Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Coaching Thread

TK

Its this kind of mentality that keeps us from being consistantly good. It takes time to build up continuity... u know like the continuity that it seems the oline' date=' campbell, and the recievers and betts seem to be doing. Going and stopping what we have going now is a horrible idea. Why do we want to start over again!? Isnt that what we have been doing for the last handful of years?

With that said, Gibbs should allocate clock management to someone better.[/quote']

OK..this is ridiculous. That was how it USED to be. Today's NFL you have the SAINTS coming out of NOWHERE ....basically a brand new expansion team who are going to make the playoffs and most likely do something in the playoffs.

On the other hand you have the Redskins...3rd most disappointing team in the NFL aside from Pittsburgh and Carolina. 4-9...no chance to make the playoffs...not utilizing players we spent millions of dollars on...reluctant to develop rookies/young players even though we have no chance to make the playoffs...consistenly bad playcalling...and all this a YEAR AFTER we make the playoffs...

Now what was that argument again?...oh yeah...I agree that Gibbs should allocate clock management to someone else. And playcalling. And personell decisions. Hell...lets just get rid of the entire staff and do what Sean Payton did.:doh::doh::doh::doh::doh::doh::doh::doh::doh::doh::doh::doh::doh::doh:

Zoony said:

It's a real head scratcher. Why are we even throwing the ball?

I seriously think that the coaches want to get a close look at JC. That's the only logical explanation

Its good to get JC some reps. This is how he will get experience and grow. He needs to practice throwing more deep routes other than the fade though...maybe the corner or post...it would be a good complement.

Guest Rafterman
Worse than Art Shells' Raiders? Or Romeo Crennel's Browns??

Crazy people here....:insane:

Crazy!?

Watch out!

If I were a rat fink you would be losing your thread starting privileges. ;)

And too answer your question;

YES, BECAUSE THIS TEAM HAS TALENT!

Look at how this team matches up with the Browns and Raiders.

Now, try too say I'm crazy.

Kool-Aid drinker. :silly:

there u go again. freaking unbelievable. what the hell was that call. the hell is this guy saunders smoking. the hell did that play call come from? get the freak out of here man. 3rd and 7 and trying to be deceptive? what the hell knd of formation was that. dude just get ur stinky ass trick plays out of ur play book u freaking annoying asss! i mean of all downs, u decide to call that play on 3rd down situation? i mean 3rd down?

LLOOOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL!

OMG...my thought EXACTLY! THAT WAS TERRIBLE! IT WAS LIKE A HIGH SCHOOL PLAY!! WTH!

The players have done some bone head things. But I like the commentator said "That was a bad series by the Redskins". How many bad series do we have to have. In my opinion its been WAY to many. And playcalling has been the major part of it. Player screw-ups you fix in practice...but remember that there are not very many differences in the team this year compared to last when we made the playoffs. And yeah...the coaches are part of the reason for the successes we have...but those are FAARRR outweighed by this teams failures. This was supposed to be a SB contender.

another proof why this coaching staff is pathetic, especially Gibbs. he clearly todl the field goal unit to kick the field goal. but my point is this, drive and field goal, drive and field goal. what happen to TDs. i mean seriously dude, 1st and goal on sants 12 yard line and u call conservative calls liek that? i mean that was straight up lets settle for a field goal play calls. morons! i mean doe sthis guy Gibbs understand that a field goal is still only a one possession game? win or lose, i dont care.

i am sick of this coaching staff and play calls. even if we win, i dont want to win it like this. i want to win by taking advantage of our drive and winning convincingly.

Carlos makes that play.

I'll say it again. It's all right there for this team.

We may be seeing the turn.

We've seen that turn before. Only it was a U-Turn. Let's just hope now, it's a more of a power drift with the hammer down on the throttle coming out of the turn. :movefast:

You know what a downer is.

Its one of those guys who always complains , and moans, and cries.

These are the type of guys that never get asked to go party, or have a good time.

You tend to avoid them socially because they just put out negative vibes all the time and its such a bore.

Are you a downer ?

Early to give him credit, isn't this about the point in the game where we just shut it down and lose a close game?

This game reminds of alot of our loses last year, pretty much dominate a game but the scoreboard not really reflect it and then lose it in the 4th.

Charger and Raider game from last year anyone? How about the Falcon game this year.

We are dominating and the score is 13-7, that seems to be a consistant thread in Gibbs 2.0. Hopefully we can actually win a game that we dominate today.

Just wanted to rub this post in your face. :)

I will give this win to the offense and most of all to the defense.Now when i say that i mean the players.Our coaching is what is killing this team.We have bad play calling in the redzone and why is Marshall covering a WR.Im not worried about the offense next year.I also think the defense will come around.If we do bad next year its going to be our stupid coaches.I have never seen so much stupidity.:doh:

I was very well pleased with the fact the our Special teams play has done well, it could definitely be worse.

As for us throwing the ball up, Im glad we were doing that. Still thinking, where was all this all year?? Oh yeah, the PLAYERS called 3 yard outs, not the coaches...

I was very well pleased with the fact the our Special teams play has done well, it could definitely be worse.

As for us throwing the ball up, Im glad we were doing that. Still thinking, where was all this all year?? Oh yeah, the PLAYERS called 3 yard outs, not the coaches...

The players didn't call the outs, but the quarterback checked down to them. I call that Mark Brunell syndrome.

Archived