there is some sort of resentment.

You made some real valid points in your post and I agree with you for the most part. Bottom line for real is Clinton Portis does not want to be here anymore. Yeah he has been just as successful here as he was in Denver which shows that he can adjust to any team's style of playing, however I think the way this season went down has portis thinking about going elsewhere. He is bitter that he got hurt in preseason and blames the coaches for that, then he blames the coaches for putting him back in the llineup too early. His performance this season was marginal because he was hiding the fact that his Shoulder was worse that he let everyone to believe. The reason why I say his shoulder is worse is because on December 6th he had surgery on his shoulder to repair the labrum tear. With a labrum tear it makes the the shoulder less stable makes it easier to dislocate it. I also think that since Portis has been having this animosity towards the coaches it has rubbed off on the other players and that is why the team hasn't played to their full potential. Of course no player on the redskins will come out saying Portis is bad mouthing the coaches, but if you look at some of his statements in recent interviews it is obvious there is some sort of resentment.

Where are you getting that he does not want to be here?

:wtf: This is the first that I have heard of this.

You made some real valid points in your post and I agree with you for the most part. Bottom line for real is Clinton Portis does not want to be here anymore.

Gee thanks for the update. I don't know all the behind the scene activities. But I wonder if he was pissed off when he ran down the field and hurt his shoulder the first time. A fate of circumstance. I was on the ground then (at FT Lee,) watching the game at the place. Yeah, I vividly remember it happened on the sideline and Clint came around and slammed the DB to the ground landing with his arm up and out in a super man fashion. Don't know if you ever fell like that but it creates pressure in an up ward motion and thats what probably dislocated it.

I fell like that once at Eastern H.S, D.C. during a game and from then on made it a point to fall with my arm in a supported position because it twinges when you land with your arm up like that. One thing about a super star, you don't want to get him riled up. And from what I know about our Redskins they don't seem to cater or passify personality conflicts. But I'm not in the club house so don't know but there is a human factor. On thge bright side looks like we found that thumper of a TE in Yoder, someone who can add to the maximum protection and or run support. Losing Clint would be painful, he may stick it out for the fans, and that's a good thought.

So we would trade a 25 year old runningback that we gave up a perennial pro bowler corner for who until getting injured put up 4 straight 1,000 yard seasons 3 of which were over 1500 yards on two different teams...

For a 31 year old loud mouth has been linebacker at a position we dont really need to have a change of player at?

We would have to be stricken with 50 types of mental retardation at once to want to make that deal.

If anything we should trade Portis to the Ravens for Ed Reed. If there is one player in the NFL I would agree with trading Portis for it is Ed Reed.

But that wont happen and I dont want it to happen.

i will hope we get a special thread on so called rumors. so a special section devoted to this kind of fluff

I've been on ES for a long time and there's never been a special rumor thread that generally gets respect. Every rumor out there will be a thread (and sometimes multiple ones), especially now that the season's all but over. Some of those will be quickly locked, some will be subject to mega-merges and others will be shot down as they were started by trolls. Also, since some rumors will inevitably turn out to be true, someone will be crowing about how they were the first. Most will turn out to be false, troll-bait maybe.

I am not sure where this rumor started, because I just heard people discussing it on the radio, however if it is true (which I don't believe it is) would you be ok with a deal trading Clinton Portis for Ray Lewis?

I personally think Ray lewis would be the same as us getting Bruce Smith back in the day. (would only be a stop gap and not a long term fix)

I absolutely cannot stand Ray Lewis. I guess my answer then should be, "I hope not".

I mean, it's not like the Redskins to go on a crazy FA spending spree and mix in a trade or 2 for draft picks.

Bottom line for real is Clinton Portis does not want to be here anymore. I also think that since Portis has been having this animosity towards the coaches it has rubbed off on the other players and that is why the team hasn't played to their full potential. Of course no player on the redskins will come out saying Portis is bad mouthing the coaches, but if you look at some of his statements in recent interviews it is obvious there is some sort of resentment.

:laugh: WOW!!!!!!!!:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Must be nice to be privy to CP's inner thoughts.

Keep his 'old-ass' in "B-mo"!!! That's right, I'm 48; but, he's 'ancient' for a professional athlete... :doh:

Archived