Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Numbers Say we Run the Table

Uno Boss

Aside from Atlanta and the Giants the teams on our schedule are among the worst against the run.

Saunders showed that he will comtinue to run the ball even to a fault a few times this past sunday.

Philly-117 pg

Tampa- 133 pg

Carolina -120

Atlanta- only 98

St louis- 141 pg

New Orleans- 115 pg

So im callin it well run the table literally....:cheers::point2sky:eaglesuck

More relevant stat... only Tampa Bay has a losing record...

Our running game hasn't done crap most of the season. It's back to Clinton Portis running into walls on first and second down and Mark "Can't hit the broadside of a barn" Brunell being "super-smart" by rolling out and throwing the ball out of bounds on third down. I'm exaggerating but we can't run the table with that stuff against mostly strong teams.

an even more relevant stat would be to look at those teams passing games....

McNabb, Brees, and Bulger are doing their best Peyton Manning impersonations this year...

and in case you didnt notice this guy named Michael Vick appears to have learned that its ok to throw the ball to receivers instead of running down the field and handing it to them....

yeah, and that steve smith guy, he's pretty good, if you like wide receivers, lightning fast, great hands, not scared of anything....

we can run the ball against those teams all day, but 4 of those games are against teams that throw the ball all the live long day on GOOD secondaries...

what do you think Drew Brees is going to do to the Redskins if he can throw for 300 yards against teams like Atlanta, Tampa, Carolina, and Philly?

And almost 400 yards against the Ravens....i think ive heard of their defense...

good observation...but...i thought we played some of the worst run defensive teams...at the time we played them...i.e. TENN and IND...and they both stopped us...

Against Tennessee not running more was inexcusable, particularly as Haynesworth was out.

Against Indianapolis Portis got dinged...and also Manning hit us for 3 TDs early in the 3rd so that kind of negated the ground game altogether.

More relevant stat... only Tampa Bay has a losing record...

Our running game hasn't done crap most of the season. It's back to Clinton Portis running into walls on first and second down and Mark "Can't hit the broadside of a barn" Brunell being "super-smart" by rolling out and throwing the ball out of bounds on third down. I'm exaggerating but we can't run the table with that stuff against mostly strong teams.

Yeah our running games is only 8th in the league out of 32 teams...with 22 less carries than the team who is number 2... but only has 23 less yards per game.:rolleyes:

an even more relevant stat would be to look at those teams passing games....

McNabb, Brees, and Bulger are doing their best Peyton Manning impersonations this year...

and in case you didnt notice this guy named Michael Vick appears to have learned that its ok to throw the ball to receivers instead of running down the field and handing it to them....

yeah, and that steve smith guy, he's pretty good, if you like wide receivers, lightning fast, great hands, not scared of anything....

we can run the ball against those teams all day, but 4 of those games are against teams that throw the ball all the live long day on GOOD secondaries...

what do you think Drew Brees is going to do to the Redskins if he can throw for 300 yards against teams like Atlanta, Tampa, Carolina, and Philly?

And almost 400 yards against the Ravens....i think ive heard of their defense...

Winner Winner, chicken Dinner. I'm with you.

No because i believe the more this D plays together the more they'll belike last year...We hvae only been healthy for one game and despite romos "passer rating sunday" dalls lose the game and would have lost by more if not for a few plays in the red zone..

Passer rating doesnt mean jack **** to me...I hate that stat with a passion

Because our poor QB had a 102 rating this sunday and has the 8th best rating in the league... better than Tom Brady,Eli manning, Grossman and many others who have out played him.

Mark my words...

No because i believe the more this D plays together the more they'll belike last year...We hvae only been healthy for one game and despite romos "passer rating sunday" dalls lose the game and would have lost by more if not for a few plays in the red zone..

Passer rating doesnt mean jack **** to me...I hate that stat with a passion

Because our poor QB had a 102 rating this sunday and has the 8th best rating in the league... better than Tom Brady,Eli manning, Grossman and many others who have out played him.

Mark my words...

If you watch the games you'll see those opposing QBs aren't just throwing the Brunell garden variety 3 yrd screens and dump offs. They're going vertical. The Skins have given up more long pass plays (over 30 yrds) then any other defense this year. And TO dropped two where he was wide open on Sunday. The Vikings dropped a few in the opener. Vincent and Springs were getting beat too on Sunday, so you can't say it's because they weren't here early on.

If you watch the games you'll see those opposing QBs aren't just throwing the Brunell garden variety 3 yrd screens and dump offs. They're going vertical. The Skins have given up more long pass plays (over 30 yrds) then any other defense this year. And TO dropped two where he was wide open on Sunday. The Vikings dropped a few in the opener. Vincent and Springs were getting beat too on Sunday, so you can't say it's because they weren't here early on.

Basicly what i was saying is like the Washington Post.

"if you dont get it you dont get"

Aside from Atlanta and the Giants the teams on our schedule are among the worst against the run.

Saunders showed that he will comtinue to run the ball even to a fault a few times this past sunday.

Philly-117 pg

Tampa- 133 pg

Carolina -120

Atlanta- only 98

St louis- 141 pg

New Orleans- 115 pg

Thats asking a lot. Tampa is the only "bad" team on that list. Philly is definitely capable of beating the Skins as is St. Louis. The rest of those teams I would say are flat out better than the Skins.

But . . . :eaglesuck

Philly-117 pg

Tampa- 133 pg

Carolina -120

Atlanta- only 98

St louis- 141 pg

New Orleans- 115 pg

WTF?

We played the Giants, Titans, and Colts and lost all 3 and all 3 of those teams had worse run defenses at the time we played them than any team we play the rest of the season. The problem is that this offense either can't run the ball consistently or don't even try in some games.

Archived