Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Allen's Revenge... look what Webb wrote! (Maybe NSFW)

Fergasun

It doesn't matter, the people that will make a big deal about this, considering the context of the book, are not people who would have voted any other way to begin with. This is just a means for those on the right to say "see, he's sick" or what ever else.

I can say, I voted for Allen last time, and the "macaca" thing isn't why I'm not voting for him this time... :2cents:

No, it will also affect the undecided voters, the ones who are undecided because they haven't bothered to do any research at all.

Someone is going to tell them that Webb favors child molestation, they are going to see this sentence taken out of context in a TV attack ad, and they are going to believe it.

Hell, Nelms and AFC believe it even now, after it has been thoroughly debunked in this thread.

Hell, Nelms and AFC believe it even now, after it has been thoroughly debunked in this thread.

No, it hasn't. Even the article that says its normally done by this caregiver or that and under the age of 1 doesnt qualify what Webb decided was scene worthy...

Its definitely not AS bad , but only by a few degrees.. Neither one of these guys has any regard for other people is what I've gotten out of the last 8 months...

No, it hasn't.

It hasn't?

Did you read the broader excerpt from the book posted above? Did you read the articles people posted about how this is an actual traditional practice in rural southeast Asia? About the Cambodian woman who was arrested for this in Nevada? This is something people do over there, and Webb threw it into his novel.

Come on, Thiebear. Webb no more advocates child molestation than Agatha Christie or Stephen King advocates murder.

This is utter nonsense.

No, it hasn't.

What hasn't been debunked?? (or has for that matter)

I read the book pages from the link posted, in the context within the book, Webb's writing about an observation, not a sexual act.

Webb himself says he personally witnessed a similar act while overseas... and said it wasn't sexual. Obviously its cultural and based on the link within this thread, orthodox jews do something just as sick IMO...

No, it hasn't. Even the article that says its normally done by this caregiver or that and under the age of 1 doesnt qualify what Webb decided was scene worthy...

Its definitely not AS bad , but only by a few degrees.. Neither one of these guys has any regard for other people is what I've gotten out of the last 8 months...

What do you think of Henry's example about the Governor of California murdering 30 cops in "The Terminator"?

It hasn't?

Did you read the broader excerpt from the book posted above? Did you read the articles people posted about how this is an actual traditional practice in rural southeast Asia? About the Cambodian woman who was arrested for this in Nevada? This is something people do over there, and Webb threw it into his novel.

Come on, Thiebear. Webb no more advocates child molestation than Agatha Christie or Stephen King advocates murder.

This is utter nonsense.

Damn elitist, sounding all smart and stuff.

http://www.cnsnews.com/ViewPolitics.asp?Page=/Politics/archive/200610/POL20061027c.html

The GOP wins this round.

The fact that this is the dominant news of the day (and probably on the Sunday shows since they will debate on Russert) means the GOP has the upper hand setting the course of the spin for the next few days. This CANT help Webb, it has to hurt him a point or two.

http://www.cnsnews.com/ViewPolitics.asp?Page=/Politics/archive/200610/POL20061027c.html

The GOP wins this round.

The fact that this is the dominant news of the day (and probably on the Sunday shows since they will debate on Russert) means the GOP has the upper hand setting the course of the spin for the next few days. This CANT help Webb, it has to hurt him a point or two.

I don't think that site is a major player.... :laugh: :laugh:

Just using it as an example of Webb having to talk about it at all.

It's the last thing he wants to do.

Oh, I see what you mean... I checked Fox News and CNN's webpages and there's no sight of any of that on the front pages....

I think that some are grasping at straws...

For God's sakes, even Michelle Malkin views this as a farce.

http://michellemalkin.com/archives/006211.htm

Woah, from her blog- A link to this-

http://www.webbagainstwomen.com/default.aspx

And from that, comments like these-

“The Hall [bancroft Hall], which houses 4,000 males and 300 females, is a horny woman’s dream.” (pg. 277, “Women Can’t Fight,” Washingtonian Magazine, November 1979)

Webb referred to female midshipman at Annapolis as "thunder thighs." (Baltimore Sun, 8/28/92)

An informal group calling themselves “Webbites” shamelessly practices bigotry. Adherents of James Webb, former secretary of the Navy who in a visit to the Naval Academy several years ago referred to female midshipmen as “Thunder Thighs,” this group has evolved over the past decade from a collection of outspoken critics of women in the military to a secret society, one that in 1991 referred to itself as the “WUBA KLUX KLAN” and solicited new members to further its goal of ridding the Naval Academy of women.” (The New Republic, 8/17/92)

“The men are essentially the same; it is the institution that has changed. It has changed primarily because of female midshipmen.” (pg. 273, “Women Can’t Fight,” Washingtonian Magazine, November 1979)

“Many women appear to be having problems with their sexuality…What kind of woman would seek out the Academy routine?” (pg. 282, “Women Can’t Fight,” Washingtonian Magazine, November 1979)

"What are the other alternatives? We could stop allowing women to attend the academies at all…Or, if it is the consensus of Congress that the service academies no longer perform their historic function of preparing men to lead in combat, but are now primarily mere academic institutions, it would be logical and cost effective to close them down." (pg. 282, "Women Can't Fight," Washingtonian Magazine, November 1979) (pg. 282, “Women Can’t Fight,” Washingtonian Magazine, November 1979)

“Tailhook should have been a three or maybe five-day story.” (Speech to the Naval Institute Annual Conference, Washington Times, 4/25/96)

"And I have never met a woman, including the dozens of female midshipmen I encountered during my recent semester as a professor at the Naval Academy, whom I would trust to provide those men with combat leadership." (pg. 148, “Women Can’t Fight,” Washingtonian Magazine, November 1979)

“If Congress had considered these realities when it debated whether to open the service academies to women, and approached this as a national defense rather than a women’s issue, it may have voted differently.” (pg. 148, “Women Can’t Fight,” Washingtonian Magazine, November 1979)

Now it's true these comments are from 30 years ago, but isnt that the same time frame of Allens accused N word usage?

Now it's true these comments are from 30 years ago, but isnt that the same time frame of Allens accused N word usage?

Allen's N word stuff wouldn't have any traction if it weren't for the Macaca and Jewish stuff from this year.

I myself used the N word as a racial insult in high school. I was young and ignorant and a white boy in Virginia. That is what we did. I would hope that my subsequent 30 years of life would reflect better who I am.

Archived