Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Brandon Lloyd catch?????

scrol14

most of the balls were thrown by brunell...which means they were probably crappy throws.

Lame excuse. No other Skins receiver has stats anywhere near as bad as Lloyd. Cooley, ARE, and Moss all catch between 55% and 60% of the balls thrown their way. Lloyd catches 39%. Can't be the QBs.

Lloyd hasn't caught crap all year. Or last year. Seeing a pattern yet, or should I get you some glasses?

Lame excuse. No other Skins receiver has stats anywhere near as bad as Lloyd. Cooley, ARE, and Moss all catch between 55% and 60% of the balls thrown their way. Lloyd catches 39%. Can't be the QBs.

Lloyd hasn't caught crap all year. Or last year. Seeing a pattern yet, or should I get you some glasses?

Well, when you are the guy the QB throws deep to, and the QB isn't a very good deep passer, you'd have a low percentage as well.

As I pointed out to you before, none of the misses to Lloyd were because he dropped a catch he should have had easily. All three he had a shot at were tough opportunities.

Jason.

Some more data points, since I have the video.

Of the ones Lloyd didn't catch in the Dallas game:

The ill-advised pass Brunell made in the end zone on 3rd and 2. Lloyd had no chance at it.

The deep pass thrown by Randel El where he was fouled. He might have been able to get to it if he wasn't fouled.

An ugly pass that was nowhere near Lloyd, and could have been picked off by the defense.

And this doesn't include the 37 yard pass that was called back because of a holding penalty.

Jason

I swear if Lloyd didn't come to us with the baggage that he carries about dropping balls we wouldn't be reading half of the nonsense that gets posted on this board. Once you stop buying into the crap that was coming out of SF and look at his play objectively you will see that the guy is a prime time player in all aspects of the game.

ok so his average sucks that means he has dropped what? 2 balls? And then made a couple amazing catches. Brunell was not getting the ball to him enough...let this offense drive and Campbell spread the ball around, Lloyd is a stud WR, were lucky to have him talent wise and he is a class act.

ok so his average sucks that means he has dropped what? 2 balls? And then made a couple amazing catches. Brunell was not getting the ball to him enough...let this offense drive and Campbell spread the ball around, Lloyd is a stud WR, were lucky to have him talent wise and he is a class act.

So are you a big Archuleta fan (refering to your signature) or have you just not gotten a chance to change it?

i admire his work ethic

GW is to blame for the lack of effort on defense

I wish he would apply his hours of training to coverage technique and excercises that improve quickness and agility. Maybe if he changes his offseason workout routine, he can turn himself into an OK coverage guy, and we can afford to play him because he's not a total liability...

He dropped the ball, that's why it was incomplete. I think we all need to forget everything that happened with MB as the quarterback. This is a new offense with JC's abilities. Let's see how the receivers do the rest of the year with a QB that can throw anywhere on the field. With maybe a little bias, I think we have a top 5 receiving duo with Moss, ARE, Lloyd and Cooley. I put Indy, Dallas, Cincy and Arz with them. The differnce is the QB. Look at Arz, there receivers are great but their Oline and QB have struggled so they haven't had the #'s. Doesn't mean they aren't good. Same with the Romo sits to pee move in Dallas. Thoughts?

i admire his work ethic

GW is to blame for the lack of effort on defense

AA is not to blame for the front office paying waaaaaay more than it should have for someone who has always been identified as not being able to man up with receivers. AA is also not be blame for someone somewhere in the orginization thinking 'We can change him' . You can tweak players but rarely can you change a can't to a can. If someone came to me with that ridiculous contract, I would be signing as fast as I could, so would many of you.

The problems with the 'Skins are very obvious if one cares to look at them.

1) Continuity - of coaches (which also brings in continuity with regards to schemes), of players, of QBs (this one shocked me, 17 QBs in the last 15 years? when I heard that I was like 'nah, no way' then I started going thru them myself, yikes). Not many teams can win with a revolving door for signal callers.

2) Always pursuing the 'Right Now' fix - by overpaying, by giving away high draft picks. No team can be good all the time. Just admit that and try to get the best possible value from your free agent money and draft picks, you do that (and avoid costly injuries) your team will be competitive.

3) Poor use of draft picks that we do keep. It just seems that most of our 1st-3rd picks (which we rarely HAVE) are complete misses. Busts happen (see: Leaf, Ryan) but when an orginization is continously hitting busts, it might be time to rethink.

Just my thoughts having been a 'Skins fan for over 30 years.

Paul,

lol are you really that dumb? I have seen every game this year, ive seen every pass thrown(often multiple times). You are sitting here faulting a guy for not catching a pass on a play that he got HURT. A play(like the one earlier in the game) where he had full posession until after he was out of bounds(which would have been a catch several years ago, until the new retarded rules came into effect. Thank you Mark Peereieoroieroeir). Go ahead and watch every throw this season where Lloyd was thrown the ball and it was his fault if it wasnt caught. You will find I believe 2 drops. 2.

You want to throw around the statistic of how many times he was thrown at(key word, "at")? Well then id suggest you check and see how many times Moss was thrown at and how many he caught. You are going to see a sorry story and have a hard time explaining that one. Also consider that Moss is thrown short routes(WR screens and the like), while Lloyd is only thrown the rare deep ball. You dont measure a reciever by how many times he is thrown AT by a bad QB. You measure a reciever by how many times he catches the ball when he has an opportunity to.

But hey, it is America, you have the right to be stupid.

Archived