Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Coaching Thread

TK

Once again people are dogging the play caller just because of the one third down play that got screwed up....

Which was the same play we scored on earlier this season and evryone praised it...:rolleyes:

The same reverse everyone screamed about two weeks ago got us a 20+ yard pick up today.....:rolleyes:

The same half back pass everyone screames to trash got us a 40+ yard gain to put us in position to win last week...:rolleyes:

Im looking forward to next year with the timing being better so all te haters will have to eat those word about our play calling...

I also wish gibbs would leave the offense alone in the redzone and let the guy call the entire field...

Its no coincidence that this teams moves the ball with ease form 20 to 20 .....but stalls when Gibbs gets involved in the redzone....

If you look at the play by play for the season some of our best plays come when we break the run,run,pass formula...and throw on 1st down...

The fans who scream "redskins footbal" want run,run, pass and that pattern kills us....

^^^Good points, but the playcalling still sucks once we get past the opponent' 30 yard line. I don't understand why we seem to run stretch and toss plays inside the red zone when they obviously haven't worked anywhere else either. We seem to set up a lot of 3rd and longs once we get in the red zone by either going with crapy running plays or low percentage pass plays that always result in incompletions. Calling better plays would really help Jason's confidence and reward the players for the hard work they've done on long drives. I TRULY believe that if we could just finish our drives and keep up our good defensive play, we would be a force.

^^^Good points, but the playcalling still sucks once we get past the opponent' 30 yard line. I don't understand why we seem to run stretch and toss plays inside the red zone when they obviously haven't worked anywhere else either. We seem to set up a lot of 3rd and longs once we get in the red zone by either going with crapy running plays or low percentage pass plays that always result in incompletions. Calling better plays would really help Jason's confidence and reward the players for the hard work they've done on long drives. I TRULY believe that if we could just finish our drives and keep up our good defensive play, we would be a force.

But people were screaming about the play calling on a QB sneak with 3 and 1...

Whats so bad about that with a 6-5 QB?

Just wanted to rub this post in your face. :)

I really don't see how you rubbed it in my face? My post actually still rings true as can be.

We absolutely dominated another game and yet the Saints had the ball inside the 15 yard line with a chance to win the game.

Tell me how that proved my post wrong?

It proved it exactly right, we kick too many field goals, we don't close out games and we lose many games on final drives.

Glad we won but seriously, the only difference between this game and games we've lost is the Saints couldn't get 15 more yards at the end. As much as we dominated this game it should have never come down to that.

here is the reason why Gibbs shouldve gone for it on 4th and goal. we were up by 3. if we score a TD, we are up by two possession which practically puts the game out of reach. if we dont score a TD, we are still up by 3 and saints start at their 4 yard line. if saints drive down the field and get a field goal, we are tied and we still get the ball back or go to Overtime but if the saints score a TD, they take the lead and win the game which is same as if we didnt go for it and kicked a field goal. they still win with a TD because it still is one possession game.

here is the reason why Gibbs shouldve gone for it on 4th and goal. we were up by 3. if we score a TD, we are up by two possession which practically puts the game out of reach. if we dont score a TD, we are still up by 3 and saints start at their 4 yard line. if saints drive down the field and get a field goal, we are tied and we still get the ball back or go to Overtime but if the saints score a TD, they take the lead and win the game which is same as if we didnt go for it and kicked a field goal. they still win with a TD because it still is one possession game.

I agree, I don't understand the lack of effort to just go ahead and end the damn game.

Like you said, its almost a double positive. If we score the TD game is over, if we don't get it they have the ball on the 4 damn yard line.

I don't know if he was saying he had confidence in the defense or saying he didn't?

By kicking the FG he is saying to the D, "I know you can keep them from scoring a TD. but he is also saying, "I don't think you can keep them from kicking a FG even when they are starting on the 4 yard line."

I think if you have a chance to end a game by gaining a yard and a half and even if you don't get it you're in pretty good shape, you should take that risk.

We dominate too many games that we end up losing in the end. Games like today cost a bye in the playoffs last year or atleast a home game. We should have beat the Raiders and Chargers and should have been 12-4. You can also throw in the Bucs game where we were up by 7 and couldn't run the clock out.

Next year looks promising because of Campbell, Betts, and the way the D is playing now.

But if we keep playing "not to lose" we are going to under achieve again, we've seen games like today's for 3 years now.

"Righhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhht"

You may have just proven yourself out of your own theory

And I bet you still wonder dont you?

Archived