Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Did anyone even notice/care that Marshall wasn't playing Sunday?

flexxskins

He was listed as probable coming into the game, so I guess it was a gameday decision...And yes I noticed and I wasn't happy:doh: ...Marshall is one of the only players on our Defense that is consistent with his play...

Was that a gameday decision or am I just out of town, out of touch and very late? :)

It was a game time decision. He missed a lot of practice this week due to injury. However both he & Carlos were on the sideline & both were calling out coaching assignments to the defense. At one point, Springs came over during a timeout & Lemar was telling him that during one formation that they had the coverage flipped around backwards from what it was supposed to be.

It was a game time decision. He missed a lot of practice this week due to injury. However both he & Carlos were on the sideline & both were calling out coaching assignments to the defense. At one point, Springs came over during a timeout & Lemar was telling him that during one formation that they had the coverage flipped around backwards from what it was supposed to be.

Now that's some good info right there. Don't see that everywhere.

I thought it was because Marshall has sucked this year but it turns out he was injured.

You thought wrong. Marshall's been one of our few defensive players on point this year...

speaking of...anyone else happy that our starting D will all most likely play together for the first time against Dallas in two weeks?

Lemar Marshall has a high ankle sprain. Those can keep you out for several week if you are not lucky.

Both Khary Campbell and Rocky played at MLB during the game. I couldn't really see much of Rocky. I hope he pans out considering how much the Skins gave up to get him. It's hard not to keep thinking back to the MLB we had but couldn't sign. Or, the MLB the Seahawks got in the second round. It's disappointing that for a first rounder he hasn't been able to crack the starting line-up yet over Holdman.

I had heard his ankle was in a boot but heard he would play. Then I see Campbell is our starting MLB and I was like I dunno know if thats good. Lemar is the quarterback of our D and he needs to be out there. I dont know how much if any experience Campbell has at the MLB spot in this defense. I think that hurt alot this game but oh well, so yea I cared alot and missed him alot, I like the guy.

We definitely did miss Lemar. He's the leader of the defense. I can't wait to have all our starters out there- it will make all the difference in the world.

Thats some good stuff, TK.

Lemar Marshall has a high ankle sprain. Those can keep you out for several week if you are not lucky.

Both Khary Campbell and Rocky played at MLB during the game. I couldn't really see much of Rocky. I hope he pans out considering how much the Skins gave up to get him. It's hard not to keep thinking back to the MLB we had but couldn't sign. Or, the MLB the Seahawks got in the second round. It's disappointing that for a first rounder he hasn't been able to crack the starting line-up yet over Holdman.

Now you see there is the problem. He was taken in the second round. :)

:doh: We can't be having that now, can we?

I think that Marshall is a couple steps faster than Campbell and more than a couple of grade points smarter (when it comes to managing the defense.) So I hope that he will be back when we take on Dallas.

As for Vincent and Holdman, I saw way too much of them and their jersey numbers Sunday. I could see their numbers over and over again by them being turned around and around by blocks and jukes so bad, that they looked like berries in a blender...it was ridiculous.

Damn how do you know everything :notworthy !

You thought wrong. Marshall's been one of our few defensive players on point this year...

Nice try. Marshall has been just as bad as everyone else. If he was doing so good, why it Taylor and Arch in on almost every play? Marshall has had a hard time getting off blocks this year. I know he has a lot of tackles, but every MLB has a lot of tackles. Remember that guy for Seattle 2/3 years ago? His name was like "Kcaskrzyi" or something like that. he almost lead the league in tackles and was replaced the next year.

Archived