Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ESPN:Arrington Rips Union and Skins!!! (Merged)

Monkart

isn't Troy Vincent the President of the NFLPA? I wonder what he has to say about it

troy vincent is not the president of the NFLPA, he's just the player rep to it. Gene Upshaw is the president of the NFLPA. Big difference in the jobs of the two.

that being said, i'm sure vincent would tell lavar that's a ****ing moron

Has Joe Gibbs stole money? After all, he's getting paid $5 million a year and after 3 years he has a losing record.

Je Gibbs at least tries, and works harder than anyone else, Joe Gibb doesn't put his ego ahead of the team, Joe Gibbs never ripped the team or the players in the media the week of a playoff game, Joe Gibbs doesn't act like somebody owes him,......

Whether the screwed him or not, this is a billionaire fighting with a millionaire. I can't relate. Either way, Lavar got paid for being injured for two years. I wish we had the Lavar of old, not the one of the past two years. But I think in the end, this worked out well for the skins.

Except the 4-8 record

His agent had 14 days according to the article to read the contract and he failed to do so. Snyder chose Lavar over Champ so he needs to stop feeding this B.S.....There have always been excuses with Lavar as to why he has never lived up to his hype...ranging from coaching changes, injuries, contracts, etc...

These excuses need to end ...Period

hindsight. looking back, it's easy to say that.

but no way, at the time, we should have passed on him.

We drafted Samuels and LaVar that day.

LaVar was a problem child as advertised. Paterno was not in love with the guy for reasons that became obvious the minute he was on the field.

He wasn't my choice at the time.

Funny, how the Players Association is blaming Arringtons Agent but Arrington keeps pointing fingers at the Skins. I think Arrington has really lost it!

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2689062

Arrington said the Redskins faxed a final version of the contract without including the provision for a second $6.5 million roster bonus in 2006.

"I guess when they sent that, there was deception involved from the start and I guess they were hoping to bank on that and they got away with it," Arrington said.

Neither Arrington nor Poston noticed the error. Arrington signed the contract.

"I had no reason to believe at that time that if you are going to give me an eight-year contract and you are going to sit there and rob me, but that's the type of organization it is," Arrington said in another blatant shot at the Redskins.

"I don't know about the whole thing with the NFL, but I definitely know the PA does things that they definitely shouldn't do, and I don't think by any means, by any stretch of the imagination, do they always have the players' best interests in mind," said Arrington, adding he felt the Redskins and the players association were in cahoots in getting Poston suspended.

right, but he wasn't in 2003. you think it's okay to treat star players like that?

All evidence is we DID NOT pull a $6.5M roster bonus from the last draft. When Arringtom filed the greivance on this the Redskins said theywould produce all drafts of the contract and in none of them did a second $6.5M roster bonus appear. Thats right a second - the contract he signed already contained a $6.5M roster bonus - why would we offer him a second one which would have taken his cap hit to over $13M for that year?

Arrington then withdrew the grievance - presumably after his legal team told him he had zero chance of success.

The bottom line is that Poston either misrepresented the contract to Arrington - who is no rocket scientist - or he just screwed up. Poston then spins this as being the Redskins being underhand rather than him being incompetent.

Arrington should be mad at Poston not the Redskins.

Bottom line though he is Giant now and I could care less what he does and/or thinks.

I was thrilled with picking Samuels.

Most draft summaries of Lavar mentioned immature, lack of discipline and poise, at times hard to coach and control, freelancer and takes dumb penalties.

Yes there are many Skins fans who were not sold on Lavar, although he did become a fan favorite and have great team spirit for many years.

I was disappointed when they made the trade to acquire the #3 pick. The Redskins had many holes to fill and the trade removed opportunity to fill. I was however happy that they addressed a defensive need. They traded away the 12th and 24th pick. Along with an OT, the Skins needed 2 LB's, DL, a #3 CB, and an OG.

They could have had LB's Keith Bulluck or Julian Peterson, and DE's Darren Howard and Shaun Ellis or DT Chris Hovan (who graded high, looked good and played well when first drafted). These were only a few options, but at the time, would have been my options with Urlacher and Simon off the board.

If any of the other bums the Skins drafted that year produced anything, it might have taken some pressure and negativity off Lavar.

Not all of us were in love with LaVar.

His 'independence' was well documented before he was drafted.

maybe not 100% but close to 98% of the Skins fans were thrilled by lavar until it got bitter a couple years ago.

He was a no brainer draft pick and a hellova good player for a few years. Its ok to no like him now, but do not try to be a revisionist, he was a big part of this fracnchise when he was playing well.

Never sign a contract without reading it. That's why players have agents, and that's why agents have lawyers. Arrington is dumb as bricks if he is trying to blame anyone other than his own representative. Had the postons actually been doing their job, they would have called up the skins FO, noted the missing bonus, and probably received another fax within 10 minutes. Were the skins intentionally trying to be deceptive? We may never know, but I wouldn't be surprised either way. Still, it's not the issue. Arrington has no one to blame but himself and Poston.

He was a no brainer draft pick

A no brainer would not have all these negatives associated with him:

Most draft summaries of Lavar mentioned immature, lack of discipline and poise, at times hard to coach and control, freelancer and takes dumb penalties.

He was a great athlete and filled a need. However, there were other less expensive, very talented options.

A no brainer would not have all these negatives associated with him:

He was a great athlete and filled a need. However, there were other less expensive, very talented options.

i was speaking of the draft. He was a no brainer in the draft at the #2 spot.

less expensive very talented options? HUH. What are you talking about, i was only refering to when the Skins drafted him not this year when they let him walk...which was a no brainer too by the way!!!

he needs to STFU and get over it!!! Regardeless of what happened, he signed the damn contract!!! If a 6.5 million bonus was suppose to be there, its his ouwn faul and his agents that they didn't read what they were signing!! Number one rule with anything you sign....ALWAYS READ IT FIRST!!!!! Going on about this only makes him look more like an idiot

Archived