Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Ray Lewis?

Robbnva

I am not sure where this rumor started, because I just heard people discussing it on the radio, however if it is true (which I don't believe it is) would you be ok with a deal trading Clinton Portis for Ray Lewis?

Don't bash me because I heard it on a radio show with Boomer Esaison

I personally think Ray lewis would be the same as us getting Bruce Smith back in the day. (would only be a stop gap and not a long term fix)

That would be absolutely idiotic, even for the skins FO. Lewis is nearing the end of his career while Portis is entering his prime.

The Skins are looking for a GM so I hope we dont have to deal with dumbass trades like Duckett for a high third anymore. On Cold Pizza they said a guy named Mueller was high on the list.

man.. these rumors are getting out of control..

can we please start a CP trade rumor thread and keep all of them under that thread.

Skins would be stupid to make a trade like this if the rumor was true..

you traded your best CB plus a draft pick for portis to trade him at his prime for a declining LB..

no Portis for Ray Lewis. However, I would not mind having Ray Lewis if he could somehow be signed for cheaper. With Rocky and Marcus on the outside, Ray Lewis would be a great field general. Just look at the 2004 Colts v. Ravens game to see how he would call audibles as Peyton called them.

Of course I would still pefer to draft a rookie MLB, and we still can. I doubt a rookie can start at MLB for Gregg Williams anyways. Ray Lewis for 2-3 years while rookie learns, that would be nice.

NO i would not be ok with that, Ray Lewis is a great player but he is getting old and Portis will be healthy again next year. Seems to look good on paper for both teams but Lewis is the face of the Ravens he will retire a Raven he would never come to the Skins, and I wouldnt want him the crime rate in Baltimore is really high I don't want that to shift to DC.

i will hope we get a special thread on so called rumors. so a special section devoted to this kind of fluff

What exactly are we supposed to be talking about on this board then? I have seen criticism for just about every thread I read on this board. See when I am on the Forums main page this is what I read about "The Stadium" forum.

Enjoy speaking about the Washington Redskins in friendly confines amongst your fellow Skins fans

The reason I come to these message boards is to learn something new, see what other people have to say, and talk about rumors I have heard. If somebody doesn't like what I have to say then don't respond. We are at the point in our season that the fans have nothing to look forward to except for next year. Talking about trades, and people coming up with their own ideas for trades and how to improve our team is all we are going to see for the next 8 months.

Archived