Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

how much longer do we have to watch kenny wright give up atleast 7 points a game.

SkinsFan13

I hate this guy, i think he is the worst player in the nfl. All the defenses know how bad he is and they target him. I dont care if he is 2nd or 3rd string hes pathetic. With all the talk of Brunell I think we should also be talking about other players who are just not getting it done. And Wright is deff one of them. Every game I have to watch atleast a couple huge plays happen because either he gets burned or gets a PI call. I seriously think he has caused more points on this defense then alot realize.

Is rogers being out the only reason this guy is still in? I cant watch much more of him.

I stopped reading and you lost all credibility when you said "Kenny Wright is the worst player in the NFL" He has actually had some nice defensive plays, although he struggles a lot. Just be assured that for the first time this season both Springs and Rogers will be starting on the field together letting Williams bring the young Romo sits to pee a lot of pressure.

I stopped reading and you lost all credibility when you said "Kenny Wright is the worst player in the NFL" He has actually had some nice defensive plays, although he struggles a lot. Just be assured that for the first time this season both Springs and Rogers will be starting on the field together letting Williams bring the young Romo sits to pee a lot of pressure.

some nice defensive plays peppered over TONS of mistakes. the man is a horrible player and if you cant agree then you lost all credibility in anything I will ever read from you as well.

Another overreaction thread by far. WE HAVE NO DEPTH. This guy was suppose to come in on nickel situations and so far he has started every game. I simply don't blame Wright; especially if you look at what he did w/ the Jags last year. Once again our front office let us down. Picking up random LBs and old OLs instead of extra DBs which we all were callin for in the off season.

The guy is not good one on one over the course of a game but I just don't blame him alone for our DB issues.

Another overreaction thread by far. WE HAVE NO DEPTH. This guy was suppose to come in on nickel situations and so far he has started every game. I simply don't blame Wright; especially if you look at what he did w/ the Jags last year. Once again our front office let us down. Picking up random LBs and old OLs instead of extra DBs which we all were callin for in the off season.

The guy is not good one on one over the course of a game but I just don't blame him alone for our DB issues.

over reaction thread? I am talking about him as a player, nothin about decisions made in the office. The man gives up huge plays and defenses target him and thats a known fact. He gets burned every game. I dont care what he was supposed to do or what string he is, he is terrible and thats what my thread was about. The fact that I see him one on one every game giving up a huuge pass play.Ofcouse I am not blaming him for the whole defense, but if you cant see that he almost always costs us atleast one huge pass play every game by himself alone. then watch the games again.

Although the thread is somewhat harsh, I do agree. Kenny Wright is not a starting cb in this league. I don't even know if he could be a nickel. Rumph isn't that good either. Hopefully Springs and Rogers can get their mojo during the bye....

I hate this guy, i think he is the worst player in the nfl. All the defenses know how bad he is and they target him. I dont care if he is 2nd or 3rd string hes pathetic. With all the talk of Brunell I think we should also be talking about other players who are just not getting it done. And Wright is deff one of them. Every game I have to watch atleast a couple huge plays happen because either he gets burned or gets a PI call. I seriously think he has caused more points on this defense then alot realize.

Is rogers being out the only reason this guy is still in? I cant watch much more of him.

You have a short memory.....remember Taylor Jacobs?

I wouldn't call him the worst player in the NFL.. After all he was on a top rank defense last season with the Jaguars . I'm going to say maybe it is a new system he has made some plays but not on consistent basis I just think the book is still out on him and Carter now Arch that is another story:doh:

I don't think Wright is that bad. He has been getting better. Against probowl receivers I do believe that he should have some safety help. Some of the large plays made against him was because of the failure of the defense to provide adequate safety support.

The way the rules are setup only a few corners in the league are capable of single coverage of a #1 receiver. I'm not sure if Smoot could do that, but Champ Bailey certainly could.

Another overreaction thread by far. WE HAVE NO DEPTH. This guy was suppose to come in on nickel situations and so far he has started every game.

Some people don't realize this. So I'll help you, Kenny Wright was SUPPOSED to be our nickel, nothing more. He is good enough to get us by for a few games in a pinch but not start half the freakin year. He is better then we think, just not as good as some want.

Some people don't realize this. So I'll help you, Kenny Wright was SUPPOSED to be our nickel, nothing more. He is good enough to get us by for a few games in a pinch but not start half the freakin year. He is better then we think, just not as good as some want.

Best statement on here.

Wright isn't a guy you'd like to see one-on-one with the #1 or #2 WR. He's a guy who does need a little help here and there, but he can make some fine plays, as he did in the first half.

Fact is, once Indy started running the ball, we were pretty much dead meat. When you have to start moving safeties up to support the run, Manning was going to eat us alive deep, which is what he did.

Jason

over reaction thread? I am talking about him as a player, nothin about decisions made in the office. The man gives up huge plays and defenses target him and thats a known fact. He gets burned every game. I dont care what he was supposed to do or what string he is, he is terrible and thats what my thread was about. The fact that I see him one on one every game giving up a huuge pass play.Ofcouse I am not blaming him for the whole defense, but if you cant see that he almost always costs us atleast one huge pass play every game by himself alone. then watch the games again.

Which goes back to my original point....he's a nickel back. Don't you think a guy is a nickel back for a reason? HE SHOULDN'T BE STARTING. I expect a nickel back to give up big plays if he plays 45 snaps a game opposed to no big plays playing a quarter of that. In my opinion he does not suck, he's doing the best he can do and IMO Rogers isn't much better.

Best statement on here.

Wright isn't a guy you'd like to see one-on-one with the #1 or #2 WR. He's a guy who does need a little help here and there, but he can make some fine plays, as he did in the first half.

Fact is, once Indy started running the ball, we were pretty much dead meat. When you have to start moving safeties up to support the run, Manning was going to eat us alive deep, which is what he did.

Jason

Good points. :cheers:

I agree Wright is not the type of player that the D needs to play starting corner. I also agree that until now there has been no choice. I like Rumph's play better personally and was wondering during the Colts game.." Why isn't Rumph starting ahead of Wright..he's way better?" The next play Marvin Harrison made Rumph look like a pop warner corner on a short TD pass. Rumph zigged when Harrison zagged, no jam, he went untouched for an easy catch.

So I said to myself..."that's why Rumph isn't starting"

Really though, Marvin Harrrison is a great receiver, he could have done that to anyone.

The REAL problem is the zone coverage being employed. There is almost zero press coverage going on so the DBs are playing way off of the receivers. Most of the catches against the skins D are the underneath passes where the catch is made before the CB is even in the TV frame. What happened to the aggressive style? Jam the Receiver, disrupt the timing and/or the route.

The REAL problem is the zone coverage being employed. There is almost zero press coverage going on so the DBs are playing way off of the receivers. Most of the catches against the skins D are the underneath passes where the catch is made before the CB is even in the TV frame. What happened to the aggressive style? Jam the Receiver, disrupt the timing and/or the route.

Probably because the Skins play a lot of zone, especially with all the injuries. You don't jam in a zone.

That being said, it doesn't say much for the end zone, which most of the time, you have to be manned up.

Jason

That was my point. He was SUPPOSE to be our nickel and not an every down back. We are on the same page!

I wouldn't call him the worst player in the NFL.. After all he was on a top rank defense last season with the Jaguars . I'm going to say maybe it is a new system he has made some plays but not on consistent basis I just think the book is still out on him and Carter now Arch that is another story:doh:

Jags have one of the best DLs in the league. He didn't have to cover very long in that defense and they still let him go.

May I ask who you would put in instead of him???

We have him starting because our two starting CB's are injured, plus two backups in Jimoh and Priealou are also out.

I wouldn't go as far as saying he is the worst player in the NFL, but he has struggled and gotten burnt a ton this season.

.......But may I ask what the other option is??? Cause trust me it ain't Rumph, and Vincent is new and may take awhile to get used to Gregg Williams' D.

Archived