Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Brandon Lloyd catch?????

scrol14

Oh BTW just a little extra backup on the above post.

According to the guy who up until the dallas game(second) was keeping track of passes thrown to and catches, after hte first game of the season(Minnesota where lloyd had no catches), Lloyd caught 65% of his passes since then. Regardless of what you want to say about what percentage he has caught, the important stat is drops. Not an often kept staistic, but one Stats Inc does keep(not exact, but close enough, it is open for some interpretation). Moss is listed as having 3 drops this season. Lloyd? 1.

ok so his average sucks that means he has dropped what? 2 balls? And then made a couple amazing catches. Brunell was not getting the ball to him enough...let this offense drive and Campbell spread the ball around, Lloyd is a stud WR, were lucky to have him talent wise and he is a class act.

exactly. the man hasnt had much come his way and many of the balls that come his way have been impossible to catch. He has made some amazing catches and actually dropped only a couple. averages dont represent much in comparison to the others when he hasnt gotten the ball like the others.

This may have been covered but can you not be forced out of bounds in the pro's. Look like to me he could have came down in bounds on that catch.

I agree, but then, if the bal comes out, i guess it doesn't matter. I seem to remember him catchign it though. Guess I was wrong.

You want to throw around the statistic of how many times he was thrown at(key word, "at")? Well then id suggest you check and see how many times Moss was thrown at and how many he caught. You are going to see a sorry story and have a hard time explaining that one. Also consider that Moss is thrown short routes(WR screens and the like), while Lloyd is only thrown the rare deep ball. You dont measure a reciever by how many times he is thrown AT by a bad QB. You measure a reciever by how many times he catches the ball when he has an opportunity to.

But hey, it is America, you have the right to be stupid.

What you'd find is that Santana Moss has caught 56% of the passes thrown at him and that Brandon Lloyd has caught 41% of them.

You'd also find that Lloyd only has one "drop" while Moss has 4.

But this doesn't tell the entire picture. There's more to catching a ball than just being in the right place at the right time, where QB makes a perfect throw. Part of being targeted is getting open, and Lloyd hasn't been as good as Santana Moss at that. Part of it is also adjusting to the ball while it is in the air, and catching passes that other receivers otherwise couldn't. Again, Moss does a good job.

I don't think Lloyd is a "bust" nor near as bad as many of the people here apparently do. In fact I think him and JC are very near to developing a great QB/WR relationship and should produce lots of yards and touchdowns for the Redskins for years to come.

Still, there's no point washing over the things he's done poorly. That dropped pass at the beginning of the game last week could easily have changed the eventual outcome. It was a catcheable ball by Lloyd's own admission and he simply let it slip through his fingers. He let Jason Campbell and the team down on a big play.

Hopefully he learns from it. Full credit to him for getting behind Ronde Barber, one of the best Corners in the league. Next time please make that catch.

Archived