Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Appalachian State goes for 2.

Brave

My alma mater, Appalachian State University, will attempt to win back-to-back National Championships Friday night in Chattanooga.

Thankfully, I will be there. The game sold out in less than 2 days. Then they added about another 1000 standing room only tix and they sold out in 3 hours. I was lucky enough to have friends who bought me a ticket just in case I was able to go.

Most of the other skill positions return, as does most of the defense.

Froze my you-know-what last Saturday attending the Youngstown State game. Tailgating and game ... we were outside in the weather for about 12 hours with the temps ranging from 20s to 40s depending on the time. It was worth it to see the 49-24 pasting (it wasn't that close!)

And the future looks bright as well. Most of this team will be back next year. This QB ... Armanti Edwards ... is a freshman. He didn't even play until Game 3 and he became only the 5th QB to pass for 2000 yds and rush for 1000 yds.

Go App. St.!!!!!!!!!!

Are they playing Northwest Missouri State? That's the school my mom went to ironically

Nope. Appalachian State University vs. University of Massachusetts.

8:00 Friday night on ESPN2.

They've changed the name this year. It's now called:

The NCAA Division 1 Subdivision Football Championship.

Nothing like adding syllables to a title! Personally, I liked 1-AA but they didn't come to me for my opinion.

JMU got dicked over and everyone knows it

we shoulda beaten Villanove, we brought it on ourselves. Yeh, that Youngstown game was unfair, but with Rascati at QB, you know some stupid plays are bound to happen.

Good luck to App St I suppose, they are the only other team JMU lost to in regular season, so it'd be fitting that they win so JMU got beat by the best.

My alma mater, Appalachian State University, will attempt to win back-to-back National Championships Friday night in Chattanooga.

Thankfully, I will be there. The game sold out in less than 2 days. Then they added about another 1000 standing room only tix and they sold out in 3 hours. I was lucky enough to have friends who bought me a ticket just in case I was able to go.

Most of the other skill positions return, as does most of the defense.

Froze my you-know-what last Saturday attending the Youngstown State game. Tailgating and game ... we were outside in the weather for about 12 hours with the temps ranging from 20s to 40s depending on the time. It was worth it to see the 49-24 pasting (it wasn't that close!)

And the future looks bright as well. Most of this team will be back next year. This QB ... Armanti Edwards ... is a freshman. He didn't even play until Game 3 and he became only the 5th QB to pass for 2000 yds and rush for 1000 yds.

Go App. St.!!!!!!!!!!

You're going DOWN biatch!!!! My alma-mater will kick YOUR alma-mater's ass :laugh:

Actually, I just saw their last game, and I don;t really follow the team at all. . .being the minor leagues and all ;) But the best of luck to ya Brave, You'll need it :D

But the best of luck to ya Brave, You'll need it :D

UMass has a VERY good team this year. Only loss was by 1 point to Navy. They beat New Hampshire twice (NH was ranked #2 most of the year). A very strong defense only giving up about 12 points a game. Great RB in Baylark.

But ... Appalachian State has been on another level, especially here at the end of the season. We've score 45, 38 and 49 points in our 3 playoffs games against good competition. Only lost to NC State first game of the year (playing our 2nd QB) and if we could play them today we'd run them off the field.

Bottom line ... if both teams play their game, App. St. should win. But, If App. St. puts the ball on the ground (as they have been prone to do from time to time,) UMass could make them pay.

Good luck. YOU'LL need it! :)

I am DEAD TIRED.

Drove 6 hours to Chattanooga early yesterday. Tailgated from about noon 'til gametime. Watched the game. Enjoyed the victory. Ran on the field with all the other drunken, crazy fans. Listened to the band play victorious tune after tune. Walked back to the parking lot. Drove to the hotel and collapsed.

Woke up at 7:30 and drove back home.

But it was worth it. App. St. got their back-to-back championships and bragging rights for another year (which I will surely use.)

UMass played a fine game and we didn't put them away until about 2 minutes to go. Very well-played game overall. Few penalties, big hits, big plays. A pleasure to watch.

Now I'm off to collapse again.

Rock on App. St.!!!!!!! Twice was nice, but three is for me!

Archived