Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

BAd news on Campbell

skinsrbeast

Holy crap - people already hating on Campbell. You people are toxic. You don't deserve a winning team.

I came to work with a SCOWL on my face because of that SLOP yesterday BUT it seems like I will be leaving here with a SMILE on my face! Alright Jason, do the damn thing!

Another garbage thread. No analysis in by the poster in there, just a stupid article that everyone saw here when Campbell was drafted. This isn't bad news, just a bad article. It is from when JC was in college. Why would someone bring up an outdated, ESPN analysis of Campbell? ESPN is ALWAYS wrong. Search some of their past analysis to verify this, as I am sure they had nothing good to say about Tom Brady, or anyone else drafted after the second round. Let's give Campbell a chance before trying to dig up negative articles. Does anyone, other than the poster, think a stupid ESPN article means were are getting another young QB? The only thing that will probably happen is Collins will retire, and the Skins will pick up a capable free agent back-up.

Good thing he's our quarterback its his time, but what are our main offensive problems? Deep ball, play callling, and inconsistence O-line. Well here is campbell's weaknesses

Weaknesses: Long accuracy continues to stand out as a problem. The deeper the throw the less consistent he is. Field vision is improved but still not good. Doesn't see entire field, misses too many open WR's. Is a better than average athlete and good scrambler but not a big threat to run. Lacks explosive top-end speed and elusiveness.

and strenghts

Strengths: Has good overall size and the frame to get even bigger. Is a smooth athlete with above average foot quickness. Show good quickness in his drops. Long legs and gets a deep drop because of stride. He does not have elite arm strength but he is strong enough to make all the NFL throws. Better zip when throwing right. At his best working short-to-intermediate zones. Shows good touch and timing. His delivery is one of the areas he's most improved. Much more compact and has a high release point. He did not make a lot of big plays on his own at the collegiate level but he really developed into a caretaker. A quiet leader but came into his own as a senior. Extremely hard working and coaches have nothing but good things to say regarding his intangibles. Is a mild-mannered QB that doesn't seem to get over-excited. Also has become much less volatile in face of pass rush.

(address) http://insider.espn.go.com/nfldraft/draft05/tracker/player?id=8754&univLogin02=stateChanged

So if you skipped that heres what's important. Campbell is a hardworker, a young Qb, and a great intermediate to short passer. BUt his deep ball is inconsistent, and he doesn't have elite arm strenght. He was a projected great second round pick. So after all this do you think we may have another Qb in washington next year? And how well will Campbell play in the conclusion of the 2006 season?

:mad: Jason Campbell was in college TWO YEARS ago!?!:doh:

:applause: Joe Gibbs Says This About Campbell:

His three best attributes:

1) HE IS VERY ACCURATE, AND THROWS A FANTASTIC DEEP BALL.

2) HE IS BIG AND STRONG, LIKE 6'5".

3) HE CAN RUN...I KNOW HE CAN RUN AT LEAST A 4.7

Don't try to spoil our fun yet, damn. I think Campbell obviously has greater arm strength. Even if they keep the majority of playcalling with the 10 yards or less category, which I'm sure they'll try to do as well and run the ball a crapload, his short passes aren't wobbly like Brunell's and his accuracy is a lot better, he throws to the open side of the reciever too, which Brunell, to me, seems less likely to do since he tends to turn away from the throw when he chucks it. All and all, I just hope people don't boo him this year AT ALL. Especially since last year was worthless since we just changed the whole offense on him this year, but I think he'll be fine. Next year will be a real test. This year is a waste anyway. We need to start playin Rocky more too, get rid of Holdman, move AA to OLB, draft a FAST DB, but that's a whole 'nother post aint it???

So if you skipped that heres what's important. Campbell is a hardworker, a young Qb, and a great intermediate to short passer. BUt his deep ball is inconsistent, and he doesn't have elite arm strenght. He was a projected great second round pick. So after all this do you think we may have another Qb in washington next year? And how well will Campbell play in the conclusion of the 2006 season?

Looks pretty damn accurate to me.

Good thing he's our quarterback its his time, but what are our main offensive problems? Deep ball, play callling, and inconsistence O-line. Well here is campbell's weaknesses

Weaknesses: Long accuracy continues to stand out as a problem. The deeper the throw the less consistent he is. Field vision is improved but still not good. Doesn't see entire field, misses too many open WR's. Is a better than average athlete and good scrambler but not a big threat to run. Lacks explosive top-end speed and elusiveness.

and strenghts

Strengths: Has good overall size and the frame to get even bigger. Is a smooth athlete with above average foot quickness. Show good quickness in his drops. Long legs and gets a deep drop because of stride. He does not have elite arm strength but he is strong enough to make all the NFL throws. Better zip when throwing right. At his best working short-to-intermediate zones. Shows good touch and timing. His delivery is one of the areas he's most improved. Much more compact and has a high release point. He did not make a lot of big plays on his own at the collegiate level but he really developed into a caretaker. A quiet leader but came into his own as a senior. Extremely hard working and coaches have nothing but good things to say regarding his intangibles. Is a mild-mannered QB that doesn't seem to get over-excited. Also has become much less volatile in face of pass rush.

(address) http://insider.espn.go.com/nfldraft/draft05/tracker/player?id=8754&univLogin02=stateChanged

I reckin not!

If you watch footage of Campbell, you can tell he has a good arm. I don't think that is going to be a problem. He also has a good touch on the ball, whether it is short or long, and that is part of the passing game.

We had a QB with a strong arm - Ramsey - and he lacked some touch. I would be happy if JC didn't have the strength of Ramsey but had better touch.

So the longer the pass, the lower the completion rate? D'oh! You are describing every QB that has ever played the game at any level. Great analysis.

Haha, exactly what I was thinking. I am thrilled that the report mentioned his intermediate game is a strength. We need that so bad right now.

You cannot go deep all the time. However with our WRs a lot of intermediate stuff will turn into long gains.

and strenghts

:bsflag: you have not seen him play one nfl regular season game yet!!!!

All and all, I just hope people don't boo him this year AT ALL.

I don't think that anyone is going to boo a guy who has not played in an NFL game yet. We did not pay him a gigantic salary, give up a 3rd round pick for him and give him all the tools he needs to succeed.

We all realize that he is a 2nd year player and he will make mistakes. This is a perfect opportunity for JC.

Archived