Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

If the Redskins were to replay one game this year..

Eagles_Legendz

I think I would have to say GB. We were just a few overthrown balls from being in that game. I doubt MAtthews or even Ramsey would fumble that many times again. What a great lift it would have been to beat the best team in the NFC in the frozen tundra.

I think only the Philly game was out of reach.

While I enjoy reading the Eagles board, you have two extremes-- the eagles fans who will only see the best, and not accept any negatives whatsoever, and the people who come to the board just to piss those people off. Combinging those two isn't a pretty picture to say the least. Here for the most part, I can see 'generally' unbiased opinions, although I know most are somewhat biased due to the fact that we are division rivals.

The Cheeseheads, without a doubt!!!

Man that game was lost by us, 5 times, that's how much we were set up to lay it on em' man.

Those cats couldn't even get anywhere and were looking at pushing up daisies by the 3rd QTR, but somehow, we came undone, like bad gift wrapping. Speaking of gift wrapping, the SF games was more of the same as was NO.

Philly just outplayed and whipped our a**. That's just a fact. We owe you one :) .

I think Eagles_Legendz's question is future-oriented -- whom do we think we would have the best chance to beat if we were to wipe out the prior game entirely and play them, say, this Sunday. How we actually fared against those teams earlier this season -- and whether we could have realistically won those particular games in an only slightly altered universe -- is only somewhat relevant to his question.

Gotta give an intelligent and unbiased Eagles fan some props; he's a "rare avis" (a lousy joke for all you Latin fans out there). Extremeskins is, in fact, the best football discussion board; fortunately for us, it also is focused on the best team in football, whatever the "standings" and "pundits" and "reality" have to say.

To answer the question, I think we'd have a reasonable shot with any of those games if a) Davis were healthy, and maybe B) we waited a few games until Johnson and Jackson are in shape and sync, and the defense has adapted further to Lewis's scheme.

Romberjo:

Gotta give an intelligent and unbiased Eagles fan some props; he's a "rare avis" (a lousy joke for all you Latin fans out there). Extremeskins is, in fact, the best football discussion board; fortunately for us, it also is focused on the best team in football, whatever the "standings" and "pundits" and "reality" have to say.

Despite the fancy grammer and latin referance, all of which I respect by the way, we are NOT the best team in football. If you mean have the best colors and most interesting sidebars, that I'll buy.

As for the original question, posted by the first respectful, honest Eagles fan I have heard, I would have to agree with him that the 49ers where there for the taking. We should have won that one.

Clearly, our team is getting better. Could we now beat all those teams we lost to? Na. But we sure wouldn't be 3-4...

lol thanks guys. Yeah, what I was shooting at with the question (I just phrased it poorly) was if you could play any of those teams again tommorrow, which would it be. For some reason I just don't buy into the whole SF thing up there. They have been very unimpressive to me. They have weapons, dont get me wrong, and I have them beating the Eagles later this year, but I really do think you guys can beat them. Actually, I think you could beat any of those four teams. You could also lose all four, but no team in the NFL can be considered dominant. Jackson will help. I think Gardner will come on, although I cut him in favor of Galloway on my fantasy team :silly: If Jackson reverts to his previous form, in addition to Thompson and Gardner, you could have a very potent offense. I know I'm in the minority here, but I like Stephen Davis. He's killed the Eagles so many times in the past. What do you guys think of Trotter so far? Barber for us has actually been one of our defensive MVP's this year, along with Dawkins and Walker.

i'd take NO tomorrow. we gave them the game numerous times.

as for trotter, he is playing as expected so far. he was behind the learning curve (along with the rest of the D) but is coming on pretty strong. he had a great game vs the colts, and i see game by game improvement. i've never had doubts that the lb and cb corps would come together, and i'm glad that time is coming sooner rather than later (if it hasn't already happened).

The biggest reason we need to keep Davis - if he goes to the Eagles, he will be the missing piece you need to go all the way (this is where I wish our board had an :eek: smiley)

I don't know if we'll squeeze into the last playoff spot this year, but I think by the end of the season we will be one of the best teams in the NFC - our D just needs to finally and completely come together.

I really wish our Front Office would follow Philly's example and re-sign guys while they still have a couple years left on their contracts. We should have locked up Jansen after 2000.

The only weakness I see in Philly's FO is you guys don't seem to have much luck drafting a decent WR or RB. Maybe Buckhalter could've done it for you if he'd stayed healthy, but I dunno. Freeman was a smart pickup, though. But if, for example, you guys had drafted Chris Chambers or Anthony Thomas, your O would be much more dangerous.

I'm curious on your perspective on the following - I've always thought McNabb would be even more explosive in a vertical passing game like Minnesota's, instead of the usual WCO? Any thoughts?

Originally posted by riggo-toni

The biggest reason we need to keep Davis - if he goes to the Eagles, he will be the missing piece you need to go all the way (this is where I wish our board had an :eek: smiley)

I don't know if we'll squeeze into the last playoff spot this year, but I think by the end of the season we will be one of the best teams in the NFC - our D just needs to finally and completely come together.

I really wish our Front Office would follow Philly's example and re-sign guys while they still have a couple years left on their contracts. We should have locked up Jansen after 2000.

The only weakness I see in Philly's FO is you guys don't seem to have much luck drafting a decent WR or RB. Maybe Buckhalter could've done it for you if he'd stayed healthy, but I dunno. Freeman was a smart pickup, though. But if, for example, you guys had drafted Chris Chambers or Anthony Thomas, your O would be much more dangerous.

I'm curious on your perspective on the following - I've always thought McNabb would be even more explosive in a vertical passing game like Minnesota's, instead of the usual WCO? Any thoughts?

First, addressing Davis: I love how he plays (except the fumbles :doh: ) but he will not end up in silver and green next year. Buckhalter is recovering, Duce is looking like he's in pre injury form, and Westbrook is here now. There just isn't room for Davis, and frankly it would be wasting some of our salary cap $$ that we need to resign Dawkins. Our RB position I was much more worried about before the last three games. Staley has played well all year as a pass catching runner, but he is running hard and cutting well. He was supposedly one of the league's up and coming RB's, the MVP of the Eagles before he got hurt, and it seems like he's finally recovered. Freddie Mithcel looks like a bust so far, but I like Pinkston, and although he isn't amazing or a game breaker, he seems to be coming into his own this year, and developing a good chemisty with McNabb. Freeman was a nice pickup although McNabb hasnt gone to him the last two weeks. Finally, the reason that we didn't run something similar to Min.'s offense when Reid got here was for two reasons: 1) Reid is a disciple of Holgrem. I got the feeling he was goign to run the WCO no matter the outcome for a few years. 2) When McNabb was drafted, and the following year when the Eagles made it to the 2nd rd of the playoffs, our WR's were Torrance Small and Charles Johnson :doh: not exactly the idea receivers to run that type of O. McNabb is starting to grasp the WCO now though, and we are opening it up more, and he is finally starting to have weapons. Staley is averaging 4.8 YPC and is on pace for around 1200 yards, and if he keeps that up, it would REALLY help the eagles and take the burden off of McNabb. About the skins, I do see them challenging for the final spot in the playoffs. They are the second best team in the East and I see them fighting with Atlanta for the last WC spot, with Atlanta most likely prevailing due to an easy schedule.

The Saints have absolutely no defense. You give me Shane Matthews and a fresh start and I'll take that game, at home, without a worry in the world. Green Bay in Green Bay is just tough. Philly is a team that I'm very much looking forward to later in the year. If we are able to build any confidence and stay in the thing, that could be a very important game for us and given how we have split the last several years, I'd be happy to take you on under those circumstances. Of course, if Ramsey is playing and we're out of it, I'd rather not :).

RT,

I fully realize Matthews has not been all that good against the Eagles. I also fully realize we beat the Eagles last year with Tony Banks and a 12 of 18 for 95 yard passing effort. I don't suspect you'll see Spurrier go to 45 runs in that type of game, but, I don't disagree with you that to beat the Eagles we may have to alter our plan to something similar.

It has to be GB. Had we had a QB in there that was used 40 degree weather -- IT WASN'T EVEN FREEZING FOR CRYING OUT LOUD -- we might've won that ballgame. There were some wide open receivers in the endzone. And Patrick was terrible overthrowing them.

Great post! I was thinking about this the other day...

Archived