Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

BAd news on Campbell

skinsrbeast

Good thing he's our quarterback its his time, but what are our main offensive problems? Deep ball, play callling, and inconsistence O-line. Well here is campbell's weaknesses

Weaknesses: Long accuracy continues to stand out as a problem. The deeper the throw the less consistent he is. Field vision is improved but still not good. Doesn't see entire field, misses too many open WR's. Is a better than average athlete and good scrambler but not a big threat to run. Lacks explosive top-end speed and elusiveness.

and strenghts

Strengths: Has good overall size and the frame to get even bigger. Is a smooth athlete with above average foot quickness. Show good quickness in his drops. Long legs and gets a deep drop because of stride. He does not have elite arm strength but he is strong enough to make all the NFL throws. Better zip when throwing right. At his best working short-to-intermediate zones. Shows good touch and timing. His delivery is one of the areas he's most improved. Much more compact and has a high release point. He did not make a lot of big plays on his own at the collegiate level but he really developed into a caretaker. A quiet leader but came into his own as a senior. Extremely hard working and coaches have nothing but good things to say regarding his intangibles. Is a mild-mannered QB that doesn't seem to get over-excited. Also has become much less volatile in face of pass rush.

(address) http://insider.espn.go.com/nfldraft/draft05/tracker/player?id=8754&univLogin02=stateChanged

So if you skipped that heres what's important. Campbell is a hardworker, a young Qb, and a great intermediate to short passer. BUt his deep ball is inconsistent, and he doesn't have elite arm strenght. He was a projected great second round pick. So after all this do you think we may have another Qb in washington next year? And how well will Campbell play in the conclusion of the 2006 season?

one question... how the $!@% do you know?!?! honestly. the kid hasnt played a single down in a regular season game. if you are a media person and are at all of the redskins practices then thats fine... tell me all you know about how he practices and i would probably take you word for it. but how can you judge a him at this point? im not gonna say anything about his playing ability untill monday. and even then, he young! he will make mistakes. he will make some plays. but as of now its hard to say his "strengths and weaknesses"

Holy crap - people already hating on Campbell. You people are toxic. You don't deserve a winning team.

I'm with you! DAMN, it seems like NOTHING will make some people happy!!! HE hasn't even played ONE game yet and the negative stats start coming in. Just give it a REST, will ya? College and NFL are two different things and until we actually see what he's about just let it alone!

one question... how the $!@% do you know?!?! honestly. the kid hasnt played a single down in a regular season game. if you are a media person and are at all of the redskins practices then thats fine... tell me all you know about how he practices and i would probably take you word for it. but how can you judge a him at this point? im not gonna say anything about his playing ability untill monday. and even then, he young! he will make mistakes. he will make some plays. but as of now its hard to say his "strengths and weaknesses"

damn kid. learn some reading comprehension. he was just quoting the scouting report from espn. all he is doing is asking what you think about the scouting report compared to our expectations.

PPLLEEAASSEE remember this thread concerning JC long ball or anything else concerning his quarterback skills time will tell!! I watched every game his senior year at Auburn no weakness!! Gibbs just didn't want to throw him to the dogs. For all my fellow Redskins fans WE ARE BACK!! Also, Gibbs is BACK.

I dont care if JC is inconsistent with the deep ball.

What did Brunell bring to the table that JC doesn't? JC is mobile and that will drastically help our oline, receiving corp, and running game. This will give our defense some emotion.

He just needs to manage the game.

What did Brunell bring to the table that JC doesn't? JC is mobile and that will drastically help our oline, receiving corp, and running game. This will give our defense some emotion.

My expectations are low, but glad to see Gibbs give the kid a chance.

Not to mention he actually steps up into the pocket. That alone will be a welcome respite from the 15 step drop and then standing back there that Brunell seemed to favor much of the time.

He just needs to manage the game.

True true. Brunell is inconsistent with the long ball. And according to this scouting report (however accurate it may be) Campbell's good with the short stuff. Sounds vaguely familiar... In the long run, the prospects for this kid are bright

That report was written to get his salary demands on initial contract down, no other reason. They knew he was going in the draft and owners don't want to pay anybody huge numbers their first year or two, so it saved us millions that one brilliant bit of verbal bs did.

He has an arm, he can go long and will get longer. He has vision due to height, and will develop just fine especialy with brunell around to help out. Everyone forgets how Kilmer helped helped develop Joe and Doug Williams and how Sonny Jerguson developed him and how Slingin Sammy Baugh developed him.

Also, Campbell doesn't have an elite arm like Brett Favre, Patrick Ramsey and Jeff George. Those are elite, big-time arms.

And in case you haven't noticed... while "elite" arms are nice... it is HARDLY a prerequisite for success. Campbell's arm is more than adequate for the NFL...

Don't forget Peyton. He has a laser-rocket arm. ;)

Archived