Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Extremeskins before extremeskins predicting the 1991 Redskins-Eagles playoff game

SkinsHokieFan

Ben Smith picked up a fumble and ran for a TD yet the runner was called down, which replays showed he clearly wasn't. Too bad there was no replay back then.

The Eagles would have won.

WB, you talking about the same play TMK is referring to? Because TMK is right, there was replay back then. The play was reviewed and ruled no fumble.

"During my service in the US Congress, I took the inititive in creating the internet"

you can play with words but it sure sounds to me like he was taking credit for the intenet.

The reality is, he did take the initiative in getting legislative passed that did facilitate the creation of these here Internets.

He may be a self-aggrandizing politician, but he's not wrong.

Heh, I remember that day very well. It was Saturday, January 3, 1991. Right after that game was over I went out and bought a couple VA lottery tickets. The jackpot for that evening was $22 million. The winning numbers we 1-6-16-19-34-40. My numbers were 1-11-16-19-34-40, one of the two times in my life I've hit 5 out f 6 numbers. The jackpot was won by a 74 year old man, three days before his 75th birthday. The numbers he played were a combination of his birthdate and age. He was born January 6, 1916 and was 74 at the time, hence the 34 and 40. He collected $22 million. I collected $1100. :doh:

Ben Smith picked up a fumble and ran for a TD yet the runner was called down, which replays showed he clearly wasn't. Too bad there was no replay back then.

Ummm, there was replay dude, and it overturned the call. It was initally ruled a touchdown

The ground caused the fumble and the Redskins proceeded to whip you guys the rest of the day

This was also the year where Buddy Ryan had the Eagles practice in Tampa the week before the playoff game against the Redskins, he did that because "thats where they would be playing in a few weeks"

After the body bag game, whipping the Eagles at home in the playoffs was great. Beating them 23-0 on MNF the next season was just as good, because Gibbs called a timeout with a few seconds left in the game to kick a FG :laugh:

Ernest Byner was the runner, and he was clearly down, the ground can't cause a fumble right? What game were you watching? Another wining Beagle fan

Replay was established for the 1986 season.

It's last season of use was 1991 before returning years later in it's current form.

Replay was indeed used for that play. Remember, the call on the field was that it was indeed a fumble and a TD for the Eagles. Replay overturned the call because clearly the ground caused the fumble after Byner had already been touched by an Eagle.

I can send you a copy of the game if you'd like to relive it. :D

Ummm, there was replay dude, and it overturned the call. It was initally ruled a touchdown

The ground caused the fumble and the Redskins proceeded to whip you guys the rest of the day

This was also the year where Buddy Ryan had the Eagles practice in Tampa the week before the playoff game against the Redskins, he did that because "thats where they would be playing in a few weeks"

After the body bag game, whipping the Eagles at home in the playoffs was great. Beating them 23-0 on MNF the next season was just as good, because Gibbs called a timeout with a few seconds left in the game to kick a FG :laugh:

Yeah, I remember that. Probably the only time Gibbs ever rammed it down anyone's throat. he always took a knee at the end of a 20-0 game, but It was personal that day.

Again, there's the problem. You just can't get past the "creating the internet" part can you? What a shame you can't actually look at the entire statement, and use language skills to realize that what surrounds "creating the internet" in fact gives it a different meaning entirely.

...."Gibbs is over the hill"......

is different than.....

"I hate people who say Gibbs is over the hill."

I'm not defending Al Gore.....I'm defending the English language, and I'm done!

Bad argument. Your example is not the same thing. In your example you are missing more of the sentence. In Gore's case you must infer that he means "along with other people". Anyway you missed my point. I know what he meant, but he worded it wrong and thats what makes it funny. And apparantly everyone but you thinks so. Even the media still likes to bring it up for giggles....and they're liberal! Lighten up.

Archived