Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Here is how the offseason SHOULD go

Bhutanibeast

i know i know...all of you will ask why i am starting another offseason thread but bear with me. I was banned for the past 2 weeks and i couldnt share my opinion on another thread dealing with the offseason.

Here it goes:

1. Trade or Cut patten-whichever makes more salary sense.

2. Trade or cut Brandon lloyd-Whichever makes more salary cap sense

3. KEEP Archuleta solely because it would be a huge hit, and i think with an offseason in D.C. his coverage skills might be better.

4. Trade Betts- I think we could get great value if we traded him to the jets, or texans, or some other team that needs him. Though i want this to happen, i dont see it happening because we just signed him to a nice contract. Although, he would provide major draft help.

5. Cut Renaldo Wynn- sorry, but the big fellow has to go.

6. Sign Nate Clements, Asante Samuel or Rod Hood. Springs, One of those guys and Rogers would be a pretty decent set of CB's.

7. Sign Dwight Freeney or Justin Smith- one of these guys with the resurgent andre carter could provide a good pass rush.

8. Sign Ken Hamlin or Deon Grant- lets face it, Pierson cannot start at safety in this league. However, Gregg should create a competition for the starting Safety job alongside Sean Taylor.

8. Sign Chris Brown, Najeh Davenport of Correll Buckhalter to be Portis's backup if we trade betts.

10. With out Top 5 pick in the draft, we target Calvin Johnson of GA Tech. The man is an absolute beast. However, there is a high chance that he will be gone by our pick so at that time, we trade down and continue to trade down until we have a stockpile of picks. With our mid to late first rounder, draft Jeff Smarzdjia, or Dwayne Jarrett to eventually start next to Santana allowing Randle El to be a great 3rd option. With the picks that we pick up through trades, we use those to trade back into the first round select a MLB, hopefully Patrick Willis. If not, we either sign one off the street, or force Lemar to earn his job. Hopefully, Rocky will start for us next year.

What do you all think.

please, people need to stop being so quick to pull the trigger. hold on. breathe. and let's just try to build on what we already have. we have plenty of talent, and changing our entire lineup AGAIN is not going to help us get better.

The Only thing that is changing throough free agency is our 2nd WR, our DE, and our 3rd or maybe 2nd Cb depending on who we sign. The other signings are for depth. And no one can argue drafting players to help the team.

The Only thing that is changing throough free agency is our 2nd WR, our DE, and our 3rd or maybe 2nd Cb depending on who we sign. The other signings are for depth. And no one can argue drafting players to help the team.

did we just do that this offseason? :doh:

2nd wr- lloyd

3rd cb- kenny wright

de- andre carter

thanks!!! youll do wonders in our front office

Hey look another hack job of an excuse for a solution...NO NO and NO, we are either going to draft Alan Branch DT or Adam Gaines DE, with that 1st round pick. Brunell, Patten, Wynn or Daniels will most likely be gone. FA acquisitions I don't know for now though.

As a Cincy citizen I see a lot of Bengals games. I've seen a few people here request to sign Justin Smith...he's terrible, can't contain and constantly crashes into the line while RB's run outside his side. Remember, this is a contract year for him - he WILL play better because of that. He's just not very good, look elsewhere if you're a GM or even just acting like one.

As a Cincy citizen I see a lot of Bengals games. I've seen a few people here request to sign Justin Smith...he's terrible, can't contain and constantly crashes into the line while RB's run outside his side. Remember, this is a contract year for him - he WILL play better because of that. He's just not very good, look elsewhere if you're a GM or even just acting like one.

Thank you, so there goes a hole in that airtight "FINAL SOLUTION" for the Redskins.....:laugh:

but with what money are we going to sign those players? oh, you mean the money we save through those trades right? no one is going to take any of those players and you know it. the FA you suggested are great players to have on your team, but we've fallen into that same trap over and over again and people want to try to do it again and again expecting different results. i really think we should just build on what we have and give gibbs some time to fix this.

i know i know...all of you will ask why i am starting another offseason thread but bear with me. I was banned for the past 2 weeks and i couldnt share my opinion on another thread dealing with the offseason....

...What do you all think.

That you Vinny Bug Eyes??

I can see why you were banned though. The only thing is, nobody informed me that stupidity had been added to the list of bannable offenses. Good move mods.:applause:

Archived