Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Brunell STAT OF DOOM!

Redskinswhoopass

That would be really insulting to you, since you can't seem to grasp it's bearing on our offense despite numerous explainations. But I guess maybe if he spelled it out real s-l-o-w for you and the rest of the people having problems understanding, you might get it then.

Unportsmenlike conduct MrSilverMac....For telling it like it is .....15 post penalty First down!!!:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :rotflmao:

Negative. Portis, through 7 games has 414 yards. Thats an average of 59.14 yards a game, multiplied by 17 equals 1005 yards. So I was off by 6 yards, so you check your math, BONEHEAD. I think you get the point though, yeah?

I think your numbers are screwed up. Portis is averaging 69 yards a game (remember he didn't play against Dallas). If he plays out the rest of the season and gets 69 yards a game, he should have 1035 yards, as the above poster said.

EDIT: I should add that I also feel that you are a bonehead.

I think your numbers are screwed up. Portis is averaging 69 yards a game (remember he didn't play against Dallas). If he plays out the rest of the season and gets 69 yards a game, he should have 1035 yards, as the above poster said.

EDIT: I should add that I also feel that you are a bonehead.

Ok, so I did the numbers through 7 games and you guys did the numbers by yards per game, no worries, I forgot he didnt play in Dallas. But you two are so freaking childish that your argueing over 30 yards and ignoring the main point. Portis is better for more than 1000 yards, yet our O-line cant open a hole for mini-me, how do you expect them to protect a QB? sigh....it's like talking to my dog except he understands me :laugh: .

Negative. Portis, through 7 games has 414 yards, 22nd in the league. Thats an average of 59.14 yards a game, multiplied by 17 equals 1005 yards. So I was off by 6 yards, so you check your math, BONEHEAD. I think you get the point though, yeah?

Would make sense if Portis had played in 7 games.

Ok, so I did the numbers through 7 games and you guys did the numbers by yards per game, no worries, I forgot he didnt play in Dallas. But you two are so freaking childish that your argueing over 30 yards and ignoring the main point. Portis is better for more than 1000 yards, yet our O-line cant open a hole for mini-me, how do you expect them to protect a QB? sigh....it's like talking to my dog except he understands me :laugh: .

Read this slowly please.

Clinton Portis has been injured this season, one result of which being that he hasn't had nearly as many snaps as he had in prior years. He has only played in 6 games and started in 5.

He is averaging 4.2 yards per carry, which is exactly one tenth less than he did last year (when he ran for 1500+ yards). Incidentally he averaged 3.8 yards per carry the year before that.

Washington is currently 4th in the nation in yards per carry. At 4.6 ypc, only the Giants, the Eagles, and Atlanta do better per snap. If our O-Line isn't opening any holes, it's opening up large enough holes for our Running Backs to get quality yards through. At 128 yards per game, the Redskins are 7th in the nation in Yards Per Game.

Anyone who wants to swear that our O-Line is to blame for our woes needs to account for these numbers.

I can't believe I'm being lectured by a guy who talks to his dog.

Are you watching the Redskins this season? We are in Week 7 and 2-5. At this exact moment in 2004 we were 2-5. Some of us are unwilling to let you "wait it out" until that moment at which the season is a bust. If we honestly think Campbell gives us the best chance to win NOW then we'd reach the conclusion that it's retarded to keep Brunell in just for the sake of keeping him in.

The funny thing is a lot of the fans here were tired of watching Brunell after the first game of the 2004 season when he almost blew our win against Tampa.

I think I stuck with him for a couple more weeks but it was 100% obvious he was done by the time we lost to the Browns and were 1-3.

Same thing this year. He has a great completion % this year but completing 3 yard passes on 3rd and 8 several times in the same game isn't going to equal a winning formula often when your defense is as bad as ours is right now. We'd still have a mid ranked defense if Brunell converted some of those 3rd downs that weren't in garbage time.

If you have time to complete a 3 yard pass you have time to complete one for 8-15 yards as well unless you have to wind up to throw an 8-15 yard pass, or you are blind.

Use of the word Childish....5 post penalty repeat the down!:laugh:

The team is losing because the whole team is playing like they walked of a Pee Wee league field!!

A team reflects leadership. Joe and Brunell are not giving the right leadership.

I still don't think brunell DOES NOT have the arm to pass the ball 30 and 40 yards a whap.

I think Greg is out o Ideas on how to confuse and trick an opposing offence.

We fans need to stick together. The Redskins are going to need to regroup and retool.

If I hear Joe say "We fought our guts out one more time i am going to @#@#@$.

Fight, Keep your guts in and Win man..

By the way I think Brunell is washed up...but we will see.

not just Brunell but this whole team is going to have to show us what they are made of.

Are they MEN or MICE.

LIVE or lay down and choke with the best offensive weapons we have had since the possie..MONK CLARK AND SANDERS

I am so tired of these statistics however the "Brunell stat of doom" appeals to me. As if watching the games isn't enough to know that Brunell is done. Who cares if he isn't committing turnovers because he certainly isn't creating any chances. Ever heard of this expression, "You miss 100% of the chances you don't take". That describes brunell's performance in one short, simple sentence.

Have you guys even read the washington post article about how Brunell is ruining the offense because he is F***ing with the timing. Saunders offense is 100% predicated on timing. Every route has a specific timing and it is designed for the QB to make quick reads and make a pass quickly because if he waits too long the plays are broken down. WHY DO YOU THINK WE CALL SO MANY SCREENS?? So Brunell can't mess up the timing because te ball is out of his hands like 2 to 3 seconds after the ball is snapped.

Brunell is playing his style of QB which is to not make mistakes and wait for the sure throw. This is fine because well after his pretty good career he has earned some priveliges at the QB position. At this point Brunell is playing to not lose his job. He is slowly suffocating our offense.

For those who brought up the 140 points so far. Well lets see, 2 spec TDs, 2 garbage time Tds, and 7 rushing Tds adds up to (without the EP factored in) = 66 points and if you want to add EP then its 77. So basically half of the poitns are because of the RBs and Spec teams. Now with our dynamic recieving core. I think that more should be coming from the passing game and 20 ppg is just pathetic with an offense as explosive as ours.

All in all this offense should be focused on running the ball and controlling the clock so as to keep the ball in the hands of the offense and to prevent our defense from throwing away games. If we start relying more on the run then I really couldn't care if Brunell is playing QB cause the ball would be out of his hands (where it doesn't belong in the first place) and into CP's hands allowing him to lead our team like he did last year. Either way Brunell still shouldn't be QB.

Weren't we near the top of the league last year in 3rd down & long conversions? Have we regressed that much, after adding a snazzy new offensive scheme and $90M on the edges?

Is it me, or do the wideouts have to make amazing, acrobatic catches when the pass is in between the hash marks? Just wondering if anyone else notices that.

0% conversion rate on third down doesn't condemn him? What the hell would then??? If your expectation of the QB play is so low that his dismal performance against the Cowboys doesn't make your skin crawl, then why are you even against Jason Campbell? What could he possibly do that would rattle you? Throw an interception on the one yard line? Fail to convert a single third down pass?
One game at that rate. And yes, turnovers scare me. A lot.

Actually, he would be THE problem. REad the damn Post article. They don't talk about working on pass protection, do they? No, they're talking about working with BRUNELL.
Yes, that article proves Brunell is the only problem on offense. Yeah.
As for the sacks, did you watch the Dallas game? He walked/ran into TWO of the sacks Dallas had. He has some of the worst pocket presence in the league and it's made worse by the fact he rarely USES the pocket anyway, which makes his 'mistakes to time spent in pocket' ration even more awful.
And why does he back up so much? Hmmm?

And why does he back up so much? Hmmm?

He's been doing it since he's BEEN HERE.

let me also point out that I did a video analysis comparing Ramsey's drops and Brunell's and Ramsey dropped back shallower and though his habits might cause him to take sacks, the 'pressure' he felt was less because of his better use of the pocket.

Here it is (Sept 05) and built on something I had noted back when he started here.

http://www.extremeskins.com/forums/showthread.php?t=114959&highlight=brunell%3A+deep

Basically, it's not as if we've only watched Brunell operate behind this line. We've seen other guys do it and the line has looked better. Or that brief period where Brunell had some confidence last year and seemed healthy, he made better use of the pocket and actually seemed to step into his passes.

One thing, though, even when he did better in his drops and stepping up, his pass drops WERE a lot deeper than Ramsey (please don't start whining about my use of his name, he's the only guy here I can compare behind this line in regular season games) and his step ups were farther back.

So please don't try to blame the O-line for a bad habit that Brunell has had since he's been here and was long ago diagnosed as a Brunell-specific problem.

He's been doing it since he's BEEN HERE.

let me also point out that I did a video analysis comparing Ramsey's drops and Brunell's and Ramsey dropped back shallower and though his habits might cause him to take sacks, the 'pressure' he felt was less because of his better use of the pocket.

Here it is (Sept 05) and built on something I had noted back when he started here.

http://www.extremeskins.com/forums/showthread.php?t=114959&highlight=brunell%3A+deep

Basically, it's not as if we've only watched Brunell operate behind this line. We've seen other guys do it and the line has looked better. Or that brief period where Brunell had some confidence last year and seemed healthy, he made better use of the pocket and actually seemed to step into his passes.

One thing, though, even when he did better in his drops and stepping up, his pass drops WERE a lot deeper than Ramsey (please don't start whining about my use of his name, he's the only guy here I can compare behind this line in regular season games) and his step ups were farther back.

So please don't try to blame the O-line for a bad habit that Brunell has had since he's been here and was long ago diagnosed as a Brunell-specific problem.

Thanks, you posted what Ive been saying for a while now. We need to make some shirts that say "It ain't the lines fault..." and put a picture of Brunell backpedaling faster then the road runner.

GC

Thanks for this wonderful addition to the thread. :rolleyes:

Do you have anything to contribute, or are you just going to make lame comments?

Keep walkin.:rolleyes:

Don't get pissy because he was right, and someone agreed with him.

You have yet to make a single good point for your argument in this entire thread. It is not my fault you have incompetently debated your side. :laugh: Get over it.

Don't get pissy because he was right, and someone agreed with him.

You have yet to make a single good point for your argument in this entire thread. It is not my fault you have incompetently debated your side. :laugh: Get over it.

Now now guys. There are enough under achieving players to make room for everyone to criticize:laugh:

GameBreaker I agree that Brunell hasn't thrown enough deep balls to help us win. then again if we put Sunny Jergenson out there he can complete 3 yard passes too..

My point is inconsistance of this team makes both of you right..How right?

Ok when we played the Giants they were on Brunell like stink on dodo.

Even when he finally got time his composure was shot to @#$ by then. The Indy Game was Bad play calling, Brunell threw like a Bi@## making 3 yard completions when the deep ball is what would win the game, and the Defense couldn't stop an old lady with a cracked walker!

I see both of your points....with that being said a Change at QB could help...That what all this stats stuffis to prove anyway right...Stop BSing and lets put it on the table...

Brunell is throwing like a Bi@# and we either want some deep shots or he can move over and let Jason Cambell have a shot.

Gibbs and BRUNELL, now that is a sure fire trip a super bowl. Where and when can i buy my ticket !!!!! 2007, 2008,2009, I wainting. I can't hear you all you "In GIBBS WE TRUSTers." blind faith in no faith at all. Pull you head out of uh uh uh the sand.

It is all so simple.

Watch the Redskins play. Watch their passing game.

Then watch any other team play. Watch their passing game.

The Skins throw horizontally. Other teams throw vertically, at least try to.

And it ain't the playcalling. Guys are open downfield and Brunell isn't even looking at them. Against the colts, it was outrageous. 3rd and long and he immediately throws it to the flats. Time and time and time again. Saunders is being a good solider, but he must be going crazy.

Good post. Its not the playcalling...its Brunell.

Watch another team play and then watch Brunell.

2-5 is the only stat that matters.

It's all part of the plan. Saunders is calling 4.5 yard routes and Brunell is super-smart in completing them. We're just setting up our opponents for the bomb. Most teams do this in only one game, using short passes to set up a long route. Our team is so smart we're doing it over 7 games. No one will know what hit them when we finally throw long.

Use of the word Childish....5 post penalty repeat the down!:laugh:

The team is losing because the whole team is playing like they walked of a Pee Wee league field!!

A team reflects leadership. Joe and Brunell are not giving the right leadership.

I still don't think brunell DOES NOT have the arm to pass the ball 30 and 40 yards a whap.

I think Greg is out o Ideas on how to confuse and trick an opposing offence.

We fans need to stick together. The Redskins are going to need to regroup and retool.

If I hear Joe say "We fought our guts out one more time i am going to @#@#@$.

Fight, Keep your guts in and Win man..

By the way I think Brunell is washed up...but we will see.

not just Brunell but this whole team is going to have to show us what they are made of.

Are they MEN or MICE.

LIVE or lay down and choke with the best offensive weapons we have had since the possie..MONK CLARK AND SANDERS

Right on, agreed. :cheers:

It's all part of the plan. Saunders is calling 4.5 yard routes and Brunell is super-smart in completing them. We're just setting up our opponents for the bomb. Most teams do this in only one game, using short passes to set up a long route. Our team is so smart we're doing it over 7 games. No one will know what hit them when we finally throw long.

Unless it hits their DB right in his hands.

:rolleyes::silly:

Archived