Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Coaching Thread

TK

We are 4-9. Gibbs and company are responsible for the product on the field. Blaming them is pretty much always the right answer, whether it is today or not doesn't really matter, but 4-9 does.

That being said Campbell is really getting me excited about next year, hopefully Gibbs will regain his form and take this team to the promise land next year.

I totally hate it when Gibbs calls the motion penalties and the bad exchanges. I just don't understand what he's doing. Also, the other thing that just confuses the heck out of me is why gibbs keeps this team scoring today and getting first downs. We would be much better with anyone else coaching! :doh::rolleyes:

Guest Rafterman
^^^ kick all the coaches? comeon. that is a duphas statement right there. Ok lets completely start over again. Thats a great idea.
:doh:

Ask yourself this, is 4-9 worth keeping?

Pretty reactionary to blame the coaches so far. All they've done is put the players in position to succeed, and the players are screwing it up. They don't coach guys to false start (you may have heard the announcers talking about how much time Gibbs spent on penalties in practice this week?), and you don't coach your rapping WR to run up the field wide open styling, but forgetting you're supposed to look for the football.

Blaming Gibbs and Williams at this point is pretty silly.

This time I agree with you OM, this time. :D

You all are some sour sum****es. :)

Skins, at 4-9, are playing dead even at worst, dominating at best, the hottest team in football, on the road. Moan and groan all you want to, but doing it right now say more about you dudes than Gibbs or the Redskins.

Just my opinion of course.

I totally hate it when Gibbs calls the motion penalties and the bad exchanges. I just don't understand what he's doing. Also, the other thing that just confuses the heck out of me is why gibbs keeps this team scoring today and getting first downs. We would be much better with anyone else coaching! :doh::rolleyes:

Amazing, now you Gibbs lovers want Gibbs to be the only coach in the history of sports to not be blamed for poor performance on the field!

Seriously, where do you come up with this stuff?

I'm not saying fire Gibbs, but with your logic what does a coach have to do to get fired?

If it wasn't Gibbs coaching, would you be defending whatever coach we had instead right now?

We were picked to finish pretty high this year, we spend a ton of money in the off season and we are 4-9.

Seriously, help me understand what you are saying, because I really don't get it.

4-9 seasons when you are suppose to be good is how coaches get fired, why are you giving Gibbs a pass? Did you give Spurrier a pass? How about Turner?

Wow. I don't understand most poster's on this site. How is it Gibbs' fault for half the problems today?

I can agree his clock management this season has been poor. But other than that, and keeping Brunell in so long, I don't see how you can blame him for the player's errors. Brandon Lloyd was wide open and the ball landed next to him. Wanna look up for it? How is that Gibbs' fault?

How is it Gibbs' fault that Campbell is skipping passes(which, btw, I'm not being too critical about, seeing how it's still only his fifth career start and he looks good otherwise)?

You all are some sour sum****es. :)

Skins, at 4-9, are playing dead even at worst, dominating at best, the hottest team in football, on the road. Moan and groan all you want to, but doing it right now say more about you dudes than Gibbs or the Redskins.

Just my opinion of course.

Sounds like someone has resorted to "moral" victories.

I don't care about dominating a half of football, we dominated the 2nd half of the Eagles game last week and still lost.

We are 4-9, I don't care if the Saints are undefeated, playing well vs them doesn't excuse an other wise miserable season.

Lets win the damn game, we are dominating it, but hell we'll done that before.

Moral victories are for losers, lets finish the game and win it, start something for next year.

I told my dad they would put Betts on the sideline for that third an 1, **** up, and kick.

Joe, you gotta go....

Funny. The RBs sub themselves when they feel they're too tired. Blame Gibbs though, it's okay. When you don't know any better just follow the crowd.

Sounds like someone has resorted to "moral" victories.

I don't care about dominating a half of football, we dominated the 2nd half of the Eagles game last week and still lost.

We are 4-9, I don't care if the Saints are undefeated, playing well vs them doesn't excuse an other wise miserable season.

Lets win the damn game, we are dominating it, but hell we'll done that before.

Moral victories are for losers, lets finish the game and win it, start something for next year.

And you sound like someone unable to see past the won-lost record. Can you REALLY not see what's happening with Campbell? And with Betts? And with Cooley and Moss and even Lloyd running free? And the OL giving Jason all the time he needs and opening holes for the run?

Can you REALLY not see the D coming together after the awful first half of the year? That they've held the top offense in football to one drive and 7 points?

How pissed at being 4-9 do you have to be to be COMPLETELY unable or unwilling to see the signs of progress here?

Amazing, now you Gibbs lovers want Gibbs to be the only coach in the history of sports to not be blamed for poor performance on the field!

Seriously, where do you come up with this stuff?

I'm not saying fire Gibbs, but with your logic what does a coach have to do to get fired?

If it wasn't Gibbs coaching, would you be defending whatever coach we had instead right now?

We were picked to finish pretty high this year, we spend a ton of money in the off season and we are 4-9.

Seriously, help me understand what you are saying, because I really don't get it.

4-9 seasons when you are suppose to be good is how coaches get fired, why are you giving Gibbs a pass? Did you give Spurrier a pass? How about Turner?

I am not claiming that Gibbs doesnt deserve some of the blame, but I am saying that the guy doesn't desrve to be fired, and certainly isn't the biggest problem on our team.

At the beginning of the year we were all told that it was going to be a transition into a new offense that would probably take a year. Nobody believed it. If there is one thing that Gibbs and only Gibbs needs to be held accountable for it is this in my opinion:

Too many chiefs not enough indians.

I think that Gregg williams has been more dissapointing than gibbs by 10 fold and I don't want him fired either. I want to see a team that doesn't have giant changes every single off season in coaches and players.

My personal belief is that the writing was on the wall the minute portis got injured and cemented as truth when Pierson went down on the first play of the season.

Its this kind of mentality that keeps us from being consistantly good. It takes time to build up continuity... u know like the continuity that it seems the oline, campbell, and the recievers and betts seem to be doing. Going and stopping what we have going now is a horrible idea. Why do we want to start over again!? Isnt that what we have been doing for the last handful of years?

With that said, Gibbs should allocate clock management to someone better.

what i don't get is...

we get a brand new shiny o-coordinator in saunders to spice up the offense, bring it to 2006 standards, and yet when we get into field goal range our strategy becomes a "protect the lead in a 1985 playoff game." i don't know if anyone else is as frustrated with this as I am.

why can't we move the ball when it matters most?

there u go again. freaking unbelievable. what the hell was that call. the hell is this guy saunders smoking. the hell did that play call come from? get the freak out of here man. 3rd and 7 and trying to be deceptive? what the hell knd of formation was that. dude just get ur stinky ass trick plays out of ur play book u freaking annoying asss! i mean of all downs, u decide to call that play on 3rd down situation? i mean 3rd down?

Funny. The RBs sub themselves when they feel they're too tired. Blame Gibbs though, it's okay. When you don't know any better just follow the crowd.

Well call a time out for the wait till they get some air. It would suck to use a TO but Im sure we have WASTED more for LESS.

just look at the numbers,. we are way ahead in every category. pass yard, rushing yard, total yard, time of posssession.... and we are still up only by 6. pathetic. these coaches i tell u are just horrendous. man, play calling is gonna kill us again. its always like this. we get the lead, win every category in stats and still lose because we call dumb freaking plays when it matters the most. f that man! coaches lose the gmae for us again will ya!

Archived