Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Brunell STAT OF DOOM!

Redskinswhoopass

Our defense is horrible..I agree. But you want to know what is downright shameful?

That this team has to field a top 7 defense in order to carry the offense/bail them out.

It's sad that we have to have a shorter field in order to score when you see McNabb,the Mannings,Palmer etc directing long drives,chewing clock and getting points.

It's disappointing to see Skins fans that look at 200 yards passing as a great day for our starting QB when in the past, that would've been laughed at.

And now our fan base is talking like converting 3rd down and 8 is too much to ask/expect of our QB.

My oh my...how far we've fallen............

Let me translate your post, because you don't seem to understand what you're saying:

It's sad that we have to have a shorter field in order to score when you see McNabb,the Mannings,Palmer etc directing long drives,chewing clock and getting points.

"It's pathetic that Brunell can't do what 3 of the best QBs and potential HOFers can (apparently) do with ease."

Look dude, no pro-Bruneller is saying that he is on the same level as McNabb or Manning or Brady. All we're saying is give this man some credit. He is the quarterback of a pretty good offense. Whether it's because of him or in spite of him, this offense is good enough for us to be a winning team right now.

Our defense is horrible..I agree. But you want to know what is downright shameful?

That this team has to field a top 7 defense in order to carry the offense/bail them out.

I mean, I don't even know where you're pulling this stat from. Statistically, if we had a defense that was #12 in points per game, we would be averaging more points for than points against (which would put us over .500 because some of our losses have been blowouts).

What's so sad about a team needing a top 10 defense to be one of the top 10 teams in the league?

Not sure why you are taking the extreme stance on this. Nobody has even suggested that we need a top 7 defense in order to carry the offense.

Some have mentioned we need a defense that stops someone occasionally, or let's put it this way, plays better than what we are now.

Point being, we need a lot of things right now beyond just a swap at QB. Jason Campbell is not going to change how the line blocks, or how the safeties cover, or how many penalties we commit. Benching Brunell is not going to magically transform this team into a 3rd and 8 converting machine.

We need the entire team to step up and play better than it has. If they do and especially if the line stands up and protects Brunell better than it has, then we are going to be a scary offense in November/Decemeber.

No, they aren't. Are you watching the games? Haven't you heard the people who GO to the games say Thrash, Lloyd and others have been open intermediate to deep in all the games where Mark hasn't performed well (most of them, btw) Saunders offense is limited by what Mark does best and what he CANT do. he's also making decision on plays where receivers are downfield and choosing to checkdown.

STop yelling at people with your stupid font and bolding technique and grow up and respect the fact that people who know, know that it is NOT the playcalling. Have you even heard of Al Saunders before he got to Washington? And don't tell people to STFU.

Beat it schmuckatellie. I was at the season opener and the Jax game, so yes, I see the games. As far as everything else you said, STFU! and thanks for sharing.

If people really looked at the Brunell stats and broke them down, everyone that is calling for his head would kick themselves...

I'll break it down tomorrow, because I know after posting this, there will be those that cannot wait to see what I have to say just so they can tear it down :).

Tomorrow, my friends.....and good-night.

So the play calls for MB to stare down #89 from before the snap, avoid looking downfield or in the middle, and ignoring any open reciever beyond 5yds except Moss?

Oh yeah, that's on page 637, right?

They must on most occasions, otherwise, dont you think the coaches would have a problem with his play? :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh: WE HAVE THE DUMBEST FANS!

I don't get it.

The stats the support YOUR argument are irrefutable, but stats like QB rating, completion percentage, interceptions, points per game, etc. that support Brunell are garbage.

Brunell can't step up into the pocket, yet I watch the games and he does. But since you say it, then I'm wrong.

Brunell can't hit the middle of the field, yet I watch the games and he does. But since you say it, I'm wrong.

Brunell has a noodle-arm, yet I watch the games and see the ball going fast as hell at receivers. But since you say it, I'm wrong.

Brunell can't throw to anybody but Moss, yet I watch the games and see him hit Randel-El, Cooley, and Lloyd. But since you say it, I'm wrong.

If our QB sucks so bad, where did the 140 points we've scored come from?

You're an idiot.

I don't get it.

The stats the support YOUR argument are irrefutable, but stats like QB rating, completion percentage, interceptions, points per game, etc. that support Brunell are garbage.

Brunell can't step up into the pocket, yet I watch the games and he does. But since you say it, then I'm wrong.

Brunell can't hit the middle of the field, yet I watch the games and he does. But since you say it, I'm wrong.

Brunell has a noodle-arm, yet I watch the games and see the ball going fast as hell at receivers. But since you say it, I'm wrong.

Brunell can't throw to anybody but Moss, yet I watch the games and see him hit Randel-El, Cooley, and Lloyd. But since you say it, I'm wrong.

You are wrong, brunell & Jo gibbs are the reason we cant win a game

Just throwing this out there, but we are 13th in the league on third-down conversions.

So while we are not stellar, we lean toward the better half of the league.

Point taken. But I was just pointing out that stat, because either the play or brunell is not throwing the ball deep enough to get the first down when he completes them. At least throw it far enough to get a first down.

This would increase our plays per game. We average 59.00 plays a game, compared to the lowly Raiders' 58.67 plays a game.

I don't get it.

Brunell is super smart, fights his guts out, and is hailed by many on this board to be the absolutee pinnacle of QB'ing, and yet we are 2-5 with a horribly sputtering offense that should be out of this world given the rsst of the pieces and scheme.....

I don't get it. But hey, I guess 2-5 is all an illusion, and the fact that brunell can't convert a 3rd down to save his life has nothing to do with our D's poor showing. Good call :applause:

This thread should be renamed from: The Brunell STAT OF DOOM!

To: The Brunell STATs FOR THE DUMB!

That would be really insulting to you, since you can't seem to grasp it's bearing on our offense despite numerous explainations. But I guess maybe if he spelled it out real s-l-o-w for you and the rest of the people having problems understanding, you might get it then.

I think its hilarious that people say its the playcalling to why he almost always checks down, ill give you they have been calling alot of screens but you ever think that they are called because of the lack of confidence in letting brunell get it in the hands of our playmakers downfield

and the playbook might be 700 pages long, but I highly doubt that most of them are called to go to the 4th option in the rb in which he stared down more than once on third and long plays last week without even glancing at the recievers

Beat it schmuckatellie. I was at the season opener and the Jax game, so yes, I see the games. As far as everything else you said, STFU! and thanks for sharing.

I can't believe you are actually 27 years of age. Did you spend half that time in prison and youth facilities? Are the tickets you used to see the game donated by some charity that sponsors physically and mentally challenged adults?

Brunell is super smart, fights his guts out, and is hailed by many on this board to be the absolutee pinnacle of QB'ing, and yet we are 2-5 with a horribly sputtering offense that should be out of this world given the rsst of the pieces and scheme.....

Nobody in any of the QB debate threads has said anything close to this, but hey, whatever floats your boat.

:doh:

That would be really insulting to you, since you can't seem to grasp it's bearing on our offense despite numerous explainations. But I guess maybe if he spelled it out real s-l-o-w for you and the rest of the people having problems understanding, you might get it then.

It was kind of a joke...o.k.? :helmet:

...but you ever think that they are called because of the lack of confidence in letting brunell get it in the hands of our playmakers downfield.

Or, maybe just MAYBE the offensive line continues to break down in protection so Saunders is trying to circumvent that by calling screens.

Maybe? :whoknows:

Archived