Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Coaching Thread

TK

this guy greg williams is pathetic. ive seen where it was 3 rd down situations with falcons, falcons have 6 on the line and williams every freakin time goes with front 4. no pressure on the QB and has pash coverage guys lost in wonderland. nice call retard.

This game was lost in the 1st quarter.

We force a 4th and inches stop. We're up 14-0. It's our ball at midfield. We've been pounding it down their throats all game long.

What do we do? Pass incomplete. Reverse loss of 2. Pass incomplete.

From that point on we let our foot off the pedal and the Falcons gained confidence.

This has happened to us so so so many times in the Joe Gibbs tenure. For example:

04 2nd Cowboys

05 Seahawks

05 Bucs

05 Raiders

05 Chargers

06 Vikings

06 Jaguars

06 Titans

06 Falcons

In all these games we have blown fairly sizable 2nd half leads. It's a pattern of a lack of guts and toughness...

How we make every team that is about to fall into shambles suddenly look good again is unbelievable. I can't remember the last time I was so embarrassed to be a skins fan. I have my hated rival the eagles coming in next week and I have zero confidence that we can beat that crap football team. How we made Atlanta look like a jugernaut today is just disgusting. That team lost 4 in a row, have NO recievers, have been reeling from Vick flicking off the fans to Mora rumors of getting let go and they come into our house, erase a 14 point deficit and just absolutely embarrass us in the process. The commentators by the 4th quarter were annointing Vick the most exciting player in football again, and giving "Atlanta is gonna be dangerous down the stretch" speeches all because we suck!! You want to resurrect a pathetic program come into Fed Ex and use our team like a punching bag. Tennessee resurrected their hopes of the future on our field, Minnesota became a contender on our field, and today Atlanta saved their season on our field. And whats even more disgusting is how we play AWAY from Fed Ex. I am disgusted by this team. Absolutely disgusted. Before everyone starts telling me Im not a fan because I am absolutely mortified by this organization ask yourself "why would someone who didn't care about them be disgusted in the first place?" This is pathetic. I am watching Tennessee right now, playing for nothing but pride, but the difference between them and us is that they have pride.

Warhead you're right.

And I'll add that the hand-picked QB of Joe G(both of them) looked far less impressive than the guy who he inherited. Makes you wonder.

But this is Gibbs II. Gutlessness, cowardice and putting pressure on a unit that hasn't performed just to get the ball back REALLY LATE in games or playing not to lose even when you're behind.

get rid of gibbs. please get rid of this guy. take williams and the rest out of here. this guy Gibbs, the way he coaches and calls plays is just freaking absurd. we have 14 pt lead so he stops what we did to get those 14 pts and plays like a scared football team tryin to protect the lead. nice!

Again, I'll place the blame on this loss squarely on Joe Gibbs. At some point Joe, you have to play to win. You team doesn't have an identity... it just gets every game dictated to it.

And all you do is wait for a few big plays that keep your team in ball games... and then attempt to justify your gameplan because you kept the margin of defeat respectable. And you can continue touting the "we're only a few plays away" mantra.

Hey Joe, every team is a few plays away from a blowout defeat too.

Again, I'll place the blame on this loss squarely on Joe Gibbs. At some point Joe, you have to play to win. You team doesn't have an identity... it just gets every game dictated to it.

And all you do is wait for a few big plays that keep your team in ball games... and then attempt to justify your gameplan because you kept the margin of defeat respectable.

It's the third season and every year there's some new crisis with this team where we HOPE to string together some wins.

It's now 3 years where GIbbs mistakes at QB have killed a season. The first was waiting too long to bench Brunell and then throwing Ramsey to the two best Ds in the league.

Then last year, sticking with Brunell after the knee injury had made him resemble something as bad as 2004--and continuing to play it safe rather than play to win.

Then this year. I doubt it would propel us to the playoffs but by waiting to so long, even if Campbell gets it together after a few games, it means nothing.

How many losses have we had where Gibbs refuses to fight to win? Where he shows just how little faith he has in the side of the ball HE controls?

I'm sick of watching Gibbs out there embarrassing himself. Even if our D was great, this team would still find a way to play it close and lose games they shouldn't.

and how likely is it that GIbbs will change?

Guest Gichin13

clock management is pitiful once again this year. What was with the lack of hurry up on the second to last drive? Strange play calling too, running plays up the middle with little time. Even the draw at the goal line made absolutely no sense clock wise. Pitiful coaching game from Gibbs in my book.

I agree with play calling when we had them down 14 points and then shut out on fourth and 1.Then it's back to al saunders lame a@# play calling.Yea that was redskins football!!!!Run the damn ball!!!

More like pitiful JG playcalling. Im sure being with KC, Saunders has perfected the 2 min drill, yet you can see JG calling for the plays on the sideline.

Fire Al Saunders NOW!

YES! Let Joe call the plays again, that got us into the playoffs last year. We're damn sure not going this year, but at least we lose the dead weight of Saunders and his 700 page book of future toilet paper.

On the radio, they just said Gibbs was calling TO w/ no TO's down before the 4th down. Did anybody see that?

not really suprised with that..

you go in the half with TO you should of used.

and because you want to keep it close to the chest with every damn game you burn TO that you forget you used already.

The thing is this...if you are going to play close to the chest football you need to have A+ time managment:

2min warning

2min offence

every damn game senerio you can think of.

The coaching staff has the worse in the NFL. and you want to feed a young QB that? Good luck with that.

God awful...

terrible decision making on 3rd and 2 at 50 to not announce to AS that we're going to go for it... you get a different play call - perhaps a run that leaves a 4th and very short or a first. Instead, they punt.

Last drive... you can't run on 3rd when you need to scores. If you're going to run, run on 2nd, so you can spike, kick, and go onside.

What is JG thinking?

On the radio, they just said Gibbs was calling TO w/ no TO's down before the 4th down. Did anybody see that?

I heard that too, that action more than anything else has left me as down as I've ever felt towards Joe Gibbs.

How can he be that clueless about the situation the team was in at that time?

This is very very sad.

get rid of gibbs. please get rid of this guy. take williams and the rest out of here. this guy Gibbs, the way he coaches and calls plays is just freaking absurd. we have 14 pt lead so he stops what we did to get those 14 pts and plays like a scared football team tryin to protect the lead. nice!

I have to admit. Gibbs cannot coach anymore. I have been saying this for a while anyway. Synder these fans may hate you but you have to let this guy go. I was too young to remember the Gibbs of the 80's but what I do KNOW NOW is that he sucks as a coach.

Archived