Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins ripped on Quite Frankly

spidernat

He's certainly entitled to his opinion.

To me it just seems like some of these journalists are simply not adjusting too well to this day and age of the internet.

I really don't see what's wrong with a team owning a message board (a board that existed and would have continued to exist even if they didn't buy it) and having the MODs of that board given access to the team for interviews and other such stuff so the fans can get another perspective on the team.

It would be a very bad thing if we lose out on independent media and have everything controlled by the team (ie The Fox Newsing of the Redskins) but I have yet to see this site try and shut off debate or criticisms of the Redskins.

I think the whole diatribe falls apart when the guy starts talking about how the Redskins and Dolphins are losing as if it somehow correlates to their managing of the media.

This setup between the Skins and Extremeskins existed last year too, funny how last year the Skins were a playoff team and the Dolphins were everybody's darling "hot team" at the end of the season.

I think that the media guys are just pissed off because now they actually have to go out and work. There are only a few real journalists who break stories and really put the time in, most of them just seem to "go by the numbers". Now that the Skins have a way to get out their message in a way outside of the traditional press, these journalists should view that as a good thing, now they'll be forced to use the reporting instincts they should have and find the stories.

The only downside is if the Redskins ever did try and "shape" the agenda through this site. Like I said earlier, I have yet to see it, but if it happens then we are in trouble. Then this concept (team ownership of a fan messageboard) becomes FoxNews and we the fans would become like the FoxNews viewers, willfully ignorant and that would be extremely ;) sad.

This is a continued trend that will only get worse as time passes. It is nothing new for the media to rip Snyder and the team and it will only get worse as time goes by. I can't see the media making must of an adjustment to the situation therefore there will always be people who live to rip the franchise.

With all that said, I appreciate their right to cover the team and I know this makes it more difficult for them. The whole principle goes back to basic everyday life.... One must work harder to make a living. If you want access and are not given the amount you think you deserve then work harder to develop sources and get it that way. Look at people like John Clayton of ESPN and realize that they have earned respect among the teams and their access is the same as it always has been.

In life some want to take the short cuts and then blame others when they have to earn a living the hard way. For my closing statement I will simply say

SCREW EM'!

It's funny how Belichick has been doing this all along and it's never been something the media has made such a big deal out of. How convenient that this "reporter" neglected to mention the Patriots with the Dolphins and Redskins as teams that limit media contact. It's all a herd mentality. Once you figure that out, you realize it's not worth watching the news but for 2 mins a day for current event updates b/c everyone repeats each other. No news source is capable of producing a unique thought. The status quo has been to hate the Redskins. So all the sheep follow suit.

Actually Ramos did mention the Patriots. He said the NFL is a copycat league and the trend was set by Bellichick, and since they have had great success other teams have followed suit. But Ramos mentioned the Patriots as an afterthought so I opted not to bring them up in the original thread. But clearly his main point was to rip the Dolphins and especially the Redskins.

so this no name guy talks about how no NFL teams let the assistants talk to the media. As i recall G. Will talks after every game as well as other assistants and then rips us because of this.

He can rip us but with just suggesting that the coaches dont tell him what he want to hear is just stupid.

Why should we care?

I follow you here. I normally couldn't care less what the media says about the Redskins. Some posters seem offended and disrespected when ESPN and others pick the Skins to lose or when the Skins don't get enough positive coverage. They feel like the media is against our organization. But that sort of thing doesn't really affect what happens on the field.

The reason I decided to post what I saw was because this Ramos character said these things with evident loathing. Plus, he actually called some of our boys yahoos :mad: and like I've been saying all along, some of us may disagree on certain points but we're all Redskins fans and when outsiders start to attack any of us we must unite and circle the wagons.

Time to knock the skirts off them Cowgirls!!!

so this no name guy talks about how no NFL teams let the assistants talk to the media. As i recall G. Will talks after every game as well as other assistants and then rips us because of this.

He can rip us but with just suggesting that the coaches dont tell him what he want to hear is just stupid.

No he said SOME NFL teams will not grant access to their coaches. But his main aim was to rip the Redskins for allowing mods from this site press access, some of these guys really believe they are better than the average fan, and I guess he feels our boys are not worthy to be part of their "ELITE" fraternity.

So making it impossible for people like Ramos to do their jobs and report to the fans is why were 2-5? And I thought all this time it was the O and D.

yahoos...:rolleyes: ... I'm glad he's pissed :laugh:

Cry us a river Ronnie :cry:

True, but I guess what he was getting at was that we deserve our current status because we don't give him and others like him enough access. Mainly what I got from it was that he was happy we were having such a bad season. He seemed like a whining baby.

This is a continued trend that will only get worse as time passes. It is nothing new for the media to rip Snyder and the team and it will only get worse as time goes by. I can't see the media making must of an adjustment to the situation therefore there will always be people who live to rip the franchise.

With all that said, I appreciate their right to cover the team and I know this makes it more difficult for them. The whole principle goes back to basic everyday life.... One must work harder to make a living. If you want access and are not given the amount you think you deserve then work harder to develop sources and get it that way. Look at people like John Clayton of ESPN and realize that they have earned respect among the teams and their access is the same as it always has been.

In life some want to take the short cuts and then blame others when they have to earn a living the hard way. For my closing statement I will simply say

SCREW EM'!

I agree with your statement. It seems that all journalists want nowadays is to be allowed to stand in front of athletes and get to talk about this or that hoping that they'll slip up and say something that can be twisted into a controversy. They don't seem to ask questions anymore. They just want the players to talk about this and talk about that and hope they can get enough of something to have something to submit to their employer. They're not concerned with actual reporting. All they really want is to try to stir some sort of controversy and milk it for a paycheck.

And if we beat dallas and somehow make the playoffs, he'll probably say how great this organization is and how dedicated the fans are.

Newspaper guys can usually back track their statements.

It's called an eraser.

That is exacttly right. I agree with you on that. It's the same way with us. He completly spoke nothing but garbage about us against Philly before the game. He is the biggest Philly homer ever. If your name isn't McNabb and you don't dawn Philly Green, you stink in his opinion.

Well, he does have a (VERY!) few valid points. But, that's what happens when you go shopping in April, start talking about making reservations down south for January then stumble to a 2-5 record. Everyone is ready to take aim at that bulls-eye you've put across your own chest. If we lose Sunday, it's going to get at least ten times worse!

I was watching Quite Frankly and some dude named Ronnie Ramos,

they got ripped on Quite Frankly by "some dude Ronnie Ramos" ? That's it...time to shut down the organization. Ronnie Ramos doesn't like his media access.

Now "Ronnie Ramos" is getting ripped HERE....someone change Ramos's diapers.

Well, he does have a (VERY!) few valid points. But, that's what happens when you go shopping in April, start talking about making reservations down south for January then stumble to a 2-5 record. Everyone is ready to take aim at that bulls-eye you've put across your own chest. If we lose Sunday, it's going to get at least ten times worse!

What valid points does he have (besides he can't get media access) and how does your post even relate to it? Did you read it right?

Normally I'm not big on beat downs, but I would love to see Bubba dropkick his smarmy butt.

Just once. Please.

I actually think that the Post and Times' coverages have stepped up a lot and are as good as they ever were. (especially the blogspots)

So has 980 for that matter, in all I like it a lot. bout the only thing I like from this season.

Yahoos. :rolleyes:

What valid points does he have (besides he can't get media access) and how does your post even relate to it? Did you read it right?

My point is, every that Tom, Dick and Harry in the media will be bashing the Redskins because of their Super Bowl aspirations quickly evaporating. And he did point out how we made that free-agency splash back in March and April.

My point is, every that Tom, Dick and Harry in the media will be bashing the Redskins because of their Super Bowl aspirations quickly evaporating. And he did point out how we made that free-agency splash back in March and April.

OK, I'll have to assume that was said on the show "Quite Frankly", because spidernat's post didn't have the splash part in it and I didn't see the show. But we make a splash every year, I don't remember anyone from the FO or ES staff member that covers the teampredicting a trip to Miami . Absolutely some members did and still do :silly: , and I'd venture to say some of the outside media did as well.

True, but I guess what he was getting at was that we deserve our current status because we don't give him and others like him enough access. Mainly what I got from it was that he was happy we were having such a bad season. He seemed like a whining baby.

Yeah, I know... it was more of a jab. But just the correlation of it shows even to the most ravenous Skins hater to be purely idiotic. I think his real goal is a gig at SI.

Ronnie Ramos > Monday Morning Nonsense

I don't mean this to be offensive, I'm just asking the question because I really don't know the answer.

What do the mods gain from sitting in the press box, and how do they apply that to Extremeskins? I've sat in the press box for a game before, and it's not much more than a free lunch, a quarterly stat sheet, and a climate controlled place to work. The only real press coverage I've seen from an extremeskins member was the report about P*ssing off Pasquereli, which was funny, but didn't quite justify having a press credential. It's more than possible that I have missed others, but is there really "reporting" coming from the ES mods with press credentials?

I don't mean this to be offensive, I'm just asking the question because I really don't know the answer.

What do the mods gain from sitting in the press box, and how do they apply that to Extremeskins? I've sat in the press box for a game before, and it's not much more than a free lunch, a quarterly stat sheet, and a climate controlled place to work. The only real press coverage I've seen from an extremeskins member was the report about P*ssing off Pasquereli, which was funny, but didn't quite justify having a press credential. It's more than possible that I have missed others, but is there really "reporting" coming from the ES mods with press credentials?

Camino,

We generally have 1 guy in the pressbox, 1 on the sidelines. We post between 400-500 game photos almost immediately after every game, sometimes while the game is in progress. We do lockerroom interviews, just like every other media member, post-game. But rather than pick and choose a few 'soundbytes', we give you the whole interview, again, almost immediately upon leaving the lockerroom. Then there is usually a write-up or game blog to give you our take on what we saw, what our sense of things is, and sometimes a juicy tidbit we picked up. We do this, despite the fact that we have regular jobs and usually have to fly or drive great distances to return home, something guys that do this for a living don't have to sweat.

In short, for the space we're taking up, we provide far far more than the average sports journalist who simply picks a single aspect of the game and knocks out an article. I have the requisite respect for the guys that are paid to cover the game - they have skills we don't. On the other hand, we have always said we're not journalists, don't want to be journalists, and never pretend to be journalists. Theres plenty of room in the pressbox and on the sidelines. All the hand-wringing and nosebleeds that have occured as the result of our 'invading' the press' inner sanctum are ridiculous. What the Redskins did the past 2 years with extremeskins is new. So the traditional guys hate it. Its no great mystery.

Camino,

We generally have 1 guy in the pressbox, 1 on the sidelines. We post between 400-500 game photos almost immediately after every game, sometimes while the game is in progress. We do lockerroom interviews, just like every other media member, post-game. But rather than pick and choose a few 'soundbytes', we give you the whole interview, again, almost immediately upon leaving the lockerroom. Then there is usually a write-up or game blog to give you our take on what we saw, what our sense of things is, and sometimes a juicy tidbit we picked up. We do this, despite the fact that we have regular jobs and usually have to fly or drive great distances to return home, something guys that do this for a living don't have to sweat.

In short, for the space we're taking up, we provide far far more than the average sports journalist who simply picks a single aspect of the game and knocks out an article. I have the requisite respect for the guys that are paid to cover the game - they have skills we don't. On the other hand, we have always said we're not journalists, don't want to be journalists, and never pretend to be journalists. Theres plenty of room in the pressbox and on the sidelines. All the hand-wringing and nosebleeds that have occured as the result of our 'invading' the press' inner sanctum are ridiculous. What the Redskins did the past 2 years with extremeskins is new. So the traditional guys hate it. Its no great mystery.

Thanks.....like I said, I'm sure I missed something. I guess I've never really dug deep into here to find that stuff.

Archived