Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Relationship Question

Commander_N_Chief

Ok so I am with a girl who I completely adore, and things have been going well up until just recently. It seems just a couple of nights ago she went to a hockey game, ok that's normal...turns out it was with her ex boyfriend. Now I tried to tell myself ok well people who break up can go out together as friends whatever...but if it's just a friendly meeting why not tell me who she's going with? Not to mention when she called after the game, she told me she had to hang up with me because he was coming back to the car? So I let this go figuring ok maybe it's just my mind running away with ideas. Until last night I find out at 10:30 at night she's going to her boss(happens to be a dude)'s house to watch a movie. She told me she had to get off with me because she didn't want to seem rude to him. Ok so am I going crazy or what would any of you make out of this situation? What would you do in this situation? Ladies I would also appreciate your input to try and get a girls point of view out of this situation.

Thanks everyone.

I remember some of your other threads on this. Is this the girl that lives in Mass? Dude, you are so far away from her if you are already jealous it won't work out.

Find someone closer to you who will be your friend as well as your lover. Its pretty simple, long distance relationships just don't work. The farther away she is from you the more things will be complicated.

Who did she say she was going to the game with? You mentioned you had to hang up the phone because he was coming back to the car but said that she didn't tell you who she was going with.

If she's been lying to you about where she's going or whatnot, it's time to cut your losses and move on.

That's my female point of view. :)

Who did she say she was going to the game with? You mentioned you had to hang up the phone because he was coming back to the car but said that she didn't tell you who she was going with.

If she's been lying to you about where she's going or whatnot, it's time to cut your losses and move on.

That's my female point of view. :)

She never mentioned that she was going to the game with anyone. It turns out when she had to hang up quickly because he was coming back, she also admitted she had went to the game with him in that same conversation. She didn't lie that she was going to a hockey game, she just "failed" to mention that it was with her ex boyfriend. And like I said it didn't really bother me that it was with him, more the fact that if nothing was going on, why would she hang up with me so quickly and just so happen to leave out that she was going with him?

She never mentioned that she was going to the game with anyone. It turns out when she had to hang up quickly because he was coming back, she also admitted she had went to the game with him in that same conversation. She didn't lie that she was going to a hockey game, she just "failed" to mention that it was with her ex boyfriend. And like I said it didn't really bother me that it was with him, more the fact that if nothing was going on, why would she hang up with me so quickly and just so happen to leave out that she was going with him?

Even if she isn't dating him behind your back, she's talking to you behind his back. Dishonesty is habitual, and she is clearly in the habit. Plenty of fish in the sea. Go have some fun.

If your gut reaction is making you question her intentions, then you already have your answer.

The only thing that some people do is neglect to tell their partner things because they are afraid it will cause an argument or whatever.

I'm not saying that her intentions could be completely bad, though that's how it sounds. In any relationship, for it to work, communication and honesty is key.

Let me ask you this. Are you willing to have her constantly leave out important details? Obviously, she's trying to spare your feelings. But how would you differentiate between is it because it's innocent or because she's trying out other options? I'd bet on the second. Because for her to have to hang up the phone quickly would indicate to me that this ex doesn't know anything about you.

If your gut reaction is making you question her intentions, then you already have your answer.

The only thing that some people do is neglect to tell their partner things because they are afraid it will cause an argument or whatever.

I'm not saying that her intentions could be completely bad, though that's how it sounds. In any relationship, for it to work, communication and honesty is key.

Let me ask you this. Are you willing to have her constantly leave out important details? Obviously, she's trying to spare your feelings. But how would you differentiate between is it because it's innocent or because she's trying out other options? I'd bet on the second. Because for her to have to hang up the phone quickly would indicate to me that this ex doesn't know anything about you.

That's part of the reason why I asked about this Munchkin, at first with the hockey inncident I felt maybe she was sparing my feelings so I let it slide. But most recently with the boss too. Something tells me I should have just went with my gut when this first came up. I agree communication is the key to any successful relationship, and it seems I'm only getting half the story now with what seems all the time...

Even if she isn't dating him behind your back, she's talking to you behind his back. Dishonesty is habitual, and she is clearly in the habit. Plenty of fish in the sea. Go have some fun.

I never thought of it in that sense. Thanks.

Always trust your instincts. You KNOW what is going on, but you don't want to BELIEVE what is going on. I had a girl that tried this crap on me about 4-5 years ago. She had excuses, blah, blah, blah. In the end, I hated her and couldn't stand her lying ways. She never cheated on me physically, but I know she did mentally. Sounds like what is going on in your situation.

I think that you two need to sit down and talk. Tell her that you are feeling betrayed and you want honest answers. If she can't look you in the eye or hems and haws, get up and leave.

How did you find out about all of this? Did she eventually tell you or did you find out another way?

"I remember some of your other threads on this. Is this the girl that lives in Mass? Dude, you are so far away from her if you are already jealous it won't work out."

If this is the same guy- go back and read what my reply to your earlier thread about moving up there. you are freaking 19 years old!! you should be worrying about college, your career, your future profession for the next 50 years.

not some chick. have fun, play the field. don't settle down until you are in your late twenties or you are just begging for divorce..

Archived