Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Jets just got hosed.

illone

20-13 Browns lead, last play of the game. Pennington under pressure, throws it to the TE Baker who was clearly in bounds, caught the ball with one hand.... defender hits him in mid-air and they rule it incomplete.

Turn on the post-game show, it'll be all over it I'm sure.

untitled4pv4.png

untitled5em0.png

Baker was ruled out of bounds, rather than the correct call which was a text book force out. In fact, given the vertical angle of the route, it would have been humanly impossible for Baker to get out of bounds without being forced out.

Quite possibly the worst call of the year.

nah, he would have landed out of bounds good call

Whether he would've landed in bounds isn't debatable. The call would've been overturned if it fell within the purview of instant replay. But the rules simply prevent the refs from going to the booth to correct this missed call.

']You can't blame the refs for getting it wrong in full speed. But the fact that it isn't reviewable is bad. You can bet it will be next year. He would have been in. And how the announcers could even question it shows me they don't belong up there.

Exactly they sided with the refs I thought that I was missing something.

']And how the announcers could even question it shows me they don't belong up there.

I usually don't mind Wilcots. But not only did he blow it by improperly analyzing the call, he compounded his mistake by failing to realize that the call was non-reviewable. Instead, he incorrectly believed that it wasn't going to the booth because the refs were just that sure.

Rule #1 for an anouncer? Know the rules.

It's horrible when the outcome of the game comes down to one missed call, but the problem in this game was a series of bad calls. Must have been the same refs the Skins had in the first Tampa game last year:laugh:

They missed a turnover earlier in the game that would have given the Jets excellent field position. Clearly the punt returner touched the ball, but the refs said he didn't, so he must not have:rolleyes:

I think its hard to make that type of call reviewable because how would you determine indisputable evidence? You would need CSI with tape measures and speed of the player and weight of the player and all of that.

I REALLY don't like the idea that a call can't be reversed because it's a judgement call. Is it not possible that someone's judgement can be changed by looking at the play again? I know it wasn't indisputable but hey they can change their judgement to probable. I don't see what's wrong with the probable in that situation.

Archived