Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

NFL Network reporting Campbell may start (sort of)

Avic

The question is: Why isn't Todd Collins getting the snaps? Wasn't the prep time for Campbell contingent upon Brunell knowingly not being healthy for the upcoming game? It is because Campbell is getting these snaps and Brunell is thought to be injured that leads me to believe there is something brewing at Redskins Park.

The question is: Why isn't Todd Collins getting the snaps? Wasn't the prep time for Campbell contingent upon Brunell knowingly not being healthy for the upcoming game? It is because Campbell is getting these snaps and Brunell is thought to be injured that leads me to believe there is something brewing at Redskins Park.

Without wishing to bandy around the subject, I too noticed that. Collins is listed as the back up normally isnt he. I guess he still will be and perhaps MB will be the 3rd string in this case.

Sitting at 2-5 with Brunell, what's the worst that can happen if Campbell was to play?

You'd think Campbell could hand the ball to Portis 30 times a game...MAYBE throw for a couple first downs a game, and lead us to a 5-11 record. Give us something to watch other than Brunell's pathetic "dancing feet."

Campbell getting snaps is better (longterm for the team) than Brunell getting us to 6-10, or maybe 7-9. I stress the maybe.

If Brunell plays IN THE LEAGUE next year I'll eat my hat. He is toast.

I love the Skins, but this is the lowest point ever in my faith for Gibbs. Why can't he see this obvious conclusion??? Campbell now, maybe next season...or we gotta go get someone in the offseason.

And why doesn't anyone ask Gibbs a haed-on question about the situation?

And why doesn't anyone ask Gibbs a haed-on question about the situation?

because he is joe gibbs the almighty,, the king like yer signature says.. who dares to say he MAY JUST BE wrong on this one.. if u do think is wrong, this board will automatically label you as a bandwagon dallas fan.. :rolleyes:

Once Brunell is gone our average will we be a bit younger considering that he is 237 years old. I still think that we're a relatively young team with some old depth other than grampa brunell.

I've posted this before in other threads, but even without Brunell the avg. years in the league of our starters is 5.3. This is very comparable to other vetern teams. The Colts for example are at 5.2. Even without Brunell, this is not a real young team. The OL and DL all are either at their prime on in decline.

I've got somewhat of an inside source....as of Friday the coaching staff was "thinking about" starting Campbell but hadn't even given a straight answer to the players yet on whether or not it would happen for the Dallas game.

And oh yeah, btw, the team is losing confidence in Brunell more and more by the day. Just wanted to let the blind portion of posters on the website in on that little "secret".

I feel bad for all of you - so many of you are at the point of worshipping Campbell that I feel he's going to let you all down. And then what? Oldest team in the league, no young players at other positions coming up, no draft, salary cap.......it's like he's Obi One Canobi. "help me Obi-One you're my only hope".

As opposed to being a 2-5 team currently with the same issues and an aging before our eyes QB...yeah big difference there :rolleyes:

GC

Im an official Brunell supporter but I will say that if he is still hurting, maybe he should sit one out. He did beat Jacksonville with three stitches in his throwing arm and he was pretty banged up for our big streak last year but we have so many injuries that we ought to look into putting fresh guys on the field.

Whatever happens the rest of the season, we must beat Dallas though so I don't know what's best here. If Campbell comes out and has a rough night, someone else better go in and beat them.

If a QB change actually were made this week, when would it likely be announced? It seems like it would have to be announced by the team today or tomorrow, right?

I don't know if it'll be announced, but today is supposed to be a big day. If Campbell is still working with the first team in today's practice, then let the speculation really begin.

I feel bad for all of you - so many of you are at the point of worshipping Campbell that I feel he's going to let you all down. And then what? Oldest team in the league, no young players at other positions coming up, no draft, salary cap.......it's like he's Obi One Canobi. "help me Obi-One you're my only hope".

It's better than looking to Brunell as the "only hope". The alternative you offer is simply more of the same. Frankly, no thanks.

BTW, I kinda suspected that Brunell's "injury" would be used to evaluate Campbell, and I hope it is true.

I guess MB isn't letting us down. We are 2-5, if that isn't letting us down after making the playoffs a year ago. We added players to the team that should have improved our play, instead we are under achieving, Let's face it, MB is making bad decisions, if you can't see that then you like Gibbs are making decisions based on your heart. The goal of the team is to when the superbowl, based on the play at QB, we won't win. Now if MB can play better, I'm all for him to remain at QB but if he continues to play bad, he has to be benched.

:dallasuck :dallasuck :dallasuck

hes taking the snaps just because brunel is hurt. Ill still put money that brunell starts(even though I would love to see a Romo sits to pee/Campbel battle next week)

According to sportscenter, Brunell is starting b/c his numbers are good and the Skins would want a veteran to lead them to the playoffs.

Archived