Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

I HATE fedex field and other observations

skinsaddict

Hate it.

It is falling apart, ushers yelling at you for banging on seats, a damn commercial every 10 seconds. The traffic leaving was ridiculous (didn’t help because some ******* caused an accident right at the entrance to the beltway. No excuse not to show other scores for other teams or show replays.

The telling thing on the way home, I was listening to Sirius and the giants, boys game - at one point there was a large booooooo. The announcer said "well they just showed the replay on the jumbotron and the fans don't like it” I wonder what that is like?

My brothers first trip to a game and he wonders why it is painted like FDX colors, I say, because our owner is a whore. I forget what a normal football game is like - makes me almost want to stay home and watch the game in HD.

A generation of losing has created a generation of jackass fans. Its football 101 - you are loud when the opposing team has the ball - don’t try and get people to stand up and yell when we have the ball (I am talking to you section 419) The long term repercussions of not fixing this team are becoming more and more apparent. Booing when Vick got hurt was nearly the last straw for me and very embarrassing.

I just sold my Eagle tickets and had no problem letting them go. For people that say, well just give them to me...you are part of those jackass fans who just don’t get it. I paid Snyder enough for two seasons worth of tickets this year. Go to hell Snyder. Try to raise my rates next season.

This was the first game this year they didn't show the sidline away scoreboards and it really irked me. The weeks before I could understand deaf people wanted closed captioning (not really but I got over it) at least they still showed the scores in between :doh: the little scores in the coner of the jumbo tron one at a time every 15 minutes sucked. But Danny most likley did it to MAKE MORE MONEY from kangaroo t.v. ( the hand held t.v.s with Sunday ticket they sell for $40 bucks a game)

This was the first game this year they didn't show the sidline away scoreboards and it really irked me. The weeks before I could understand deaf people wanted closed captioning (not really but I got over it) at least they still showed the scores in between :doh: the little scores in the coner of the jumbo tron one at a time every 15 minutes sucked.

They showed the scores just as often as they did before the CC. They also add it to the normal jumbotron a few times life they do on tv on the corner.

Every home game the atmosphere and conditions at FedEx seem to get worse and worse. Not to mention the play of the team. In 103, the fans were alright, but at times it was completely quiet. I banged on the chair in front of me as did the people next to me, but we seemed to be the only ones.

I wish I would have been able to attend just one game at RFK so I could have seen what the 12th man is really supposed to be like.

:logo:

The best thing about going to the game anymore is the tailgate. I get tired of trying to get people to yell when we are on defense and not to try and start the ****ing wave when we are on offense. The Jags game was outstanding but they have been few and far between since FedUp Field has been built. But, s losing franchise will have that affect in the atmosphere as a whole. When you are winning you have the tendacy to block out the aforementioned problems.

They showed the scores just as often as they did before the CC. They also add it to the normal jumbotron a few times life they do on tv on the corner.

you are LYING. i saw the scores ONCE. i had to watch that ****ing jumbotron considering the birds have a better seat than I do (yet all the yellow seats were mostly empty...)

yeah and that kangaroo thing is crap - obvious a way to make money.

what makes me even more wary of snyder is his association with XM (the rest of the NFL stands behind sirius) and sirius covereage of the skins sucks ...connection? what do the skins spend all that money on? you would think it was the team...but nope...they only buy us crap.

At this point, I'm considering selling my tickets for the Eagles game. Sure, I'll still tailgate at the stadium... but after that, I might just find somewhere more comfortable to watch it with a higher percentage of enthusiastic people.

I swear, there are a grand total of 15 people in my entire section who actually give a **** about the game.

Yall sound like a bunch of nagging old ladies..:laugh:

I have a few family mebers in line so please give up your season tickets

So they can move up faster....

How do you go to a Football game with 90,000 people and complain about traffic...

You expected to be the only one driving?...:laugh:

i saw the out of town scoreboards every few minutes..

Not in in the usual spot above the visitors sideline when the closed captioning wasn't going it was blank. The one score at a time on the jumbotron is a joke. The only good thing about Fed Ex is that it where my favorite team plays other than that it is a dump compared to other stadiums in the league. The Club level and Sweets are on par though.

This is the unfortunate evolution of our team.

Gave up my LL tickets this year after 45 years in the family... that's right, my family had them pre-RFK.

RFK was so unique. Sat is section 219. There was a seam on the metal flooring and when you banged it just right, the sound was terrific. Ten people could make more noise than 1000 screamers.

Don't expect the volume levels to ever be like that again. When tickets go to corporations and such, the vocal fans are kept out or left in UL purgatory where they scream into the sky.

How do you go to a Football game with 90,000 people and complain about traffic...

were you the jackass in 419?

yeah, thats it, i thought i was the only one driving. no kid, i think bulding a stadium at that location is a major problem - trafic comes with that decision. I know that is not snyder, buuuuut, I still HATE fedex because of it.

your family can easily get tickets to ANY game they want in nearly ANY section. give that a rest. ask the two ROWS of jax fans beside me at the jags game.

you are LYING. i saw the scores ONCE. i had to watch that ****ing jumbotron considering the birds have a better seat than I do (yet all the yellow seats were mostly empty...)

They showed them more than once, from what I can tell, as much as they have been showing them since they started doing the closed captioning. But I agree thast it does suck that it is difficult to find an out of town score.

And I pretty much agree with everything else you said. I am still going to go to every game, but I am growing disenchanted with a lot of things in that stadium, regardless of what is happening on the field. I don't have enough money to justify pissing away what I spent on my season tickets on some sort of protest. Not like it would matter anyway.

Every home game the atmosphere and conditions at FedEx seem to get worse and worse. Not to mention the play of the team. In 103, the fans were alright, but at times it was completely quiet. I banged on the chair in front of me as did the people next to me, but we seemed to be the only ones.

I wish I would have been able to attend just one game at RFK so I could have seen what the 12th man is really supposed to be like.

Dude....RFK was the best. I wish I still lived in the area. In watching the games on TV the loudest fanes in the NFL are in Seattle. When I was attending games at RFK you could feel the stadium almost shaking.

:point2sky

Your family members are not trying very hard to get in the stadium. You can get season tickets on Ebay for Cheap and not have to sit in row 25 in the endzone for 15 years. I could care less about the traffic I enjoy tailgating after the game and letting the traffic die down. The Stadium is a dump though.

Last year I sat in many different sections and yes some of the ushers are very bad but props to the usher in 453 by far the coolest usher in the stadium.

Yea the only fun part is the tailgate. This stadium sucks, I went to Tampa last year and their stadium is so much better and I think it was built around the same time as ours :doh: .

Our crowd for the most part doesn't care. I've been told to sit down every game this season, and not once did I hear it last year.

This was probably my last game for awhile. I'm just gonna watch them all at home in HD.

Your family members are not trying very hard to get in the stadium. You can get season tickets on Ebay for Cheap and not have to sit in row 25 in the endzone for 15 years. I could care less about the traffic I enjoy tailgating after the game and letting the traffic die down. The Stadium is a dump though.

Last year I sat in many different sections and yes some of the ushers are very bad but props to the usher in 453 by far the coolest usher in the stadium.

I was just teasing the Guy...:laugh:

Its just funny how everything becomes a problem win we loose...and

The 7 dollar hot dogs taste so much better when we win....:laugh:

good observations 'skins addict'

i have loved the skins since late 70's..lucky enough to get season tix for past 5 seasons(right when my son turned 10)

while walking down the ramp yesterday he pats me on the back and starts talking about how he knows it is killing me with gibbs #2 not working and the dissapointment..

we chatted a long time on the ride home ...near richmond he fell asleep...i lowered the cruise control to about 65mph...moved into the right lane and basically resigned myself to the realization that for me... just for me ....its over...

you young guns can have it,

i wont fight the mad traffic that you guys have to deal with( let alone the tunnel traffic as i get to hampton)

i refuse to continue to let snyder RAPE ME for parking...

i refuse to be gouged for the concessions..

i am beaten/defeated, i cannot take it anymore

for what it cost me for 2 row28 seats and parking, i am looking for a flatscreen tv to give the family this christmas...

i am so defeated, the thrill is gone..

i sit there week in and week out surrounded by visitor team fans', how am i to respond as we founder away leads, and seem so inept?

the organization is a joke, i only hope that joe's health allows him to stick around to see the righting of the ship...

but i think everyone, deep in their hearts really knows the predictable outcome, because there is no going back home to what most of us older fans here remember about skins ball...

the game has changed too much, too corporate,free agents that show up for the checks only,no drafting,expensive patches here and ther...carousels of coaches and assistants and schemes..

i've had enough.....( if i get desperate, i will show up and scalp a ticket, its much cheaper, i dont have to pay for 2 seats ,2games, parking etc for preseason garbage ..)

mods can block me here also..i just dont give a rats$%# anymore

Archived