Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Merged x115 Adventures Of The Fashion Police Weekly aka THE Uniform Thread

RSkinsFan

Uniform combinations are turned in and approved by the league before the season begins...any team can alternate how they please depending on if they are the home or away team with the approved combinations...a team cannot just wear a combination that has not been approved...Who remembers in 2004 the burgundy socks, burgundy pants and white jersey. I loved that combo..but no1 eva spoke on the fact that this is our first year EVER being a black tape team

How the Mother F*** do you know?

How many times has a loss come down to just not getting 1 first down or the quarterback doesnt see a defender because he was wearing green top?

Maybe this is why JC didnt see the guy on Sunday and his pass went for 7 for the eagles

First of all, no need to cuss and get all bent out of shape. You're right, I don't know what the players "see" or "don't see". And for that matter, you don't either.

There are too many factors to just say a player's green jersey blended with the field. The walls are burgundy, the stands and the sidelines are multi-colored and the goal posts are yellow. I seriously doubt the Philly CB was "camouflaged" against the grass, unless he was on his back.

If the color green had any bearing on the outcome of 1 first down or whether or not they can be seen, everyone would switch colors. JC threw the INT because he forced the ball into coverage to a receiver (TE) that was covered. That's called inexperience, not being color blind.

Does anyone else think that the Redskins should try a black uniform with burgandy and gold trim? I think the Saints' black and gold unis are really cool and I've always been a fan of the Eagle's black and green. I think black is more intimidating and I think it would look really sweet with our colors. Maybe come back next year with a new look and attitude? :fingersx:

Burgundy and gold. I Don't think we should go away from those colors.

Im a big fan of when the top is burgundy. That looks intimidating enough imo. Besides the Raiders wear black , and I doubt anybody's afraid of playing them.

If they make black jerseys and sell them to the fans, why not. As long as its not worn on the field.

Well, I disagreee with that. One thing we should copy is the ability to score points and win football games. I'd love to copy them on that!

:doh:

oh no! i prefer losing games!

youre missing the point dude.

they look like TRASH compared to us. we should be thankful we have beautiful burgundy and gold unis that are awesome. THAT was my point :)

If we ever have 3rd jersey the should be the retro jerseys.

Retro would be sweet, like the Chargers. I just feel like I'm getting bored of our current jerseys a little bit. I like them, but I think it gets the team pumped up when they change them. I just think it would be cool if we went for some sort of statement with that, of course followed by better play. But then again, I always want the Redskins to be that underdog team from the movies. :D

In three words

"HELL F**K NO"

If we ever have 3rd jersey the should be the retro jerseys.

green.jpg

After the way we played in those uniforms a few years back, i don't ever want to see them again. Every time i see that jersey, i get images of Kenny Watson and Steve Spurrier. I'd rather forget those times.