Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Ipod or MP3?

Om

LMAO! this coming from the panty-waisted geek who is oh sooooo sensitive over his precious wittle MAC name being besmirched!

It's funny to watch people throw insults when they have no ammo... talk about tilting at windmills. You're amusingly hopeless.

I wasn't even originally responding to you, so it's really none of your business is it, mac-dweeb?

Are you really 41 years old? Really? You didn't happen to accidentally transpose the numbers in your age? I really hope you don't have children. Although, perhaps they are already more mature than what you've displayed thus far.

You called me a troll, did you not? Now you get all ****y when you get a little **** back? LMAO! Typical mac-dork. Betcha got all those oh so kewwwwl commercials TIVO'd dontcha? Probably got a poster of cool, hip "mac-guy" over your bed...

:laugh:

Interesting. Lacking reading skills as well, aren't we? Your response to be called out for your ridiculous shortsighted immature ways is to become even more infantile, and less relevant with each passing post. How truly pathetic. I'm just going to assume you're actually a little kid, because it's impossible to imagine someone reaching adulthood and possessing only the most embarassing attributes of adolescence. Mind bogglingly disturbing.

Oh children...stop the arguing! Tis the season for peace....

That being said, I have the Creative Zen Micro Photo (8GB) and I love it. I've had it for about a year now and have had nary a problem.

My buddy has been through 2 iPods during the same time.

Some people love iTunes. I can't stand it. If you happen to use it, don't let it screw your whole music library up!

Oh yeah...my zen has a removeable battery....big plus. I've heard good things about the Zen Vision M...you should check em out.

Personally, I dont see the need for video out of my music player. Seems stupid and a waste of space. I did like that my player store pictures though (although, it wasnt a selling point for me). I have temporarily stored about 500 pics on it. Liked the touch screen and sleek look too.

I recommend the Philips GoGear HDD6330 (30 GB) MP3 Player. Two of the selling points for me were the FM Radio and built in mic.

They do make one with a video player now as well.

24086_philips_HDD6330.jpg

This is what I roll with.

Zen_Micro_side_black.jpg

Here's what sold me on it when I bought it a year ago.

1. 5 gig (lots of room)

2. Simple, I don't need a lot of gadgets

3. Built in microphone (Ipod needs a separate attachment for $75, and that's only for the big (20 gig) Ipod, the mini won't record at all) I use the microphone to record my class lectures

4. Price, I paid $280 total for mine which is much less than what I would have paid for an Ipod that would do the same thing.

5. Size, its smaller than my wallet, and about the same size as a pager.

Om,

I'm a buyer for a retail company ... and one of my categories happens to be MP3 Players. I was able to get my hands on an Ipod a few years ago and thought that it was the greatest thing in the world until I was forced to educate myself when I gained this category.

Now, I hate my Ipod. It sits in my room in my iRoom alarm clock. The only time that it is ever used is in the morning when my alarm goes off. I hear 30 seconds of music from my Ipod and then it's it.

Now, I carry three smaller MP3 players and love each one of them. Not only are they smaller in size, but they're smaller in GB, but I don't mind. The three models that I carry around are:

Archos 104 (available in a variety of colors - pink, silver, black)

SanDisk e200 (available only in black)

Philips SA9200 (available only in black)

All three models are very small ... but can be purchased in 2GB-8GB models. I carry around the 2GB models of each model and each MP3 player is loaded with different music (one R&B, one with nothing but DMB, one with alternative & pop music).

Out of the three models, my favorite is definitely the SanDisk e200. It's a great piece, you can get it in an 8GB model. It's very small, lightweight, has a menu-wheel, FANTASTIC color screen, video capability, voice recorder, FM radio. It's loaded and it's amazing. The other great thing that comes along with this model is a free 14 day membership to Rhapsody.com.

Rhapsody.com = so much better than Itunes in my opinion. It's $14.99 a month for UNLIMITED downloads (which will be great if your daughter loves to DL all the new music). I've never had a problem with Rhapsody.com. They have all of the new music on there.

The other great thing is that SanDisk is second in the market share for MP3 players. Granted Ipod kills the market and is light years ahead of everyone ... but Sandisk leads the other manufacturers.

I truly have no had any problems with the Sandisk model. No freezing, no random memory loss, no lost songs, no problems with the software and my computer.

I'd recommend looking into that .... If you have any questions, please feel free to ask.

:)

Candace

Oh ... and one more thing. If you look at the price of the 8GB model of the Sandisk, you'll see that its $249.99 on their website. You'll find that the Microsoft Zune is a 30 GB piece that is available in most major big box stores for $249.99. I'd stay away from this piece. The Microsoft Zune is a refurbished Toshiba Gigabeat ... and it's gotten horrible reviews. The screen size on the Zune is larger than competitors, but I wouldn't buy it.

This is what I roll with.

Zen_Micro_side_black.jpg

Here's what sold me on it when I bought it a year ago.

1. 5 gig (lots of room)

2. Simple, I don't need a lot of gadgets

3. Built in microphone (Ipod needs a separate attachment for $75, and that's only for the big (20 gig) Ipod, the mini won't record at all) I use the microphone to record my class lectures

4. Price, I paid $280 total for mine which is much less than what I would have paid for an Ipod that would do the same thing.

5. Size, its smaller than my wallet, and about the same size as a pager.

microphoto_101.jpg

That's what I roll with. Creative!!! Same as yours but 8 GB, color screen, photo capable. And the screen is larger.

I got a 30gb phillips go gear and its better than the 40gb ipod that some suburban skatepunk is rocking in Hampstead, NC (where it was stolen from my car) I like the controls and the menus better than the ipod and also like using any number of applications to manage my music.

This 30gb non-video mp3 player was $198 at Walmart.

I appreciate all the advice. It's one thing to do factual "research" ... it's another to get actual user experience and opinions. Which are, as I suspected they would be, of a wide and varied nature. :)

Since this is her first, I'm not going high-end. I'll get her 2-4GB and NOT spend over a couple bills. I know full well after a year or so with it, once she's off to college she's going to know enough to make her own informed decision about the upgrade she'll HAVE to have. She's just like her old man in some regards. :)

So this one is essentially a starter kit. I'll decide based on best value within that context.

Again, thanks. The links AND practical advice have been mucho help.

ok Om it sounds like your daughters in highschool, i would definantly get the Ipod, which i what i have. That's what all the kids are using these days. The MP3 player i had last wasn't very good, and i've heard some bad stuff about em. i would just go with the Ipod nano, its cheap, it holds enough songs for a highschooler, its small, its cool and hip. all the things a highschool kid wants in there music player.

Archived