Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

BAd news on Campbell

skinsrbeast

Let the man prove himself...get behind and support. Hopefully we have another DW who knows...we will soon find out. God Bless you Joe...We know it was a tough move to make. One thing Jason can count on is a coach that will give him a fair chance to be successful. HaiL Skins

You gave a detailed scouting report ,but nobody knows how he is going to handle real NFL game action. You say he was projected to go in the 2nd round but what does that tell you. Tom Brady was drafted in the 6th. Hopefully we have found a QB in Campbell for the next 10 years or so. Campbell has been laying low now for year and a half, not saying the wrong things, not complaining,and no off field incidents. I have a very good feeling about him. GO SKINS!!!!!!!!

i dont give a crap, this is AWESOME.. we have reason to watch the rest of the season LOL. but this is very exciting

Exactly. Was beginning to think that NFL Sunday Ticket was a waste on my hard earned cash, especially when all I was seeing was Mark throwing screens all game long. :dallasuck :gaintsuck :eaglesuck

Weaknesses: Long accuracy continues to stand out as a problem. The deeper the throw the less consistent he is. Field vision is improved but still not good. Doesn't see entire field, misses too many open WR's. Is a better than average athlete and good scrambler but not a big threat to run. Lacks explosive top-end speed and elusiveness.

This was my impression of Campbell in 2005 preseason. I saw a more cautious, cerebral QB in Campbell in the 2006 preseason.

Um, the deep ball is a very low percentage play to begin with. What's the news here?

Also, Campbell doesn't have an elite arm like Brett Favre, Patrick Ramsey and Jeff George. Those are elite, big-time arms.

And in case you haven't noticed... while "elite" arms are nice... it is HARDLY a prerequisite for success. Campbell's arm is more than adequate for the NFL...

Good thing he's our quarterback its his time, but what are our main offensive problems? Deep ball, play callling, and inconsistence O-line. Well here is campbell's weaknesses

Weaknesses: Long accuracy continues to stand out as a problem. The deeper the throw the less consistent he is. Field vision is improved but still not good. Doesn't see entire field, misses too many open WR's. Is a better than average athlete and good scrambler but not a big threat to run. Lacks explosive top-end speed and elusiveness.

and strenghts

Strengths: Has good overall size and the frame to get even bigger. Is a smooth athlete with above average foot quickness. Show good quickness in his drops. Long legs and gets a deep drop because of stride. He does not have elite arm strength but he is strong enough to make all the NFL throws. Better zip when throwing right. At his best working short-to-intermediate zones. Shows good touch and timing. His delivery is one of the areas he's most improved. Much more compact and has a high release point. He did not make a lot of big plays on his own at the collegiate level but he really developed into a caretaker. A quiet leader but came into his own as a senior. Extremely hard working and coaches have nothing but good things to say regarding his intangibles. Is a mild-mannered QB that doesn't seem to get over-excited. Also has become much less volatile in face of pass rush.

(address) http://insider.espn.go.com/nfldraft/draft05/tracker/player?id=8754&univLogin02=stateChanged

So if you skipped that heres what's important. Campbell is a hardworker, a young Qb, and a great intermediate to short passer. BUt his deep ball is inconsistent, and he doesn't have elite arm strenght. He was a projected great second round pick. So after all this do you think we may have another Qb in washington next year? And how well will Campbell play in the conclusion of the 2006 season?

man get lost! Hail Jason. :cheers:

Um, the deep ball is a very low percentage play to begin with. What's the news here?

Also, Campbell doesn't have an elite arm like Brett Favre, Patrick Ramsey and Jeff George. Those are elite, big-time arms.

And in case you haven't noticed... while "elite" arms are nice... it is HARDLY a prerequisite for success. Campbell's arm is more than adequate for the NFL...

Very well put. We all can agree that Pennington has a sub-par arm but he has disproven that theory w/ the way he has come back from 2 rotator cup (i think) surgeries. Like you said, it is not a prerequisite but I really do feel his arm is strong enough.

Archived