Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Smoooot: Possible FA pickup?

tehhunter

Interesting fact I picked up on another NFL forum. Smoot is due 12 mil next season by the Vikings, and is a certain cap cut (i.e. he is definetly a FA). What are the chances that we'd pick him up to shore up our own secondary / would you as fans welcome him back or shun him?

Honestly, I can see why he would leave for that much money. But seeing as he had an off year this year, he couldn't ask for an equal salary, and also the cap is projected to go to 109 mil this year.

So yay/nay for smoot?

I'd do it. Shawn Springs should make the same switch Vincent did to Safety. Springs moves over to SS unless Fox continues to develop or Troy Vincent out-performs him.

Then agian, if our d-line plays like how it played last week, all of our corners will look good no matter who they are.

But where would we put Arch??????

haha

If we signed him tommorrow, I'd put him at 3rd string and make him earn every chance he had at starting. I wouldn't give him anything for what he did to us!

Redskin for life?................................:rolleyes:

But something just came to mind. Would he be any better than Carlos Rogers?

Can we really take two cornerbacks getting burnt all the time? :doh:

Don't think so!:nono:

Please

With Greg Williams thinking he was expendable you think he would lobby for Smoot to come back??

Of course he wouldn't do something that would make the team/fans happy and make the Redskins better

He will get Nate Clemons for 42 milion and a 15 million dollar signing bonus

Seriously though Smoot would want to be a starter not a nickle corner and signing him might hurt whats left of Rogers confidence

Signing Smoot would send out and signal that Rogers is a bust and with that said............. I'm all for bringing Smoot back because Rogers sucks

I'd do it. Shawn Springs should make the same switch Vincent did to Safety. Springs moves over to SS unless Fox continues to develop or Troy Vincent out-performs him.

Then agian, if our d-line plays like how it played last week, all of our corners will look good no matter who they are.

how about smoot+springs as CB's

rogers nickel but gets alot of playing time because he can tackle

would't mind having rogers in then holdman

this would be just like trotter going back to the eagles. I'm all for it. He should get more than the minimum, less than he was getting in minny. He would once again thrive in this system, and provide much-needed depth and competition for Rogers.

He didn't leave like LA - it's not like he paid to get out of here; he did what most people in his situation would do, he went where he was wanted, and where they would pay him.

I think it would be great - an acknowledgment by Smoot that this system was good for him, and an acknowledgment by Williams that maybe some players are better for his system than others.

I would love to have him if he isn't too much loot..we need to get a cb in free agency so its either him nate clements or asanti samules. Well we need to get one good free agent...a lb or a cb. Id say either lance briggs or nate clements but maybe if we can save some money and get smoot that wouldn't be so bad. I always like him and was mad when he left. I hope he comes home.

Archived