Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Did We Expect Too Much From Duckett?

SKINZ33

When the news first broke that we signed TJ, everyone including myself immediately invisioned our short yardage/goaline difficulties as being solved. Granted Duckett hasn't been used in the way that we thought but when he was with Atlanta, he seemed to be a real punishing back that was almost a lock to convert the short yards into firts downs and TDs. However, I've been watching the times when he does get in and I've got to be honest I don't think he runs with such a punishing/smashmouth style that his body is made for. He seems to run more like he's the size of a Porsche rather than a Mack truck. He has had some good runs this year but it just didint seem to me that he was as physical as his track record would suggest. I just think that sometimes he would try to avoid the tackles and scoot around intead of just running over people and driving ahead.

Does anyone else notice this or is it that we/myself just simply place too high of an expectation on him?

I don't know if we as fans expected to much, but by the price they paid, the front office sure as hell did.

I expected him to solve our difficulties getting into the endzone and converting the short yards. It's obviously not his fault that he wasnt utilized in a way that would have made sense for this team. When he does get in it seemed to me that he wasnt as much a physical runner as originally expected.

some redskins fan were hypeing him so much they were ready to trade clinton portis and start tj duckett

too bad they did't know how bad he was in atlanta

i notice how some redskins fans always want a change then they complain about it later.

few examples

everyone wanted david patten benched last year for taylor jacobs when jacobs won the job after the injury people started complaining

the same thing with brunell and campbell sitution but this was a good call because jason needs experience, but their are threads on how campbell is a bust.

I know that but thats not my point. I'm wondering if Duckett realy is a physical running back or was it more that he has the size to be one but just isn't?

bingo - watching him run, you would think he weighed 190#. No idea why he tries to tiptoe around or stutter-step, it really does him no good. I was never that impressed with him even when he was with Atlanta, but he looks even worse now.

I want the guy to succeed. But this is the NFL. And you gotta make something happen if you want to prove your worth; even though our run blocking has been weak. He should have got in on that first and goal. Refuse to be tackled. We've seen backs all the time break tackles. Hell, they've done it to us all year.

Duckett is useless. He is a big guy so he needs to hit the hole hard. Instead, he dances around the right side like he's a lightweight. I think Duckett could have got a touchdown on that 1st and goal from the 3 yard line if he had simply hit the hole hard and run over everyone.

Archived