Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES COVERAGE: Joe Gibbs' Press Conference 10/23/06 (Epilogue regarding the Questions)

JimmiJo

Is it just me, or are other loyal skins fans getting tired of hearing the same thing after every game? There are only so many times when you hear about hard work and fighting your guts out, before you question whether or not this team has it. I loved the question that someone asked about mark's arm strength . . .but why didn't they follow it up? They mentioned that on third and longs, Brunell doesn't go past the marker, and Gibbs dodged the question by saying that he is firing the ball in there at times. Why didn't the reporter say something along the lines of, "Ok . . . he can make the throws . . . but why does he continuously go short on third and long?"

I undertstand the frustrations board. Every week it's the same words from Joe about us fighting our guts out and being super smart, but lets take a different perspective.

1.) Gibbs sticks up for his players to the media and holds them accountable behind closed doors. He's not a Bill Parcells and he's not going to throw his players under the bus.

2.) This coaching staff has been weeding out all the trash from the true Redskins. Perhaps this humble losing experience, is distinguishing the bandwagon-boo their team out-fair-weather-fans, from the loyal true Redskins fans. I have seen every negative thought on this board from burning jerseys, selling season tickets, to breaking t.v.'s. I feel your pain...I really do, but lets get a grip. If we are losing sleep and suffering from depression, it's probably time to take a step back and reevaluate our lives. Have faith. We can't win the Superbowl every year and are in good hands. Lets keep the support rolling through and lift these guys up...not beat them when they're down.

Dude I'm with this team 100%,,,but sometimes the PC answers just dont cut it. I'd really like to hear...you know what...alot of peoples and players jobs including myself are on the line over the next couple weeks..some fires need to be lit around here.....:logo:

I undertstand the frustrations board. Every week it's the same words from Joe about us fighting our guts out and being super smart, but lets take a different perspective.

1.) Gibbs sticks up for his players to the media and holds them accountable behind closed doors. He's not a Bill Parcells and he's not going to throw his players under the bus.

2.) This coaching staff has been weeding out all the trash from the true Redskins. Perhaps this humble losing experience, is distinguishing the bandwagon-boo their team out-fair-weather-fans, from the loyal true Redskins fans. I have seen every negative thought on this board from burning jerseys, selling season tickets, to breaking t.v.'s. I feel your pain...I really do, but lets get a grip. If we are losing sleep and suffering from depression, it's probably time to take a step back and reevaluate our lives. Have faith. We can't win the Superbowl every year and are in good hands. Lets keep the support rolling through and lift these guys up...not beat them when they're down.

:snore: :snore: :snore:

Dude I'm with this team 100%,,,but sometimes the PC answers just dont cut it. I'd really like to hear...you know what...alot of peoples and players jobs including myself are on the line over the next couple weeks..some fires need to be lit around here.....:logo:
Is it just me, or are other loyal skins fans getting tired of hearing the same thing after every game? There are only so many times when you hear about hard work and fighting your guts out, before you question whether or not this team has it.

:applause:

perfectly put by both of you

Wow....I never thought I would say this...but I'm beginning to question just how much Gibbs can motivate these guys. Maybe one of the Vets can help me here...but I seem to remeber that Gibbs' press confrences were much more emotional his first go around. He has never called players out, but he would atleast express his dislike for the situation, now it seems to almost be excuses for the situation. He would have NEVER allowed those penalties before...no matter what the excuse. Maybe I'm wrong.

Wow....I never thought I would say this...but I'm beginning to question just how much Gibbs can motivate these guys. Maybe one of the Vets can help me here...but I seem to remeber that Gibbs' press confrences were much more emotional his first go around. He has never called players out, but he would atleast express his dislike for the situation, now it seems to almost be excuses for the situation. He would have NEVER allowed those penalties before...no matter what the excuse. Maybe I'm wrong.

I know, throughout that whole conference, I dont really remember him addressing ANYTHING that he didnt like about this team or even just hte game yesterday

A some point jason's time will come, "but right now it's not a focus." "We'll practice the same way we've been practicing"

Man...nothing but softballs from these "beat" reporters...and as soon as Gibbs gets testy, which to me means ask more questions, they back off.

He's got such a blind spot for Boonell, just unbelieveable to me.

Everyone watch: against Dallas, it'll be Warrick Holdman starting apparently because he's a "veteran" guy...Boonell starting, and the same old dink and dunk offense. What a freakin joke...we have a coach right now who really just doesn't have the guts to pull the trigger on Campbell for whatever reason...

But, I think the big news of the day was the signing of the O-lineman...what exactly does that mean? Obviously, the O-line outside of one game has been really bad. I think Gibbs thinks the problems on offense stem from the blocking...brunell hasn't taken very many 7 step drops this season, and those were a staple of last years offense.

Warrick Holdman starting apparently because he's a "veteran" guy...

so then the question should be...."well, Holdman hasnt seemed to play that well, should we be expecting Rocky to be breaking into the line-up with the poor play of the LBrs? but that might be a real question!

so then the question should be...."well, Holdman hasnt seemed to play that well, should we be expecting Rocky to be breaking into the line-up with the poor play of the LBrs? but that might be a real question!

Exactly...the questions are horrendous. Half the reporters are on the skins payroll, so what do you expect?

Joe Gibbs: "That's part of life."

When explaining about ARE running into the goal post and falling backwards.

:whoknows: :wtf:

Young and full of c&^*, I don't blame ARE for running into the post and falling backward...............its the rule that sucks. He probably didn't know or he might not have done it. It is what it is and it was what is was, an error. Ever made one?

Really? Can you name them, or are you just talking out of your ass?

Judging by those pathetic softballs, I'd say half. And honestly, so what if I'm talking out my ass--are you offended that I dare criticize the reporting of this team? Are you personally insulted by my mischaracterization of the pultizer-prize winning journalism coming out of redskins park? Do you have something to add, TK---or is it just pithy insult-the-poster day? Let me know.

Let me try though...and if you attend, would love to hear what you have to say about the pressers and maybe give some insight as to why the reporters never seem to follow up with the tougher questions like "When will Jason Campbell start for this team?"

Larry Michaels, Bram, anyone else who works for Redskins radio, Casey Husband...but in truth, I have no idea how many reporters attend.

Archived