Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Merged x115 Adventures Of The Fashion Police Weekly aka THE Uniform Thread

RSkinsFan

Guest Spearfeather
Um ok. I don't think generations have **** to do with it. You either have good taste or you don't. If you think those horrific Nike designs were good, or if you think the Skins need black jerseys, or if you think the Patriots/Broncos/Seahawks/Bangles uniforms looks good, then you have bad taste. This is not an opinion, it's fact.

As much as I hate the Giants, them and the Raiders pretty much have the best uniforms. Less is more friend.

Agree with all of this.

People calling for a modern change, will keep saying that until we get to a design that they really like, and then when others call for something new, they will be saying: " Why change?!! "

but I wanted to ask...

When did the Bangels get back together?

Agree with all of this.

People calling for a modern change, will keep saying that until we get to a design that they really like, and then when others call for something new, they will be saying: " Why change?!! "

but I wanted to ask...

When did the Bangels get back together?

homer.jpg

Edited by Diesel Hog

The Nike Vapor Jet gloves debuting tonight during the Pro Bowl.......

http://nflspinzone.com/2012/01/28/nike-vapor-jet-gloves-invade-nfl-2012-pro-bowl/

It is no secret that Nike Football will be the official uniform supplier of the NFL starting in the 2012 season — but there is no need to wait any longer. The official Nike invasion will begin this Sunday at the 2012 Pro Bowl. Players on the field will be testing out the Nike Vapor Jet gloves that you may have seen on college fields already.

The Nike Vapor Jet gloves are unbelievable and look amazing. They bring some extra POP to the NFL uniforms and are sure to catch the attention and praise of fans everywhere. Nike released the images of their uniforms on their official Facebook page today. If you want to see your team’s design for the new glove, continue after the jump. Trust me, you will not be disappointed — unless you are a Browns fan.

CLICK PIC

redskins-150x150.jpg

Edited by HogNose

redskins.jpg

I don't get the gloves thing NIke is doing. For the Skins, it feels like the Burgundy has just gotten more and more Red over the years. They could keep the same design and just match the colors from the 70th Anniv Uni's. All I ask is they don't do a fashion show. Just correct it, and move forward.

Guest Spearfeather
I don't get the gloves thing NIke is doing. For the Skins, it feels like the Burgundy has just gotten more and more Red over the years. They could keep the same design and just match the colors from the 70th Anniv Uni's. All I ask is they don't do a fashion show. Just correct it, and move forward.

I dont know, our mid 60's uniforms ( 70th anniv, ) uniforms, look more maroon, than burgundy, to me.

Guest Spearfeather
For those, yes. I mean the one if your picture is closer to burgundy to the current uni's which seem closer to red.

The Darrel Green picture above, is very close to this Baugh jersey.

$(KGrHqZHJCYE8flq+WNsBPJJNQu)cg~~60_12.JPG

and this:

SonnyJurgensenPhoto.jpg

Sonny1.jpg

ryan_kerrigan-512x300.jpg

In my opinion, the first two jerseys are more " maroon ", and the bottom two jerseys are more " burgundy "

Guest Spearfeather

originally posted by Buford

When you type in color burgundy and search....there are all sorts of shades out there.

So true, and those colors in the chart you used are very close to the Baugh jersey from the 1940's pictured above, but check out the colors for the uniforms in the early and mid '30's on this chart.

http://www.gridironuniforms.com/redskins.html

Edited by Spearfeather

good link.

I think the moral of this story is that what some feel is a traditional uniform isn't going to be the same for a lot of fans. Think of how many people think the 1980's look is the classic.

I think all the pieces are there to do something like the Giants (yeah, I guess its copying an idea) or the Jets did. Use a throwback design from the 60's-70's as the template for the current uni.

Guest Spearfeather

]

good link.

I think the moral of this story is that what some feel is a traditional uniform isn't going to be the same for a lot of fans. Think of how many people think the 1980's look is the classic.

I think all the pieces are there to do something like the Giants (yeah, I guess its copying an idea) or the Jets did. Use a throwback design from the 60's-70's as the template for the current uni.

You know, here's the thing Buford

This picture of Jurgensen is from 1969:

Sonny1.jpg

This uniform is unique. We only wore this particular combination for one season. The jersey continued through 1978, but in 1970 the helmet changed to the R.

The previous season was this:

SonnyJurgensenPhoto.jpg

My point is, if they would just change the home jerseys to the '69 through '78 jerseys, they could use the current helmets, of course, and then have the " spear and feather " helmet for a " throwback " like the first picture above, which makes me wonder if their reluctance to do away with the white pants, is what's holding it up. Once they change to the 69' through '78 jerseys, the white pants would be finished.

Edited by Spearfeather

]

This uniform is unique. We only wore this particular combination for one season. The jersey continued through 1978, but in 1970 the helmet changed to the R.

The point is, if they would just change the home jerseys to the '69 through '78 jerseys, they could use the current helmets, of course, and then have the " spear and feather " helmet for a " throwback " like the first picture above, which makes me wonder if their reluctance to do away with the white pants, is what's holding it up. Once they change to the 69' through '78 jerseys, the white pants would be finished.

Why can't you use the jersey design/color with the current helmet design but darker?

I posted a bunch of cranberries a few pages back. That is what the current jersey reminds me of. Also noted a few pages back, I'm a huge fan of the darker burgundy like the one Sonny is wearing in post 4391 (the 2nd picture).

I think that with the way players wear jerseys now, with the sleeves cropped to the shoulder pad, the days of stripes on the sleeves are not needed. The plain, dark burgundy jersey with the straight white numbers (no gold trim) is what I think looks best. It's pretty much exactly what NYG did, except they don't have numbers on the sleeve (I prefer sleeve numbers). The only thing I'd do different is probably add a gold band around the bottom of the sleeve and possibly a gold collar.

Other than that, I'd pretty much keep the gold pants we use today and helmet. The only minor modification to those would be to make the gold slightly less shiny and a tad darker. For the helmet, I'd remove the white stripes and just have a single gold stripe down the middle.

I wonder if the gloves will be for retail sale? Would be kind of cool instead of those big winter gloves or cotton gloves. I would def buy if they were below $40.

Edited by Manny555

Guest Spearfeather
Why can't you use the jersey design/color with the current helmet design but darker?

O.K. Just trying to clarify.....It sounds like you're saying, keep the current helmet design/logo, but change the color to the " maroon " ( darker burgundy )?

O.K. Just trying to clarify.....It sounds like you're saying, keep the current helmet design/logo, but change the color to the " maroon " ( darker burgundy )?

I'll make this easy.

Brown_Larry43_Redskins.jpg

This Uni but in the colors from one of your sonny pictures.....meaning...a few shades darker than what we're using today.

I wonder if the gloves will be for retail sale? Would be kind of cool instead of those big winter gloves or cotton gloves. I would def buy if they were below $40.

oh yeah. the ones without the NFL designs are 24.99 so at worst maybe 29.99. look up the nfl vapor gloves

Guest Spearfeather
I'll make this easy.

Brown_Larry43_Redskins.jpg

This Uni but..... in the colors from one of your sonny pictures, meaning...a few shades darker than what we're using today.

Your Larry Brown picture is the same jersey as one of the Jurgensen photo's you reference

and here's the one of Kerrigan:

ryan_kerrigan-512x300.jpg

They're very similar.