Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

AP: Webb wins Virginia

G.A.C.O.L.B.

Well I guess it's closer to official now then before.

http://www.breitbart.com/news/2006/11/08/D8L98BDO1.html

I hope Allen just concedes so we can move on and move forward. He's a big dumb bully so I doubt it. Otherwise they're saying this thing could be dragged out for eight weeks.

Here's an update on the original link explaining how they came to the decision to call Va for Webb.

http://www.breitbart.com/news/2006/11/08/D8L98GMG0.html

Now we're talking. The minute I was told Jim was going to run I knew he was a perfect candidate for Virginia. He'll be fine as a senator. But he won't be cuddly sweet. He won't be afraid to stand up to people. Actually he'll thrive on that. This is going to be fun to watch.

Allen got what he deserved.

There is no way Allen is picking up more than 7,000 votes in a recount and Webb is picking up zero.

I think the rule is, if the difference is under half a percent, the commonwealth recounts for free. Over that and the candidate has to pay if he wants a recount. Either way, Allen ain't gonna conceed. What does he have to gain from a concession?

edit: just saw your other posts. Shows what I know. :silly:

Wanna bet?

I don't think Allen will do a recount with Webb up by 7K right now.

This is the right thing to do, and would help him with his next political challenge. We have not seen the last of George Allen. It was hard for many republicans to win last night even the ones that did a good job.

I think the rule is, if the difference is under half a percent, the commonwealth recounts for free. Over that and the candidate has to pay if he wants a recount. Either way, Allen ain't gonna conceed. What does he have to gain from a concession?

Not him personally. The rest of the Republicans want him to concede so they don't look like whiners (the way they so successfully labelled the Demos of being whiners after the squabbles over the 2000 and 2004 elections).

If they are sure they are going to lose, they want to look statesmanlike.

Not him personally. The rest of the Republicans want him to concede so they don't look like whiners (the way they so successfully labelled the Demos of being whiners after the squabbles over the 2000 and 2004 elections).

If they are sure they are going to lose, they want to look statesmanlike.

Yeah I think you're right. I didn't really think that through before I posted. :dunce:

Note: Virginia will not officially certify the election results for at least two weeks.

I'm not sure this AP story means anything.

From what I'd heard, the official certification occurs on the 27th. It would have been the same of the vote was 60-40.

(What I'd also heard was that recounts can't even be requested untill that date.)

now NBC news has declared Webb the winner and that a concession speech from Allen could come as early as tomorrow morning. A spokesman for Allen said that unless the margin goes down Allen would be disinclined to request a recount. Good stuff.

As opposed to dragging the process through the mud, filing a law suit, attempting to have the counting procedure changed and then counting everything yet again, appealing the decision if he doesn't get the desired result, and still complaining after he's tried to steal the election in every conceivable way?

This, my friends, is what is known as "class." :)

In order to exhibit class, you need to have some to begin with. Macakawitz lost that a long time ago :laugh:

Right. And let me follow you around with a camera and see how long it takes you to say something stupid....

Errrr....Wait....I didn't have the camera on yet!

j/k chom :cheers:

You guys won this thing fair and square. Now fix this isht, will ya?

Right. And let me follow you around with a camera and see how long it takes you to say something stupid....

Errrr....Wait....I didn't have the camera on yet!

j/k chom :cheers:

You guys won this thing fair and square. Now fix this isht, will ya?

I hope to hell they do fix this stuff, Rummy is gone, and we can get some oversight into the situation, oversight that was much needed. I hope to hell they can institute some changes, and I hope they practice what they preach, the country is counting on them.

HogHon, we've been through this before. EVERY candidate is followed around on campaigns by the opposition. They are all filming each other. Stop making it sound as though Allen was some victim of harassment. He was not. He was just a nasty jerk. And a stupid one at that. A grown man - a United States Senator - going after some young kid with a camera. Please.

Of course, he'll concede. Maybe he'll leave the stage with a universal, arrogant insult to the rest of the world like Rumsfeld did. These are mean spirited men, there is not a gracious bone in their bodies.

HogHon, we've been through this before. EVERY candidate is followed around on campaigns by the opposition. They are all filming each other. Stop making it sound as though Allen was some victim of harassment. He was not. He was just a nasty jerk. And a stupid one at that. A grown man - a United States Senator - going after some young kid with a camera. Please.

Of course, he'll concede. Maybe he'll leave the stage with a universal, arrogant insult to the rest of the world like Rumsfeld did. These are mean spirited men, there is not a gracious bone in their bodies.

So sad to be so bitter in victory. Ahhh well....

Maybe it'd have been better had he vowed to make Virginia a vanilla state?

So sad to be so bitter in victory. Ahhh well....

Maybe it'd have been better had he vowed to make Virginia a vanilla state?

Bitter? Bitter? I am deleriously happy. Almost giddy. But yours is a typical male insulting response to a female. She must be "bitter."

The vanilla part - I have no idea WHAT you are talking about. Does it have something to do with ice cream?

Archived