Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Can someone explain to me............

GIBBS LIVES

noone knows , he must not like church or something i thought for sure with no moss he would be active and get in there , and after we pouned portis 379 times and get stuffed 379 times in one goalline series then we would at least TRY something else lol but who knows

I said the same thing after that drive.

Its got to be political. They are not tryin to pay him a extra dime! Dont want him to meet incentive bonus' for touchdowns or somethin. Its not a far fetched theory. I have friends that have played in the league, and they tell me it happens a lot.

you know, i keep forgetting we even have him but he would have been ideal in that situation

You and me both. I honestly forgot he was on the team until I read this thread. I feel bad for the guy. He is too good of a player to be rotting on the sidelines. He has to be pissed, its his contract year and he isn't getting to show off his skills to anyone.

Clinton is a great back and I love is heart, but a 260lb Duckett isn't something that we should be wasting. Especially after we've just gotten stuffed several times at the goal line. Roy Williams would probably have a broke back after trying to lay the wood to Duckett at the goal line.:2cents:

So, what is the deal? I like that we went out and secured a starting calibur RB in case Portis' injury was serious but I don't like the fact that we gave up a 3rd round pick for him. I would not be as critical if we would at least rotate him in on short yardage situations. I thought that was the reason given by the coaching staff earlier in the season.... that Duckett was reserved for goal line packages and we just had not been in that situation...

So are we just going to let him bolt after this season? Is it unheard of to think that we can trade him or Betts?

What realistic options do we have?

At the very least I was surprised they didn't run Sellers in there. They ran him a few times in other positions, but it'd be confident he could pound it in down there like Duckett could.

I agree, I think Sellers at 6'3" 280lbs would be a great option on the one yard line. The guy has a ton of power!!

Archived