Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

BAd news on Campbell

skinsrbeast

OK lets look at Tom Brady before he started in the NFL.

http://archive.profootballweekly.com/content/archives/draft_1999/scoutingreports_qb.asp#QB%20TOM%20BRADY

QB TOM BRADY(6-4 1/2, 211, 5.25) MichiganNotes: Baseball catcher and football quarterback in high school who was drafted by the Montreal Expos in the 18th round of the June 1995 baseball draft. Opted for football and redshirted at Michigan in ’95. Saw limited action in ’96 and ’97 and started the past two years. Completed 3-of-5 passes for 26 yards, no touchdowns and one interception in ’96, 12-15-103-0-0 in ’97, 214-350-2,636-15-12 in ’98 and 180-295-2,216-16-6 in ’99, when he often shared time with super sophomore Drew Henson. Went all the way against Alabama in the Orange Bowl and completed 34-46-369-4. Unlike many Michigan quarterbacks, Brady is a pocket-type passer who plays best in a dropback-type system. Positives: Good height to see the field. Very poised and composed. Smart and alert. Can read coverages. Good accuracy and touch. Produces in big spots and in big games. Has some Brian Griese in him and is a gamer. Generally plays within himself. Team leader.

Negatives: Poor build. Very skinny and narrow. Ended the ’99 season weighing 195 pounds and still looks like a rail at 211. Looks a little frail and lacks great physical stature and strength. Can get pushed down more easily than you’d like. Lacks mobility and ability to avoid the rush. Lacks a really strong arm. Can’t drive the ball down the field and does not throw a really tight spiral. System-type player who can get exposed if he must ad-lib and do things on his own.

Summary: Is not what you’re looking for in terms of physical stature, strength, arm strength and mobility, but he has the intangibles and production and showed great Griese-like improvement as a senior. Could make it in the right system but will not be for everyone.

I say lets see What Jason Cambell can do. Stats mean nothing at this point. Especially stats from college on a 2 year QB. I support Jason and hope he will Win for us. Take notice the losing error for the skins now stops! He may not win at first but once he learns the game at actual NFL speed he will Make Gibbs look like a Genius!

So if you skipped that heres what's important. Campbell is a hardworker, a young Qb, and a great intermediate to short passer. BUt his deep ball is inconsistent, and he doesn't have elite arm strenght. He was a projected great second round pick. So after all this do you think we may have another Qb in washington next year? And how well will Campbell play in the conclusion of the 2006 season?

We will see, Tom Brady was a 6th round pick, he turned out OK I think. so did Kurt Warner (undrafted, like Antonio Pierce) but turned out OK, so much for pre-draft EXPERT predictions...

Um...

Our biggest problem is not the deep ball, but the intermediate throws over the middle of the field.

If you look at that Campbell was VERY highly rated on those throws coming out of college.

Bottom line he is a very strong armed QB, accuracy can be learned - but touch and arm strength are born - and he has it.

We will see, Tom Brady was a 6th round pick, he turned out OK I think. so did Kurt Warner (undrafted, like Antonio Pierce) but turned out OK, so much for pre-draft EXPERT predictions...

:laugh:

Okay Mr. Exception to the Rule. With your logic the best bet for long term retirement investment is to go play one hand of BlackJack with all your money bet on it. I bet I could show you a handfull of people who succeeded at that, too.

I have watched rookies play better than boonell. What makes anyone think JC wont do as good or better. He sure as hell cant do much worse, especially on road games. If he puts up atleast 3 pts. he will be just as good as boonell. Wow, i bet he will have hard time doing that.

As a Skins fan, I hate to say it, but I know Jason Campbell will make some mistakes as a QB for the Redskins. However, it is better for him to make those mistakes now and get them corrected by coaches as well as himself in the long run. He is still young; Campbell's time of developing into a mature quarterback with excellent leadership skills will be a work in progress. Honestly, I do hope that he makes an immediate impact for the Redskins. Nonetheless, if he struggles, I ain't surprised because Campbell is still developing and getting his feet wet in playing in the National Football League. As for next year, I do hope that Jason Campbell can make a tremendous impact for the Washington Redskins like what Philip Rivers is currently doing with the San Diego Chargers.

Good thing he's our quarterback its his time, but what are our main offensive problems? Deep ball, play callling, and inconsistence O-line. Well here is campbell's weaknesses

Weaknesses: Long accuracy continues to stand out as a problem. The deeper the throw the less consistent he is. Field vision is improved but still not good. Doesn't see entire field, misses too many open WR's. Is a better than average athlete and good scrambler but not a big threat to run. Lacks explosive top-end speed and elusiveness.

and strenghts

Strengths: Has good overall size and the frame to get even bigger. Is a smooth athlete with above average foot quickness. Show good quickness in his drops. Long legs and gets a deep drop because of stride. He does not have elite arm strength but he is strong enough to make all the NFL throws. Better zip when throwing right. At his best working short-to-intermediate zones. Shows good touch and timing. His delivery is one of the areas he's most improved. Much more compact and has a high release point. He did not make a lot of big plays on his own at the collegiate level but he really developed into a caretaker. A quiet leader but came into his own as a senior. Extremely hard working and coaches have nothing but good things to say regarding his intangibles. Is a mild-mannered QB that doesn't seem to get over-excited. Also has become much less volatile in face of pass rush.

(address) http://insider.espn.go.com/nfldraft/draft05/tracker/player?id=8754&univLogin02=stateChanged

So if you skipped that heres what's important. Campbell is a hardworker, a young Qb, and a great intermediate to short passer. BUt his deep ball is inconsistent, and he doesn't have elite arm strenght. He was a projected great second round pick. So after all this do you think we may have another Qb in washington next year? And how well will Campbell play in the conclusion of the 2006 season?

Campbell has to work through all the lumps he's going to take. That's the only way he'll be able to progress. It will take time and we as fans will have to be patient.

Another garbage thread. No analysis in by the poster in there, just a stupid article that everyone saw here when Campbell was drafted. This isn't bad news, just a bad article. It is from when JC was in college. Why would someone bring up an outdated, ESPN analysis of Campbell? ESPN is ALWAYS wrong. Search some of their past analysis to verify this, as I am sure they had nothing good to say about Tom Brady, or anyone else drafted after the second round. Let's give Campbell a chance before trying to dig up negative articles. Does anyone, other than the poster, think a stupid ESPN article means were are getting another young QB? The only thing that will probably happen is Collins will retire, and the Skins will pick up a capable free agent back-up.
thats right!! Heck, their crack draft day guys didn't even know who Darrell Green was!! Remember that!! and oh yea, last time I checked, 4.5 40yd dash speed was splendid for a qb. just how many runs over 40 yards do you see in an entire season from a qb anyway?

Weaknesses: Long accuracy continues to stand out as a problem. The deeper the throw the less consistent he is. Field vision is improved but still not good. Doesn't see entire field, misses too many open WR's. Is a better than average athlete and good scrambler but not a big threat to run. Lacks explosive top-end speed and elusiveness.

He's perfect for this offense then because all we do is run screens, reverses and 5 yard button hooks plus if there's is pressure he can actually get out of the pocket by running.

Hmmm... And, Joe Montana had a rocket for an arm.

Don't be fooled. Jason has a good/strong arm ... better than Brunell.

I had the opportunity and the priveledge to watch from the stands, Campbell lead his team to a 13-0 season at Auburn. He is quick and good on his feet, he is very accurate and very capable of a deep attack, and he is extremely aware of the opposing defenses. So belive what you want, i have faith in him!

Dont compare college to the NFl. Bad comparison

Archived