Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

BAd news on Campbell

skinsrbeast

Good thing he's our quarterback its his time, but what are our main offensive problems? Deep ball, play callling, and inconsistence O-line. Well here is campbell's weaknesses

Weaknesses: Long accuracy continues to stand out as a problem. The deeper the throw the less consistent he is. Field vision is improved but still not good. Doesn't see entire field, misses too many open WR's. Is a better than average athlete and good scrambler but not a big threat to run. Lacks explosive top-end speed and elusiveness.

and strenghts

Strengths: Has good overall size and the frame to get even bigger. Is a smooth athlete with above average foot quickness. Show good quickness in his drops. Long legs and gets a deep drop because of stride. He does not have elite arm strength but he is strong enough to make all the NFL throws. Better zip when throwing right. At his best working short-to-intermediate zones. Shows good touch and timing. His delivery is one of the areas he's most improved. Much more compact and has a high release point. He did not make a lot of big plays on his own at the collegiate level but he really developed into a caretaker. A quiet leader but came into his own as a senior. Extremely hard working and coaches have nothing but good things to say regarding his intangibles. Is a mild-mannered QB that doesn't seem to get over-excited. Also has become much less volatile in face of pass rush.

(address) http://insider.espn.go.com/nfldraft/draft05/tracker/player?id=8754&univLogin02=stateChanged

So if you skipped that heres what's important. Campbell is a hardworker, a young Qb, and a great intermediate to short passer. BUt his deep ball is inconsistent, and he doesn't have elite arm strenght. He was a projected great second round pick. So after all this do you think we may have another Qb in washington next year? And how well will Campbell play in the conclusion of the 2006 season?

I had the opportunity and the priveledge to watch from the stands, Campbell lead his team to a 13-0 season at Auburn. He is quick and good on his feet, he is very accurate and very capable of a deep attack, and he is extremely aware of the opposing defenses. So belive what you want, i have faith in him!

It says his accuracy in throwing the long ball is inconsistant, not his ability to throw the long ball. I think our recievers are more talented then most teams recievers, top to bottom. I think our WR corps is talented enough help cover any deficiencies the young Campbell may have. I mean, it cant get much worse then what Brunell has given us can it? Its a bummer that JC will have to play through a rough stretch of games... that could hurt his confidence. Here's to hoping this turns out better then the Ramsey experiment!!!

Archived