Defense Thread

TK

What goin wrong  

68 members have voted

1. 1. What goin wrong

• The D
    • Mark Brunnell
    • The Coaching/Play calling

He makes big hits, he is a mediocre cover man, but his tackling form has gone downhill big time over the course of this season and he is guaranteed for at least 2 unsportsman/personal foul/late hit penalties in every game.

It baffles me that we treat this guy like the best FS in the league when he gives our opponents new sets of downs, blows coverages, and miss easy tackles in every single game.

Adam Archuletta at least makes tackles and doesn't commit stupid penalties. They both are overrated, and until ST can improve his tackling and cut down on his penalties I will consider him a bottom tier safety.

OUTarHeel

He makes big hits, he is a mediocre cover man, but his tackling form have gone downhill big time over the course of this season and he is guaranteed for at least 2 unsportsman/personal foul/late hit penalties in every game.

It baffles me that we treat this guy like the best FS in the league when he gives our opponents new sets of downs, blows coverages, and miss easy tackles in every single game.

Adam Archuletta at least makes tackles and doesn't commit stupid penalties. They both are overrated, and until ST can improve his tackling and cut down on his penalties I will consider him a bottom tier safety.

OUTarHeel

Get lost guy! :doh:

How many times must we watch the DBs back-pedal before the snap of the ball, or begin by positioning themselves well beyond the 1st down marker, hoping they might arrive (NOT!) to break up a pass? Most of the time, it's 3rd down, the oponent needs a quick-hitter and we don't try to chuck the receiver to disrupt the timing of the pattern, or give the line/blitz a chance to get in the QB's face. No wonder our defense is ranked 30th in the league - we can't stop anybody!

Any defensive guru's want to explain why the hell we give receivers a 10yd cushion? Why are we not jamming the receiver off the line? Why do we continue to allow them to run free all over the freaking field.

This crap is seriously making me sick to my Fing stomach. My Dad's probably rolling over in his grave right now after such a pathetic display of football by the team he loved. I'm just freaking sick!

Any defensive guru's want to explain why the hell we give receivers a 10yd cushion? Why are we not jamming the receiver off the line? Why do we continue to allow them to run free all over the freaking field.

This crap is seriously making me sick to my Fing stomach. My Dad's probably rolling over in his grave right now after such a pathetic display of football by the team he loved. I'm just freaking sick!

The DB's jam the recievers at the line of scrimmage and get beat, how comfortable are you with Taylor having to cover a WR. Before that it would have been Archuletta or Taylor

The DB's jam the recievers at the line of scrimmage and get beat, how comfortable are you with Taylor having to cover a WR. Before that it would have been Archuletta or Taylor

Because giving them a ten yard cushion seems to be pretty damn effective. :doh: Damned if you do, damned if you don't I guess. With our #1 and #2 CB's healthy and we're still giving a ten yard cushion we must be in pretty sad shape. I honestly don't know what else to say.

Funny how people said the reason we didn't resign Pierce after his great 04 season was because we didn't want to pay him money comparable to Washington because Washington was better but then we go out and sign a 1 dimentional DE and S for more than anyone else at the same position.

Actually I think Carter and Archuleta are our highest paid defensive players now, right?

Who made those decisions and can I have his job? Or could they just give the job to a randomly picked poster from a Redskins fan site?

I'm sure that this has been said a thousand times above, but our tackeling was just terrible yesterday! In my opinion, this demonstrates that the D doesn't care. There's no focus and attention to detail. They're just going throught he motions, making an initial hit with no care what happens after. Also, once one player makes an initial hit our entire D just stops. No swarming, no support. Thus, if the initial tackeler doesn't get the job done, there no one there. Pathetic!

I wasn't hopeful coming into this game (don't get me started on the offense), but I certainly thought the D wouldn't be such a sieve.

HTTR!

Archived