Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Coaching Thread

TK

The teams takes the attitude of its coach....

dumbfounded!!!!!

Als saunders runs the offense and Gibbs & Saunders call the plays in the Redzone and 2 minute drills...

Suanders wtook a few chances today that he should not have...but I blame the last part on the Head Coach ...he is just lost..:doh:

He misses challenge oppurtunities

Calls timeouts when they are none...

Bad clock management....

Its just Lost

I keep hearing that Saunders did not call the plays in K.C. and that he only designed the playbook.We need to can him off his play calling duties!!!The other thing is this lame old coaching staff does not understand in the modern day football is how to pick up the damn blitz!!!The q.b. should recognize the pressure and make sure guys are aligned in the right place.How many balls were batted down today because of missed blitzers coming in untouched.We were lucky there were not more sacks today.

I just don’t get the play calling down 24 -14 with 4 minutes left. Calling running plays is really a joke. Pathetic play calling by this team. Up 14 to 0 and making a stop on 4th and 1 is when you try and put the other team to sleep with a bomb.

I am really sick with how they coach. It was like they thought they had 24 points in the 4th Qtr. I can’t say it’s all on the players because the coaching is bad bad bad. 10 minutes remaining and they let the Falcons run because they are still playing a 4 man front instead of stacking the box.

I really don’t know what to say because the coaching is really out right terrible. How can Gibbs be this bad? It’s the simple things: No Huddle Offense when down by 10 with less than 10 minutes but they don’t do it with both Brunell and now Campbell.

Do they even practice a two minute drill?

Pass the ball with 50 seconds left and 3rd down at the goal line with no timeouts. How do you run the ball? How how how? Why why why? Not that it was going to matter but I would have liked to even see a FG if there was an incomplete pass on 3rd down with 40 seconds left and then an onside kick.

They don’t even try. They talk about the players not giving up but what is up with the coaching staff?

Key to game...another missed 50 yard FG...Gibbs loves FG...Skins can't make long fg's...hell they can't make any fg's...If Gibbs is gonna remain the coach and call a conservative game playing for field goals...trade Portis for a field goal kicker...it sounds so stupid...but think about it...everytime the Skins cross midfield...Gibbs plays for a freaking FG

Al Saunders playcalling is horrible, and the thing is, it's not the gamecalling for the entire game, however it is the types of plays he calls in key situations.

Atlanta didn't stop the run all day, yet we pass on 3rd & 2.

The stupid attempt of a "trick play" at midfield.

There were others too.

Al Saunders playcalling is horrible, and the thing is, it's not the gamecalling for the entire game, however it is the types of plays he calls in key situations.

Atlanta didn't stop the run all day, yet we pass on 3rd & 2.

The stupid attempt of a "trick play" at midfield.

There were others too.

The one that killed me was the "delayed" handoff at 2nd and goal from the 2 at the end that lost us two yards. We should have had a TD on a gut run.

this is not meant to be a shot at anyone, but being that I am too young to really remember gibbs era I, all I have to go on is what I am seeing now. And what I am seeing is average coaching at best. horrible time management, questionable play calls (running under 1 min w. no TOs???) and an inability to make adjustments. It is the story of this team. I see no leadership anywhere on the field or the sidelines.

teams should not fall from 10-6 one year to 4-8 the next without serious injuries (ok, we have had injuried but not like seattle for example) besides, injuries shouldn't be an excuse. People like to say that our offseason moves were our undoing, well, who made those calls??

sorry, I am jsut frusterated, but I haven't seen anything out of any of our coaches to warrent their inflated salaries

The one that killed me was the "delayed" handoff at 2nd and goal from the 2 at the end that lost us two yards. We should have had a TD on a gut run.

yes, that is when TJ Duckett should get the ball.

The playcalling is so disgusting. Any retard can know what play is gonna be run. We ran the ball effectively but you have to throw it once in awile. And the skins dont have to do play action just throw the effing ball.

I am just so disgusted with this whole team from top to bottom. We just need to gut it, get rid of gibbs and hire Al Saunders. Let him control everything from when to punt or go for it to everything. His offense is in place lets just get some damn defensive minded coach that actually stacks the damn box frequently.

I think it is funny because after 2004, people had this big misconception of Joe Gibb's offense, like it didn't feature passing downfield. All you have to do is watch highlights of his first run with the Redskins and you will see that passing downfield was a HUGE PART of the game, it complimented the rushing attack. It seems to me like Gibbs offense featured more vertical passing, while Saunders is like a modifed WCO.

Our kicking game is still hurting. At the end we should have at least been playing for a tie into OT. Then the clock may have not been as much of a factor and we could have concentrated on just the tieing TD. We started out strong early but could not maintain that game dominating momentum. Atlanta is not a slouch team and I think JC got a REAL taste of the NFL this afternoon.

campbell throw the ball 38 times. That is ridiculous considering we were up 14-0 in the 1st quarter. coaches got fancy and got away from what was working, he should never have been in a position to throw the ball that much given how we started

did you watch the game? :doh: we passed more b/c we were losing!

playcalling was off 3 qtrs of teh game today...

ATL made adjustments.... I guess we didn't... CAN'T????

its the story of the gibbs II. we do something pretty well, the other team adjusts, and what was once a strength becomes a huge weakness. :doh: :doh:

i agree. i'm glad the wr screen has gone away but what is the deal with the weekly reverse? al, you got to know every team is gameplanning for it by week 13?!?! :doh: :doh: :doh:

how come we run multiple playaction passes in the fourth quarter when ATL was up 10? how about when our run game was actually working? :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh:

There goes Parcelss looking like a genius and our coaching staff is the laughing stock of the NFL. 3 games ago when we couldn't tackle and that's on the players but when the coaches refuse to put the players in positions to succeed it's a joke.

Campbell should be in the shotgun more often in passing downs because play action does not work on passing downs so putting him under center is flat out stupid. That's putting your guy in proper position to succeed which we never do.

On defense were should I start. At the beginning of the game when we are full of conifence (coaching staff I am talking about) and still showing a heart beat we are playing close to line. We are showing blitzes which gives the impression of the line being stacked and we back off which I am fine with because at least the offensive line sees guys in their faces and are not sure where they are coming from or who is coming. Then all of sudden the Falcons score a few points and then we get scared (coaching staff) into the basic bull**** 4 man front with the other 7 guys at a minimum 5 to 7 yards off the line. What would you do? I know what I would do which is run and run and run which is exactly what the Falcons did. When exactly were we going to make an adjustment and move guys closer to line in the 5th Qtr?

10 minutes left down by 10 I am going to stack the line on defense to at least make the Falcons think about passing. Maybe we can create a turnover on a tipped pass or something onstead of watching them ram it down our throats or watching Vick roll left and roll left after every single play. Should we put a LB wide next to the end just to show we might actually have someone there on that roll. Force the Falcons to run their bootlegs the other way. Force the other team to go away from their strength. Don't we watch the tapes of the other teams like everyone else or do we just think our almighty scheme is just so much better than the other's teams. Give me a break.

Just so tired of bad football and bad coaching. We scored that 2nd TD because we took a chance and we scored no more because of this conservative bull****. I love Gibbs and I don't like to lay blame at his feet but don't you see what the rest of us see Joe. Is it Greeg Williams the problem then get rid of him. Week after week we are just not in proper position on defense. What is the problem?

On offense what happened to screen passes. Why can every other team run screen passes that work to Running Backs and we can't? How about do we practice the 2 minute drill. Joe said today was Campbell's first taste at running the 2 minute drill. Really? I didn't know they didn't run a 2 minute drill in college and we must not practice it so I guess it was his first taste. Getting outplayed is one thing but getting outcoached is a joke. Not having a clue in basic concepts such as defensive alighment, 2 minute drill. Picking up a blitz & Clock Management is a tough pill to swallow.

Can we now get Rocky on the field because maybe just maybe he plays as well as the young tackles who are playing. You have to be kidding me Holdman never needs a breather so Rocky could get his feet wet for a few plays. Oh that's right Holdman is animal out there why take him off the field because a worn down old Holdman is going to lead us to the promise land. Unbelievable bad and questionable decision making. They do an often amount of analyzing but never get it right.

At first I was a little worried with Gibbs coming in at SS, but after he got that pick return for a TD I was cool with it.

LOL LOL LOL:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: ...You are right Gibbs did not play but he DO need to have some final say on some of those awful calls takeover like Belichek did in Baltimore (well it's too late now)...but...you do not do all that trickeration when Bettes was running like he was...It was the Bettes and Santana show for 14 minutes then all of a sudden Saunders lost his dam mind

Archived