Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Campbell makes unknown guys look like pros...

luke1867

I'd rather him use our high priced supposed "Stars". But it is nice to see him involve Thrash and Yoder.

He probably has a rapport with them (Thrash/Yoder) because of all the time he's spent throwing to them on the scout team, etc. Probably more than anyone else on the team.

Carolina should be a good test for Jason. If he can play even half as well as Romo sits to pee, I'll be thrilled.

That pisses me off so much that Dallas got a guy like Romo sits to pee as an UDFA... of all the rotten luck. That guy is the real deal... I'm telling you right now... and it makes me sick. I'd give anything to see Bledslow back at the helm for Dallas.

Oh well. I think Jason is going to be our guy and do pretty well once he gets acclimated to the NFL. Maybe even better than Romo sits to pee eventually. :applause:

I'd rather him use our high priced supposed "Stars". But it is nice to see him involve Thrash and Yoder.

He probably has a rapport with them (Thrash/Yoder) because of all the time he's spent throwing to them on the scout team, etc. Probably more than anyone else on the team.

Carolina should be a good test for Jason. If he can play even half as well as Romo sits to pee, I'll be thrilled.

That pisses me off so much that Dallas got a guy like Romo sits to pee as an UDFA... of all the rotten luck. That guy is the real deal... I'm telling you right now... and it makes me sick. I'd give anything to see Bledslow back at the helm for Dallas.

Oh well. I think Jason is going to be our guy and do pretty well once he gets acclimated to the NFL. Maybe even better than Romo sits to pee eventually. :applause:

I wouldn't say it was luck....the guy was a good college player (D1AA), and they kept him around for 3 years learning the system, letting him prove that he could run it. It's easy to say in hindsight, but I have thought for a number of years that the Redskins should keep a young late round pick QB as their #3 pretty much all the time.

There is not the pressure from the fans or the media that comes with being a 1st or 2nd rounder, and the team can afford to let a 4th or 5th round pick stay on the practice squad for a year, and then as your 3rd stringer for a couple of years to see if he really has potential after multiple years of learning the offense.....

I'll reserve judgement until next year...a lot of other QB's around here in the past looked promising at first then turned out mediocre after a few games.

Gus Frerotte and Patrick Ramsey had excellent debut games, true...and with less talent and completely worse coaches. There were a crapload of man-crushes for Ramsey at the time, if I recall correctly.

I won't take anything away from Campbell's game Sunday, he did pretty good all things considered, and showed great poise and energy. He did as well as Brunell's been doing all season even though he's never started an NFL game (which says something about Brunell's level of play lol), and he's the ONLY thing that has me getting excited about the next game.

There have been other QB's that did well their first starts and panned out to nothing, but Campbell showed a lot more than Ramsey in terms of poise and talent. Ramsey would have NEVER shrugged of that blitzer and thrown for a first down, neither would Brunell for that matter.

Campbell is the QB of the future, the FO just has to make smart moves and not screw this oppertunity up.

Archived