Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

NFL Network reporting Campbell may start (sort of)

Avic

There is no doubt that it's time for Brunell to exit. The problem is, can JC take over this offense with confidence? Regardless, anyone who has watched the Redskins play week in and week out, have all come to the conclusion that Brunell cannot maintain a decent passing game. He is well, pitifull to state it mildly. This is coming from a Brunell supporter earlier this season. However, like most educated fans, and football minds, you cannot continue to give Brunell excuses for his inability to throw the ball downfield. It has to stop, and bring someone in who can at least lead teams to believe the ball is going deep from time to time. Brunell cannot convince any team of this. They line up with 8 in the box, and are usually in perfect formation to stop his 5-10 yard chip passes. So regardless of who it is, it has to be someone other than Mark Brunell at the quarterback position for this team to succeed at any level.

It could be a good way for Gibbs and Brunell to part ways..Brunell goes down with injury, Campbell gets start and never looks back. Brunell doesn't look bad and Gibbs doesn't look bad. Both save face. It sorta reminds me of Arenas on the US team. His injury wasn't bad but it was a cop out to getting cut, even though Arenas is 20 times the player Brunell is in his respective sport.

Great points.

However, I just did some quick calculations and Gilbert Arenas is actually

20,000 times the player Brunell is in his respective sport.

:yikes:

hes taking the snaps just because brunel is hurt. Ill still put money that brunell starts(even though I would love to see a Romo sits to pee/Campbel battle next week)

I wanna believe that Gibbs is finally coming to his senses BUT...

Maybe if I continue to pray my prayers will be answered. Who knows, stranger things have happened.

No one expects campbell to save us. Sad thing is, a number of people on this board could probably do a better job as GM of this team than Gibbs/Snyder/Cerrato. We understand that the future of this team is important, and we understand that Brunell is not the future. We understand that to have a winning season next year, or the year after, Campbell will have to be ready to play. We understand that in order to get him ready, he has to play as much as possible. No one expects him to save this season. We think he might be more productive than Brunell, but we're equally happy to watch him suck for 10 weeks, because at least it would be productive down the line. I'm sorry you are confused by this.

Well spoken... I couldn't have said it better myself.

Why are people comparing Schefter to PFT?

I've always found Schefter to have some real insight, and can't really remember any bad reporting on his reports.

ESPN NFL and NBA insiders have been real good to me as far as rumors as well, and they reported the same thing a week ago.

Does anyone have an example or 2 of SNAFUs by Schefter that even come close to the drivel that PFT posts on a regular basis?

Thats what i was fixing to post. Guess it wouldnt be a day on ES without more useless, pointless JC threads.

So you don't put any stock in something that Adam Schefter says either? What is it with you guys, what has AS done/reported that makes you think he is the king of hogwash?

I've never gotten that impression with him, definately nothing close to Pro Football Talk .com

In fact its much easier to BS from a website than from the freaking NFL network where you regularly show your face and have to meet the people you are reporting on.....

Two days of practice before a bye weekend does not mean Campbell is starting...:obvious:

If Brunell is hurt that's fine. I think it would be a good time to bring Campbell in especially since Romo sits to pee will likely be starting next Sunday. That's just my opinion, I know others would disagree b/c of the rivalry pressure but a home game is much better than his first start being in Philly. With that said, I don't think that Campbell will start unless Brunell is hurt. :2cents:

HTTR

No one expects campbell to save us.

I think you read my post wrong. I wasn't meaning as much as for this season as I am that he is apparently the only hope moving forward for the franchise based on what I've read here by way too many fans.

We think he might be more productive than Brunell, but we're equally happy to watch him suck for 10 weeks,

This is the type of argument that any 1/2 decent lawyer gets thrown out of the court before the sentence is even completed from your mouth.

That is called conjecture and there is no physical means for you to to speak for everyone else and say "we're equally happy to watch him suck for 10 weeks".

You're not going to be able to argue on my level when you're incapable of even bringing an arugment to the table that wouldn't get thrown out of the debate let alone be left standing to even argue about.

Why are people comparing Schefter to PFT?

I've always found Schefter to have some real insight, and can't really remember any bad reporting on his reports.

ESPN NFL and NBA insiders have been real good to me as far as rumors as well, and they reported the same thing a week ago.

Does anyone have an example or 2 of SNAFUs by Schefter that even come close to the drivel that PFT posts on a regular basis?

So you don't put any stock in something that Adam Schefter says either? What is it with you guys, what has AS done/reported that makes you think he is the king of hogwash?

I've never gotten that impression with him, definately nothing close to Pro Football Talk .com

In fact its much easier to BS from a website than from the freaking NFL network where you regularly show your face and have to meet the people you are reporting on.....

I didnt say that I didnt believe him. And this threads actually got some meat to it. I guess im just burned out on all the future is now threads with the JC posters with their blinders on.

This is the type of argument that any 1/2 decent lawyer gets thrown out of the court before the sentence is even completed from your mouth.

That is called conjecture and there is no physical means for you to to speak for everyone else and say "we're equally happy to watch him suck for 10 weeks".

You're not going to be able to argue on my level when you're incapable of even bringing an arugment to the table that wouldn't get thrown out of the debate let alone be left standing to even argue about.

I see what you're saying Judge. Let's get one thing straight:

I feel bad for all of you - so many of you are at the point of worshipping Campbell that I feel he's going to let you all down. And then what? Oldest team in the league, no young players at other positions coming up, no draft, salary cap.......it's like he's Obi One Canobi. "help me Obi-One you're my only hope".

While you're correcting people, try not to speak for all of "us," as you clearly have no idea what you are talking about. I think you just got thrown out of court. You're trying to comment about a whole group of people, of which you have no idea, while at the same time refusing to let any one person respond for that group because it's pure "conjecture." Obviously there will be no coordinated group response, thus you can't be refuted, right? Thats beautiful. The people I'm speaking for are the same people who share my school of thought with regard to Campbell, and there are a number of them on this board. I'm not speaking for everyone, whilst you speak against everyone that "worships" Campbell - whatever that even means. You might want to take your own advice before you try and dish it on someone else. Try not to be a dick again. Thanks.

anyone in their right mind knows that Jason will not come in and be the savior. But he'll never be THE MAN if we don't let him play. The playoffs are an astronomical longshot so let's see if this kid's got anything at all. If he's Heath Shuler then we can chuck the entire QB staff after this season and try again. Obviously the biggest problem with our team is the trench players but let's address this QB situation now and start doing something productive

I'm sick of hearing about this stupid argument. You should all know that there is no way that Jason Campbell is going to step in and solve all of our problems. Our problems run WAY deeper than that!

No **** sherlock! We still need to play him in order to see what he can do. We are not getting any production from the QB position at the moment. Even if JC does not perform well this year, he could gain a lot of much needed experience for next year. We just need to let him get reps in real game conditions. Don't be such an idiot.

I feel bad for all of you - so many of you are at the point of worshipping Campbell that I feel he's going to let you all down. And then what? Oldest team in the league, no young players at other positions coming up, no draft, salary cap.......it's like he's Obi One Canobi. "help me Obi-One you're my only hope".

Only a few, though vocal, people think that Jason will save our season. In the land of Sanity, those of us who want Campbell to start want to do so BECAUSE the season is done and we'd rather see us lose these games with Campbell getting some experience than with Brunell just doing what we've seen. It's like what the Giants did with Manning in 2004, except they had a shot at the playoffs, we don't, and Manning was a rookie, Campbell isn't. Worst case scenario, barring injury: Campbell gets game experience which only helps our team down the road.

And again: I'm a massive Mark supporter, but he's done.

Archived