Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Merged x115 Adventures Of The Fashion Police Weekly aka THE Uniform Thread

RSkinsFan

The white jerseys are typically the away uniforms, but Coach Gibbs preferred using them as our home uniforms. So as a result, we don't see the burgundy jerseys unless the opponent uses their white jerseys as their home uniforms.

For example, when we play Dallas.

I think it adds to the rivalry that the only time they use their blues they are playing in Washington and the only time we see our burgundy is when we are playing in Dallas.

From the Official Redskins Blog(Matt Terl inteviewing Brad Berlin... I think he's the equipment manager):

Any word on alternative uniforms this year?

Nope. None. The ones last year were special for the 75th anniversary, but we don’t have anything lined up this year.

Not even a third color jersey?

Nope. Burgundy and white.

Along those lines, Gibbs seemed to prefer the white jersey with the burgundy pants. Some players have claimed to prefer the burgundy jerseys with white pants. Any idea how things will go this year?

We’ll be wearing the white jerseys with the burgundy pants at home until, I think, the Pittsburgh game. After that, burgundy with white pants. Coach Zorn thinks it will help with the heat. For away games, we’re at the mercy of the home team — like Dallas always wears white at home, so we always wear the burgundy in Dallas.

I'd like to see them wear the Shadow jerseys for a game. And they could make black helmets with the white logo like the Shadow hats...

Medium_7128A-30-Landry-Blk-Shadow.jpg

I can't find a picture of that hat anymore... I know they used to have it on Redskins.com though.

Please God no. I hate it when teams without black as one of their colors do a black jersey. It looked stupid on the Eagles and it would look stupid on us.

(and I own one of those hats, FWIW)

Please God no. I hate it when teams without black as one of their colors do a black jersey. It looked stupid on the Eagles and it would look stupid on us.

(and I own one of those hats, FWIW)

haha that's what a lot of people say. I like black jerseys though, but yea I don't think it's ever gonna happen so don't worry :laugh:

From the Official Redskins Blog(Matt Terl inteviewing Brad Berlin... I think he's the equipment manager):

Any word on alternative uniforms this year?

Nope. None. The ones last year were special for the 75th anniversary, but we don’t have anything lined up this year.

Damn, I liked those 75th anniversary jerseys. The helmets looked like we played for RadioShack but the jerseys were nice.

I'd like to see them wear the Shadow jerseys for a game. And they could make black helmets with the white logo like the Shadow hats...

Medium_7128A-30-Landry-Blk-Shadow.jpg

I can't find a picture of that hat anymore... I know they used to have it on Redskins.com though.

We're not the damn Raiders or the Steelers.

We're the REDskins.

Burgundy and gold. Why do fans want to mess with TRADITION????

The question is why did Gibbs prefer the whites? I thought I read that he thought it would benefit the offense somehow. Of course, we've had largely offensive-minded coaches since, with Norv, Spurrier, and Gibbs 2. Petitbon I guess didn't want to mess with tradition, but Marty did!

Im sure this will get merged into the fashion police thread, especially since this idea has already been mentioned, but i dont think it would hurt to try it out once or twice. I kinda think it would like like a college uni though

• 3 weeks later...

It appears Zorn is doing a Spurrier ...

http://theredskinsblog.com/2008/07/28/back-to-the-equipment-room-brad-on-jersey-colors-etc/

... but, unlike Spurrier who respected the tradition of wearing home white for the Dallas game, it looks like we're going to let the Cowpukes wear THEIR home colors in OUR park.

For the all the years I've been following the Redskins, we've been predominantly a HOME WHITE team. Since 1978, when I arrived in Washington, we had home dark for six seasons: 1978-1980 and 2001-2003. We never made the playoffs in any of them.

Hey Zorn: home white for ALL home games !!

cheers

I like mixing it up. If the players and coaches are for it...then who are we to get in their way. I don't like the idea of him doing it to make the pukes happy. BUT, I do like the idea of letting them whatever color dress they want to wear, and we spank them no matter what.