Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Defense Thread

TK

I once believed that it was totally on our offense that we were not winning because they couldn't put up points, but now i see its the fact that our defense is 26th in the nfl and that they can't create turnovers. I don't want to say it but Romo sits to pee is better than Bledsoe and Parcells pulled one out of his ass. I just can't believe that in 2004 our defense was 3rd and in 2005 our defense was 9th and this year we can't even get into the top 20. We can't stop the run and even with our starting dbs we can't stop the pass either, when will they step up? When they show Williams on the screen my stomach just cringes knowing that he obviously hasn't done jis job this year. We need some help from a power greater than Gibbs. Some are as relgious to him as they are their religion, but this game is sickening so far, we're just lucky we are still in the game at 19-12. Lookey there we finally made them punt, and thank God that Owens is a big mouth screw up!! Our defense has to get better and our offense well if they come back and play like they did in the first half then we still have a chance in this game, but they have to play better than they are now! Go Skins, kill the cowboys, PLEASE!!!!! We need this win!:dallasuck

If we could stop someone, anyone on 3rd down we would have a better chance of staying games. I am in the belief that we need to stop biltzing on 3rd down, we get no push from our interior linemen so our Blitzer don't get to the QB fast enough to be effective.

So let me get this straight, we have the ball, inside the 30 in thier territory, we fail to put up any points, and turn the ball over with time left. They hit 3 out 4 passes with Romo sits to pee, while we hit hardly anything worth hitting with brunell, and the d is at fault? If we had scored we would have won. Simple. If either the safety or the first field goal was a td, we win.

It's simple. Our teams are comparable. They pulled their geezer qb, and the young guy hits long strikes to win games. We kept out geezer in and he can't hit anything over 7 yds downfield on the last drive, we don't score and they get the ball back. They get the ball and immediately hit 2 long strikes with their young qb. See the difference? Put JC in NOW!

So let me get this straight, we have the ball, inside the 30 in thier territory, we fail to put up any points, and turn the ball over with time left. They hit 3 out 4 passes with Romo sits to pee, while we hit hardly anything worth hitting with brunell, and the d is at fault? If we had scored we would have won. Simple. If either the safety or the first field goal was a td, we win.

It's simple. Our teams are comparable. They pulled their geezer qb, and the young guy hits long strikes to win games. We kept out geezer in and he can't hit anything over 7 yds downfield on the last drive, we don't score and they get the ball back. They get the ball and immediately hit 2 long strikes with their young qb. See the difference? Put JC in NOW!

Just ****ing stop it

all runs is brunell? whatever.... we won, enjoy it and :shutup:

Who are you and what game were you watching? You are putting Brunell at fault for letting the game come down to field goal attempts?

Anyone else not so happy with AA? Geez.

Really not impressed, but i hope he gets better. If not he needs to leave. We need all the help we can get, and our defence has stepped up big time, reason why we won this game. AA needs to get his act together, and learn how to read recievers and tackle well, he isnt doing either.

:dallasuck

Rogers had some great plays and some terrible plays, but it looked like he was doing better with Springs on the field. Springs looked good and that big completing to Crayton should have been offensive pass interference considering how badly Crayton pushed off of Springs. Washington was flying all over the place as was Marshall. Holdman had a few good pressures and at the least didnt slip up on anything major. Griffin had a good game, Daniels would have had a decent game if he wasnt getting mugged 24/7, same goes for Andre Carter and that stop on the Glenn reverse was huge. Golston had a real solid game again, no highlight material but he was solid.

Archuleta was bad.

Who are you and what game were you watching? You are putting Brunell at fault for letting the game come down to field goal attempts?

Ummm...YES! That would be a positive, definitely, 110%.

:cheers:

Look he is old. He don't have the arm or the legs no mo. Add some height, mobility, and a bit of arm, and this game is a runaway for us. Add at least 10 points, no stress at the end. We live long and smile more.;)

We won because of the special teams and a lucky timing for a big penalty.

Check my post history. I am not anti-Brunell, I want him to stay around, as a mentor and teacher. I just recognize where he is, where we are, where JC is, and where we need to go.

He is old, he needs a beating to keep him moving at all. If we didn't give him a hard time, he would be too geriatric to even run at all.:laugh:

....... I am not anti-Brunell, I want him to stay around, as a mentor and teacher. I just recognize where he is, where we are, where JC is, and where we need to go. ......He is old, he needs a beating to keep him moving at all.

Brunell scores 20 vs a top 10 Defense, without his #1 WR or a redzone O-Line and you want to take a Chance on JC instead?

Maybe Brunell isn't the one that needs "A Beating"

I think its OK to bag on whats wrong....but wishing someone gets Beaten?

Archived