Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Is playoff possible?

ceekay84

Considering we're on a bye week and looking at the current standings of the NFC East, the Skins still have a chance no? The other teams in the East seem to have a challenging schedule.. not like ours is any easier but do we have a chance to make the playoffs? We're only 2 losses behind the other teams... And looking at last year, Skins "might" be able to come back... I'm just a believer and even though this team has been showing lack of heart, there is something in this team... I just know it. Just a matter of time.

HTTR

uh, when monkeys fly out my ..., they crapped this season away

gibbs is an old man, see ya joe, and 700 page play book, get back to 10 pass plays and 6 running plays...its football, it simple.

run the ball , or throw it. see

I still think that there is time to turn it all around. we can still make the playoffs at this point. I dont remember what year it was but not to long ago we started the season 0-5 and just missed the playoffs buy a field goal. So yes at this point we are still alive.

Hey man, anything's possible. The NFC East's gonna' be close. Dallas has a brutal schedule coming up, the last 6 games of Philly's schedule is just as bad, and of course us and the Giants have a fairly tough road too. I'd say that Dallas and Philly have the toughest schedules in the second half of the season. I think that if NY plays like they did last night, they'll likely win the division and the two NFC Wildcards will likely go to the East and the South.

So I guess it all starts with us winning games before anything else. If we can make the necessary adjustments over the bye and come out and play physical against Dallas, then we're right back in it.

Did you read the Gibbs transcript from yesterday? He's talking about changing schemes offensively and defensively...you never know what could happen.

The playoffs are a distant possiblity especially with bad losses like the Titans at home. Too many have to go right for the Skins. Teams like the Rams and the Saints are playing real well right now and the Skins have to play them back to back near the end of thel season. This season really looks like a lost cause.

Considering we're on a bye week and looking at the current standings of the NFC East, the Skins still have a chance no? The other teams in the East seem to have a challenging schedule.. not like ours is any easier but do we have a chance to make the playoffs? We're only 2 losses behind the other teams... And looking at last year, Skins "might" be able to come back... I'm just a believer and even though this team has been showing lack of heart, there is something in this team... I just know it. Just a matter of time.

HTTR

I don't understand why people insist on asking this question. It's very simple. Just do the math. If we finish 10-6 or better, yes. If not, no. Do you honestly believe, from an objective viewpoint, that we'll go 9-0 or 8-1 to finish out? Well, that's up to you. Talking about the playoffs now is absolutely absurd.

HTTR

Yes, the skins still have a chance for the playoffs.

A rough guestimate (1) 9-0 there's a 100% chance (2) 8-1 about 80% (3) 7-2 about a 5% chance (4) 6-3 about a 0.25%...our early losses in the NFC have hurt us.

Of course it's still mathematically possible. The Skins could make the playoffs at 9-7 or even 8-8. Hell, they could run the table and get a playoff home game at 11-5. But, frankly, the way they're playing there's a better chance of them making the WNBA playoffs.

it aint happening I would be surprisedif we beat any of the nfc east teams and every team we are playing for the rest of the year have playoff aspirations except the bucs and even they look better than us besides they have a kicker who can kick 62 yard field goals.lol we hold our breaths on 38 yarders

Boy, I tell you...opinions are just like that thing you have in the back of you with a hole in the middle...everybody has one. Sometimes it stinks, especially when it's wrong,.

Last year, when we were 5-6 going into the bye week, I was one of many who believed the Redskins would win their remaining games of the season to make the playoffs. They did!

This year, who's to say that they won't or can't do the same? Anything is possible. But, bet this, if the Skins come out of this break and the defense has made some major adjustments, with key players coming back from injuries, and our offense get back to moving the ball, no doubt, making the playoffs is possible.

Archived