Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Here is how the offseason SHOULD go

Bhutanibeast

That you Vinny Bug Eyes??

I can see why you were banned though. The only thing is, nobody informed me that stupidity had been added to the list of bannable offenses. Good move mods.:applause:

I was thinking the same thing - this has GOT to be Cerratto - no one else is that near sighted!

Too bad we can't ban him from Redskin Park too!

Say Beast ... I like your idea of going for a big possession receiver in the Draft ... I love Smarjardiaze ... but would settle for Jarrrett ... or Kyeshawn Johnson, for that matter. The Skins receiver corps stinks without a No. 2 Large possession type! The Draft is a hugh crapshoot ... but taking either of these two WRs minimizes the risk and plus in addition furthermore ... they will help immediately.

That would be a VERY foolish thing to do. We can't have two speed/pass rush DE's. look at the colts, that's what they have, and their run D is terrible. I say we keep who we have on the line. Golston will be starting for years to come, and Phillip Daniels is good enough to start. We still should draft a DE though.

I agree that we shouldn't go after another pass rushing end, but the colts are terrible against the run because Corey Simon is out, Booger McFarland has been hurt and they lost Larry Tripplett to Buffalo in FA. They have a huge hole up the middle that they need to address next year.

No way we can sign Clements. He is asking for Champ money.

No way we can sign Freeney. IF he hits the market he will want top 5 money.

Roderick Hood is worse than K. Wright.

Asante Samuel would be nice, but again, may be a bit expensive.

I say, leave the team together. Go D in the draft. Maybe trade down and get a first and a second. Use the First on DL-DE and the second on DB. Then get in the weight room and start working.

God forbid, I hope the coaches are visiting this message board. So, many good ideas worth considering!

:D

Seriously, why does everyone think Ted Ginn Jr. is going ot be a star. Yes, Calvin Johnson will be a good WR, but Tedd Ginn Jr.? no thanks. We have great WR's and our offense will start humming in a year or two. Our O is young, so give them time to build chemistry and let it run wild. Go D in the draft. Our line would be hugely improved with the addition of Adams, Branch, etc.

CB is a need for depth, but maybe we should look at ppl who fit into our system, not the biggest and highest priced guy out there. *cough*AA*cough

Making any major changes like that would bring us back to the same problems we had this year. NO MAJOR CHANGES!!!

This is what we should do...

Offense:

-Add some OLine depth- Love our starters, they have been together for almost 5 years now. Cant ask for more than that. Gotta get some good depth there.

-***Thats all on offense!

Defense

- Pick up a corner in free agency. We need a corner to come in a play right away. Thats why i think we should go for the corner in Free agency rather than the draft.***Move Springs to Safety. I think this would be a great move for us. Springs is a guy that can play another 5 years in this league if we move him to safety (ie Rod Woodson, Troy Vincent...). Him and ST at the 2 safetys could be a great tandem.

- With our 1st round pick...Draft the BEST AVAILABLE player. Many teams make the mistake of drafting what they need in the draft rather than the best available player (we made a major mistake when we took Rogers over Merriman for that same reason. Other notable teams that have drafted best available players over what they NEED: Panthers, when they drafted Peppers over a QB when all of their fans wanted them to get a QB. They were patient, and it payed off big. Also, the ravens are known for always drafting best availables. Their drafting skills speaks for itself!

Anyway, these are just the key major things i think we should do this offseason. Not alot, which is the way to go!

Tell me what you guys think of the Springs move to Safety?? I think that could potentionally give us the best safety duo in the league, while also extending Springs's career.

Making any major changes like that would bring us back to the same problems we had this year. NO MAJOR CHANGES!!!

This is what we should do...

Offense:

-Add some OLine depth- Love our starters, they have been together for almost 5 years now. Cant ask for more than that. Gotta get some good depth there.

-***Thats all on offense!

Defense

- Pick up a corner in free agency. We need a corner to come in a play right away. Thats why i think we should go for the corner in Free agency rather than the draft.***Move Springs to Safety. I think this would be a great move for us. Springs is a guy that can play another 5 years in this league if we move him to safety (ie Rod Woodson, Troy Vincent...). Him and ST at the 2 safetys could be a great tandem.

- With our 1st round pick...Draft the BEST AVAILABLE player. Many teams make the mistake of drafting what they need in the draft rather than the best available player (we made a major mistake when we took Rogers over Merriman for that same reason. Other notable teams that have drafted best available players over what they NEED: Panthers, when they drafted Peppers over a QB when all of their fans wanted them to get a QB. They were patient, and it payed off big. Also, the ravens are known for always drafting best availables. Their drafting skills speaks for itself!

Anyway, these are just the key major things i think we should do this offseason. Not alot, which is the way to go!

Tell me what you guys think of the Springs move to Safety?? I think that could potentionally give us the best safety duo in the league, while also extending Springs's career.

This sounds about right. To summarize:

-Draft well: A focus on D players wouldn't hurt but taking the best available never hurt anybody. Late round lineman also never hurt.

-Sign maybe one or two starter-potential FAs. No freeney no samuel. Way too much $.

-Get healthy!!!

-Get back to the basics. Let's actually have a hard/tough off-season.

-Make the cap cuts. Wynn, Boonell, etc.

Seriously, why does everyone think Ted Ginn Jr. is going ot be a star. Yes, Calvin Johnson will be a good WR, but Tedd Ginn Jr.? no thanks. We have great WR's and our offense will start humming in a year or two. Our O is young, so give them time to build chemistry and let it run wild. Go D in the draft. Our line would be hugely improved with the addition of Adams, Branch, etc.

CB is a need for depth, but maybe we should look at ppl who fit into our system, not the biggest and highest priced guy out there. *cough*AA*cough

Firstly AA is not a CB he is a safety but anyhoo.....no one knows how anybody will be out of college that is why they call them PROSPECTS and he is an excellent prospect with lots of talent

We only one proven receiver and 2 who have sort of proven that they are not star material in the NFL. Randle EL is a freakin' QB I do not know why people think that speed automatically makes you a good receiver. The other guy will probably make a good 3 or 4 receiver but he should not be given the time that he is getting. We need a legitimate receiver to compliment Moss those two has even made HIM look bad this year.

Randle EL is a freakin' QB I do not know why people think that speed automatically makes you a good receiver. The other guy will probably make a good 3 or 4 receiver but he should not be given the time that he is getting. We need a legitimate receiver to compliment Moss those two has even made HIM look bad this year.

like i said before, we dont need great WRs, a quarterback makes all the difference.. a good qb can make a average wr into a great one.. we finally got a qb that throws the football in each direction and i think this will benefit us in the future.. we simply cant waste a 1st round choice on a wr when we have already 100 million dollars committed to the Wrs

i know i know...all of you will ask why i am starting another offseason thread but bear with me. I was banned for the past 2 weeks and i couldnt share my opinion on another thread dealing with the offseason.

Here it goes:

1. Trade or Cut patten-whichever makes more salary sense.

I totally agree with you on this one. He has done noting for us the past two years and he is just taking up valuable space.

2. Trade or cut Brandon lloyd-Whichever makes more salary cap sense

Why would you want to do that? I know he hasn't put up the best numbers for us, but he is a solid number two WR. The QB hardly looks his wasy and when we throw it to him, it is mostly down the sideline and the ball will be out of bounds.

3. KEEP Archuleta solely because it would be a huge hit, and i think with an offseason in D.C. his coverage skills might be better.

I agree with this one. I believe he could start for us if we had all of our starters and Rogers wasn't playing in a funk. We just need to use Archuleta correctly

4. Trade Betts- I think we could get great value if we traded him to the jets, or texans, or some other team that needs him. Though i want this to happen, i dont see it happening because we just signed him to a nice contract. Although, he would provide major draft help.

This really isn't a bad idea, but it won't happen. I have never liked the guy. but he is proving himself this year.

5. Cut Renaldo Wynn- sorry, but the big fellow has to go.

Only do this if you absolutely need to get rid of him or have someone to take his spot. Otherwise, just try and restructure his contract

6. Sign Nate Clements, Asante Samuel or Rod Hood. Springs, One of those guys and Rogers would be a pretty decent set of CB's.

We should probably do this, but make it the only major FA acquistion

7. Sign Dwight Freeney or Justin Smith- one of these guys with the resurgent Andre carter could provide a good pass rush.

Thats not a bad idea, but only if they come at the right price

8. Sign Ken Hamlin or Deon Grant- lets face it, Pierson cannot start at safety in this league. However, Gregg should create a competition for the starting Safety job alongside Sean Taylor.

No, we do not need either of them. We have Vernon Fox who is playing real well, already spent a lot of money on AA, and Pierson is just fine, he just got injured this year. He can play CB or S and his very valuable

8. Sign Chris Brown, Najeh Davenport of Correll Buckhalter to be Portis's backup if we trade betts.

I would say try and resign Duckett first

10. With out Top 5 pick in the draft, we target Calvin Johnson of GA Tech. The man is an absolute beast. However, there is a high chance that he will be gone by our pick so at that time, we trade down and continue to trade down until we have a stockpile of picks. With our mid to late first rounder, draft Jeff Smarzdjia, or Dwayne Jarrett to eventually start next to Santana allowing Randle El to be a great 3rd option. With the picks that we pick up through trades, we use those to trade back into the first round select a MLB, hopefully Patrick Willis. If not, we either sign one off the street, or force Lemar to earn his job. Hopefully, Rocky will start for us next year.

Can't really give an analysis of this because I don't follow all of the draft prospects. BUT NO OFFENSIVE PLAYERS IN THE EARLY ROUNDS OF THE DRAFT. And the last thing we need is another WR. Unless we can get a stud DE with our top draft pick, I say trade down to get more picks. And move ROcky to MLB and play Lemar at OLB.

What do you all think.

i know i know...all of you will ask why i am starting another offseason thread but bear with me. I was banned for the past 2 weeks and i couldnt share my opinion on another thread dealing with the offseason.

Here it goes:

1. Trade or Cut patten-whichever makes more salary sense.

2. Trade or cut Brandon lloyd-Whichever makes more salary cap sense

3. KEEP Archuleta solely because it would be a huge hit, and i think with an offseason in D.C. his coverage skills might be better.

4. Trade Betts- I think we could get great value if we traded him to the jets, or texans, or some other team that needs him. Though i want this to happen, i dont see it happening because we just signed him to a nice contract. Although, he would provide major draft help.

5. Cut Renaldo Wynn- sorry, but the big fellow has to go.

6. Sign Nate Clements, Asante Samuel or Rod Hood. Springs, One of those guys and Rogers would be a pretty decent set of CB's.

7. Sign Dwight Freeney or Justin Smith- one of these guys with the resurgent andre carter could provide a good pass rush.

8. Sign Ken Hamlin or Deon Grant- lets face it, Pierson cannot start at safety in this league. However, Gregg should create a competition for the starting Safety job alongside Sean Taylor.

8. Sign Chris Brown, Najeh Davenport of Correll Buckhalter to be Portis's backup if we trade betts.

10. With out Top 5 pick in the draft, we target Calvin Johnson of GA Tech. The man is an absolute beast. However, there is a high chance that he will be gone by our pick so at that time, we trade down and continue to trade down until we have a stockpile of picks. With our mid to late first rounder, draft Jeff Smarzdjia, or Dwayne Jarrett to eventually start next to Santana allowing Randle El to be a great 3rd option. With the picks that we pick up through trades, we use those to trade back into the first round select a MLB, hopefully Patrick Willis. If not, we either sign one off the street, or force Lemar to earn his job. Hopefully, Rocky will start for us next year.

What do you all think.

To qoute the only words I ever liked hearing out of Jimmy Johnsons mouth...

Straight from the man lwa sessions...

"DUH-UMB!!!"

like i said before, we dont need great WRs, a quarterback makes all the difference.. a good qb can make a average wr into a great one.. we finally got a qb that throws the football in each direction and i think this will benefit us in the future.. we simply cant waste a 1st round choice on a wr when we have already 100 million dollars committed to the Wrs

It really doesn't matter what you say because what you are saying will keep my team outof the playoffs for years to come if they think like you and continue to make dumb draft & FA decisions. 100 millions dollars did not make any touchdowns this year.

What we need is a receiver who can help us keep the ball moving. Take what we can get for Lloyd (if we can get rid of him) and just eat whatever is loss with him, Thrash and Patten will be gone so their money will be cleared up. WE CAN'T KEEP 3 LITLE RECEIVERS!!! It just doesn't make sense

You say that we have a good QB...where is he at?

It really doesn't matter what you say because what you are saying will keep my team outof the playoffs for years to come if they think like you and continue to make dumb draft & FA decisions. 100 millions dollars did not make any touchdowns this year.

What we need is a receiver who can help us keep the ball moving. Take what we can get for Lloyd (if we can get rid of him) and just eat whatever is loss with him, Thrash and Patten will be gone so their money will be cleared up. WE CAN'T KEEP 3 LITLE RECEIVERS!!! It just doesn't make sense

You say that we have a good QB...where is he at?

im not the one whos suggesting that we abandon the draft:doh:.. all i am saying is that patten will be gone after this season most likely and no one will give us anythign for llyod and we will incur a cap hit if hes traded. i do believe that we need a wr and a blocking TE, but you dont invest a top 5 pick into a WR.. Jason Campebll is gonna be a good quarterback, give him some time.. Look who we had as quarterback for 1/2 the season.. brunell was a dink and donk machine .. i suggest that we trade down and get multiple picks in the draft and draft a tall young wr like a Chris Henry clone or such.. Thrash will return because Gibbs likes him alot and hes a team player and i agree, he plays special teams and does everythign asked of him.. When we have a healthy Santana Moss, it will open up everything..

:2cents:

Adam Archuleta (Gone)

All Sanders (GONE)

With these two people gone that would free up some cash..??

Then Dan Snyder really needs to give Greg Williams a major "chewing out" for getting his coaching back up to par!!:mad:

Art Monk must be inducted into the Hall of Fame this season or else

the NFL needs a strike because of it!

Archived