Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Sniff...sniff...I smell upset...

tr1

Never seen you like this goal....must be pissed off.....hey, look at it this way, Campbell will be playing sooner than later so you guys get to see the future....

I am pissed. That was an eminently winnable game. And we couldn't even get close. How many freakin' times do we have to see Brunell check down to his RBs before they pull him? Jesus!

We make defenses look incredible by not taking any shots down the field. You all had a good defensive plan, and executed it well, particularly when it became evident that you could play a red zone defense no matter where we were on the field.

In all seriousness, congrats to you. You played well. I just am sick to my stomach anticipating WB masturbatory fantasies about how awesome Philly is. You guys look average. The good news is, average should get you to the playoffs, and maybe even advancing a round.

Are you kidding me? I won't make any excuses like that, nor will I admit you ran the ball well. Again, go back to 1st and goal on the 2. You have no power back. WB is really more of WR than a RB. You can make it work against sorry or even average teams. It WILL come back and bite you in the playoffs, should you make it that far.
Dude give it up. Westbrook: 22 rushes for 113 yards. That's 5.1 YPC. He had his way with your D.

I am pissed. That was an eminently winnable game. And we couldn't even get close. How many freakin' times do we have to see Brunell check down to his RBs before they pull him? Jesus!

We make defenses look incredible by not taking any shots down the field. You all had a good defensive plan, and executed it well, particularly when it became evident that you could play a red zone defense no matter where we were on the field.

In all seriousness, congrats to you. You played well. I just am sick to my stomach anticipating WB masturbatory fantasies about how awesome Philly is. You guys look average. The good news is, average should get you to the playoffs, and maybe even advancing a round.

That's my friend talking.....we could break the X's and O's down all night, but in the end, it's only a game....and regardless of the outcome, you are a classy dude and will always be in my book....

Any word on Deelishis's "boyfriend"?

Dude give it up. Westbrook: 22 rushes for 113 yards. That's 5.1 YPC. He had his way with your D.

Dude. WB is not a power back. He's not even a particularly good RB. He is a hell of a hybrid WR/RB. Again, we made him look very very good.

Let's look at it this way. Do you remember the NY Giants game? The one where you put up a ton of points in the first half, then choked away the game late? Your offense gave us so many chances today to do just that in the second quarter, as well as the second half. If we had an offense capable of capitalizing on good or decent field position, we would have been in that game. I'm not saying we would have won it, but it would have been much closer.

The lack of running game is going to kill you eventually. Mark it down, set up a sig bet, whatever. I am telling you that you have no running game, and it will be the end of your season at some point.

If Westbrook isn't going to get credit after this game he never will.

5 yards a carry, a few big receptions, over 100 yards rushing, grinded the clock out at the end of the game, made Sean Taylor look silly on on one.

top 10 RB in the league. No question.

Top 10? If I want a pure RB, I can list 10-15 guys I would want instead of him.

You know what would have worked perfectly for you guys today? To get up big with WB, and then run the clock out with a guy like Duckett. A big guy could have been used early and often. I mean, seriously, once you had 17 on us, was there any serious thought that we were gonna come back? Run the clock out...

Top 10? If I want a pure RB, I can list 10-15 guys I would want instead of him.

You know what would have worked perfectly for you guys today? To get up big with WB, and then run the clock out with a guy like Duckett. A big guy could have been used early and often. I mean, seriously, once you had 17 on us, was there any serious thought that we were gonna come back? Run the clock out...

That's exactly what happened. I have no idea what you're talking about.

We ran 9:00 off the clock at the end of the game with Westbrook running right at the Skins defense.

Dude. WB is not a power back. He's not even a particularly good RB. He is a hell of a hybrid WR/RB. Again, we made him look very very good.

Let's look at it this way. Do you remember the NY Giants game? The one where you put up a ton of points in the first half, then choked away the game late? Your offense gave us so many chances today to do just that in the second quarter, as well as the second half. If we had an offense capable of capitalizing on good or decent field position, we would have been in that game. I'm not saying we would have won it, but it would have been much closer.

The lack of running game is going to kill you eventually. Mark it down, set up a sig bet, whatever. I am telling you that you have no running game, and it will be the end of your season at some point.

No, Westbrook does a pretty good job of that himself. At least give him some credit. True, he's not your prototypical RB, I know that. However, I sure as hell love having the little guy on my team. I truly believe that he is a top 10 weapon in this league.

No, Westbrook does a pretty good job of that himself. At least give him some credit. True, he's not your prototypical RB, I know that. However, I sure as hell love having the little guy on my team. I truly believe that he is a top 10 weapon in this league.

Agreed! MAN LAW!

yeah okay whatever......

the eagles where losing the time of possesion by a huge margin, where 4-11 on thrid downs, McNabb was throwing for like 33% completions... and couldn't score a TD with first and goal at the one

all thgree touchdowns came on plays where nothing normal happened

no one covered Stallworth (broken Coverage)

Brown fumbled the pas... right to Buckhalter in stride

and Brunell threw a gimme TD INT, first time in the third quarter in 15 games he has thrown an int., only his 4th INT of the season

not top mention how many time the Skins got inside Philly's 35 only to self destruct, a missed FG, and losing Portis with a broken hand, yet we still had almost 150 yards rushing by the 4th

I know The Eagles planned it that way

I know the Skins lost , and I know there is no excuses that they lost... but to say that Philly did anything special to score those three TD's on 3 plays is a stretch... and trying to spin it as total domination or a butt whoppin is false

enjoy the win, the eagles earned it... but don't exaggerate the facts

The facts are we had 370 total yards of offense, 145 on the ground, and dominated the game in the 2nd half. You can feel great about having a 2-1 time of possession advantage in the first half all you want but you should feel 10 times worse when you realize the Eagles won the time of possession at the end of the game. We controlled the 2nd half with good, smart passing and physical running.

That wasn't a broken coverage on the Stallworth TD, either, it was a great move and play action fake. A blown coverage is not being where you're supposed to be on a play. Sean Taylor was where he was supposed to be, he just got burned by the great play fake by McNabb and the good route running by Stallworth. In other words, he got abused by a great play design and execution.

I guess the Brunell INT had nothing to do with Shawn Barber being right in his face about to plant him to the turf, did it? Nope, that was all on Brunell, nothing the Eagles did to force it.

Brunell was throwing off his back foot fading away all day because the Eagles pressured him so much.

Oh, and to your other point about the no intentional grounding call on McNAbb. If you would've listened to the ref you would've known why no intentional grounding was called. He was outside of the pocket and threw it past the LOS, thus, no intentional grounding can be called.

27-3, killing the 'skins season, dominating them, give the Eagles credit.

not to say that the Iggs played flawless ball today because they didn't but they earned this win.

no one covered Stallworth (broken Coverage)

and Brunell threw a gimme TD INT, first time in the third quarter in 15 games he has thrown an int., only his 4th INT of the season

When interviewed during post game, Stallworth said that it was designed that way. To paraphrase... they new that he plays as aggressive as he does so the double fake he pulled would work... and it did.

It wasn't a gimme TD Sheldon just got done saying that he was playing his man not looking for the ball, he turned to look for it and it was in his hands.

Just letting you know our players side.

I know the Skins lost , and I know there is no excuses that they lost... but to say that Philly did anything special to score those three TD's on 3 plays is a stretch... and trying to spin it as total domination or a butt whoppin is false

enjoy the win, the eagles earned it... but don't exaggerate the facts

Really, because you just named about five.

goaldeje, you sound like a little baby right now. Seriously, grow up.

Did the Eagles play a great game? No.

Did they play good in bad weather and dominate the Skins? Yes.

You can spin it all day long as to what we would do against these other mythical opponents (I predicted we would come to this day) but you denying what happened TODAY is just pitiful.

WB ran all over your defense. He averages over 5 ypc for the season.

Just because we didn't score from the 1 doesn't take anything away from him. Look at the play selections and how many times he got the ball down there.

You guys are full of excuses. I love hearing Bubba say how "no one covered Stallworth" when he clearly burnt Taylor. I love how the Buck play was pure luck even though he ran over Taylor like he was his personal *****. I love how an interception return for a TD against a QB who doesn't make mistakes like that is now luck.

You guys are sore losers. I'm not even going to talk **** about this game. I'm going to let your parade of excuses speak for themselves.

Poor display, gentlemen. Poor display.

No, the Eagles did not run the ball well. When you have a bad call that sets up first and goal from the 2, and you can't run it in, you have a bad running game. In the 4th, mercifully, you were able to start running the clock out some. But before the 4th, completely incapable. .

When you score quickly with big plays the TOP is a bit misleading...

The Eagles inability to not run some clock off had to do with two things, two quick strike TD's, and a tough 1st half throwing the ball.

First half rushing stats...

Westbrook 9 carries 54 yards

Buckhalter 2 carries 9 yards

McNabb 1 carry 11 yards

Total........12 carries 74 yards...6.2 ypc.

Running game was successful in the 1st half as those stats show. Drives weren't extended due to the passing game struggling.

The second half the running game actually wasn't as effective...only 3.5 ypc. But, the passing game was much better, helping extending the drives.

So the run game did it's part in all 4 quarters as far as running well and keeping the clock moving. It was the 4-16 from Donovan as the big reason why TOP was so lopsided early on, not because the Eagles couldn't run.

But don't let facts get in the way of a good bashing... :cheers:

Theo, you don't understand. What you are seeing is pure frustration.

goaldeje was part of the super-confident hate brigade who would shout down ANYONE who would even suggest the Skins might not be the best team in the East in 2006.

Him, Bubba, and tr1 were the most memorable. It's funny now to watch them squirm and try to explain it all way.

No, the 27-3 win was not really a good win. It was all luck along with smoke and mirrors. :cheers:

goaldeje was part of the super-confident hate brigade who would shout down ANYONE who would even suggest the Skins might not be the best team in the East in 2006.

Him, jrockster, Bubba, and tr1 were the most memorable. It's funny now to watch them squirm and try to explain it all way.

No, the 27-3 win was not really a good win. It was all luck along with smoke and mirrors. :cheers:

When neither team makes the playoffs does it really matter?

That's all you have to hope for, Fred Jones.

Do me a favor and look at the current NFC Standings. Chicago has one loss, and going to win their division.

Other than that, all the teams in playoff contention have 3 or 4 losses. If the season ended today, the Eagles would be the top wildcard.

The NFC looks horrible right now.

I know it hurts. You were a part of the group who would shout anyone down with a differing viewpoint back in March. You guys are the only Skins fans on this site that I enjoy seeing in pain as another year gets away.

When neither team makes the playoffs does it really matter?

Hmmm, best question so far...

Him, jrockster, Bubba, and tr1 were the most memorable. It's funny now to watch them squirm and try to explain it all way.

I am frustrated. Damned frustrated. THe Skins stink, and they are much worse than I thought they would be. What compounds the frustration this particular weekend is the fact that I knew you would be positively orgasmic over Philly's win despite the fact that Philly has obvious and clear problems that will prevent them from going anywhere in the playoffs, if they are fortunate enough to make it that far.

Instead of you understanding that had the Eagles played an even remotely quality opponent, not only would the game have been closer, much closer, but the outcome would have been in doubt.

Let me put it this way: based on what I've seen of the Skins, we are bottom 7 team in the NFL this season. We have the potential to be in the top 15, but are so wildly inconsistent to the point where that goal is a pipe-dream. However, based on the 3-4 games I've watched, the Eagles are better, but don't delude yourself into thinking they are a top 5 team. I would be hard pressed to put them in the top 10, and really think 12-15 is more reasonable. But you won't hear that, will you? Nor will you believe it. Let's face it, I had the Skins at 4-5 right now. I'm not that far off, really. I had the Eagles 7-2. Whoops. You have lost several games you had no business losing. ANd making the playoffs from where you are now is going to be difficult.

But keep thinking all is good. It will make the crash and burn all the more fun...

That's all you have to hope for, Fred Jones.

Do me a favor and look at the current NFC Standings. Chicago has one loss, and going to win their division.

Other than that, all the teams in playoff contention have 3 or 4 losses. If the season ended today, the Eagles would be the top wildcard.

The NFC looks horrible right now.

I know it hurts. You were a part of the group who would shout anyone down with a differing viewpoint back in March. You guys are the only Skins fans on this site that I enjoy seeing in pain as another year gets away.

I don't come on here many times and spread the talk like the posters you called out in your previous post. However, please prove me wrong. It is obvious the skins are done. The Birds still has to play in pukeland, in skinsland and Indy just to name three games. I am not making predictions on the skins game because the skins have not demonstrated they can win, but ask the pukes about coming to FedEx.

Unfortunately, the rest of the NFC is making it easy on the Eagles so I could be proven wrong, but let's see come Jan 1.

Let me put it this way: based on what I've seen of the Skins, we are bottom 7 team in the NFL this season. We have the potential to be in the top 15, but are so wildly inconsistent to the point where that goal is a pipe-dream. However, based on the 3-4 games I've watched, the Eagles are better, but don't delude yourself into thinking they are a top 5 team. I would be hard pressed to put them in the top 10, and really think 12-15 is more reasonable. But you won't hear that, will you? Nor will you believe it. Let's face it, I had the Skins at 4-5 right now. I'm not that far off, really. I had the Eagles 7-2. Whoops. You have lost several games you had no business losing. ANd making the playoffs from where you are now is going to be difficult.

But keep thinking all is good. It will make the crash and burn all the more fun...

Eagles are no better than a top 10 team right now. I readily admit it. Thing is, the top 7 or so teams are in the AFC. I know the Eagles can make the playoffs.

Here is the kicker. I think the Eagles have the potential to be a top five team in the NFL. Nothing guarantees that they will or even come close.

You are trying to take a snapshot in time and address the potential for the future based only off of what we know now.

The Pats in 2001 and the Ravens in 2000 were both 5-4 after 9 games. The Steelers were probably the 5th or 6th best team in the league last year and they won the SB.

I'll take my chances for the rest of the year. What choice do I have?

goaldeje was part of the super-confident hate brigade who would shout down

No, the 27-3 win was not really a good win. It was all luck along with smoke and mirrors.

Anyone who actually knows the rosters, coaches and plays etc.... pretty much know that they did not have a strong offense last year and this year is no different. Sure we have some of the best players in the league, but how can you execute with a used up Brunell and a lost defense?

You know who is really responsible for them going 10-6 last year? I know it's obvious. It was their defense and they lost quite a few key players so right then I knew it was going down hill. Then you got the heroic Clinton Portis who made it in his best interest to stop a preseason touchdown.

I have to give the Eagles their props. The weather was just as nasty for them and you could tell that they were on a mission. Mcnabb has some of the best techniques that I have seen from someone that actually wants to win. Check out the Handoffs and fake handoffs that he executes. They look no different and will completely fool most opponents.

Then look at Brunell doing the same thing. I'll be sitting at home and be like. Oh damn they are going to run again. Their formation shows it and Brunnel does a horrible job of selling it. There is one thing that I would suggest to them. Let Santana Moss do What Randle EL is doing for awhile and just alternate the two or run two trick routes to keep them both there at the same time. Get James Thrash involved more.

I can tell that he actually wants to play and goes out of his way to get that ball while going out of his way to protect it. It doesn't seem like he is afraid of taking a hit either so hell yeah I would put him in more. Remember when Thrash was sent to the eagles? He looked a lot better there because they actually gave him a chance.

The picture speaks for itself. I feel sorry for Thrash. He has been playing for 10yrs and every time he goes to the Redskins they dont even acknowledge him except for big special teams plays. The numbers show a big difference.

Archived