Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES COVERAGE: Joe Gibbs' Press Conference 10/23/06 (Epilogue regarding the Questions)

JimmiJo

Well just saw the press conference. Not surprised it’s the same thing we hear from Gibbs every week. How he thinks that Brunell can make all throws is beyond me. If I remember correctly I think he may have thrown the ball 3 time over 15 yards the whole game. We are too predictable we run 1st and 2nd down and throw on 3rd. You need 8 yards we throw three. Screens will only work every so often. I guess what’s bothering me the most not sure if any of you remember. I think it was the press conference after the game against the Titans when asked about Brunell, Gibbs said he had three more games before he sets a NFL record. Hope that’s not the reason he is still in at QB.

But you gotta admit, Brunell did make some superior throws in the game. Looking at how Bledsoe and Romo sits to pee did last night, I may not be feeling as bad about Brunell anymore. If Gibbs thinks he can make all the necessary throws, then it's time to test that theory and get to page 698 of the playbook to go long on passes. Now that the 'Skins have DUPED the whole friggin NFL to date with their rope-a-dope effort these first seven games, now they have em where they want them...time to roll off 9 straight.....................<wink>.

Wake up Dorothy...auntie Emm...auntie Emm... there's no place like home, there's no place like home...Except lately, Fed Ex has been unkind to this team.

I watched this presser live. It was pathetic. A bunch of generic one liners we have all heard before. You would think this team is just fine, according to Gibbs, we just need some adjustments during the bye week. I was shaking my head, wondering if he actually watched the same team we did on Sunday.

To see those lousy short passes to the sideline when we needed 12-15 yards were nausiating, and cannot be explained away easily. According to Gibbs, Brunell can throw the ball as deep as he is asked to. What? I still don't believe he said that. Then ask him to throw the damn ball coach!!

While Brunell is just part of this teams problem, it is a glaring problem that should be fixed asap. The defense is also a huge problem. I feel if the offense can stay on the field longer, the defense won't be so exposed.

So as far as press confrences go, this one was probably the worst one I have ever witnessed. It had nothing good about it, it really didn't say much about how things would change. So I don't know what to expect after the by week. Probably the same old thing.

Are there other receivers on the team besides Moss?

I totally agree with you. Everybody, and I mean everybody, knows that MB acts like Moss is the only receiver we have that's why he's double, and sometimes triple-teamed. So why does MB STILL throw the ball to him when Cooley (who's open 90% of the time), Lloyd and ARE are out there? Every defending team knows that MB is gonna throw the ball to Moss 85% of the time. It's obvious and plain stupid!

Actually what Gibbs was saying was that Brunell was three games removed from an NFL record, as in, he set an NFL record three games before that one against the Texans. I also think that we haven't been running the ball enough on 1st and 2nd downs. We haven't been patient enough with the run and between that and Mark's inability to throw downfield we don't have any identity on offense.

I agree with everyone saying that Jason should play. Whatever Mark's abilities are, he's not getting the W's. I realize the entire team is struggling but it doesn't help to have a severely limited quarterback and Jason needs to start getting experience because no matter what, when he finally gets in there he's going to struggle at first. All in all, the team needs some sort of lift. They need to have fun and high spirits especially when Dallas comes to town if they want to pull out of this.

:dallasuck

Guess i got that one wrong that day. It's hard waiting all summer knowing that the playoffs should not have been a problem this year. At least thinking that. I think Jason should get a chance to play. How much worse could it be. At the very least he will gain the expierence and we will not have to go next year hearing about how he is still learning.

Young and full of c&^*' date=' I don't blame ARE for running into the post and falling backward...............its the rule that sucks. He probably didn't know or he might not have done it. It is what it is and it was what is was, an error. Ever made one?[/quote']
it is a stupid rule and I didn't know that it even existed! I do not understand how that is at all excessive celebration!!

That being said, just b/c we didn't know that was a rule, he should have. He is a pro in the league and from what I can tell, he seems like a good guy. He still gets a pass from me b/c he is one of the only players who seems to try whever he gets the ball!

I'm sure he knows the rules regarding excessive celebration. A player cannot lie down in the end zone. I said if I had just ran for 86 yards I would definitely be on my back! :laugh:

I did hear Gibbs comment on it and he said, well, that's the rule and did this :rolleyes: :whoknows: so I think he agrees it's not a great one!

Guess i got that one wrong that day. It's hard waiting all summer knowing that the playoffs should not have been a problem this year. At least thinking that. I think Jason should get a chance to play. How much worse could it be. At the very least he will gain the expierence and we will not have to go next year hearing about how he is still learning.

Wasn't tryin to pick on ya or anything, just thought that should be pointed out cuz when I first heard him say that I thought the same thing you did. However, whether he's about to set a record or he just set a record, he still can't throw down the field. Mark has good awareness and is really good at finding the safe, open guy which minimizes turnovers, but I don't think we can win until we have someone with more of an edge and a good enough arm to make the deep throws accurately. I hope that Mark has been teaching Jason how to be patient in the pocket and minimize the mistakes because thats a veteran skill that will make Jason better when he starts and I think that was what was always wrong with Patrick Ramsey.

:cheers:

JimmiJo, thanks for the Epiloque. It helps explain a lot about how the media covers a presser and how and which questions they decide to ask. I'm with you. I'd prefer to see the grumpy Gibbs. At least I'd feel more like things are being addressed.

If brunell can throw deep then why isn't he?

Gibbs said that the defenses were playing deep so Brunell couldn't throw deep. I say whatever.

My question after he said that would be "Why aren't we running the ball more if the defense is playing so deep that Brunell can't pass the ball more than 5 yards?"

Facts remain that although we all want Campbell in the game....Brunell hasn't been given enough time by the offensive line to make anything happen. The O-line has looked terrible in the majority of the year

Finally somebody saying something TRUE. We obviously are hving O-Line problems because they just signed an O-Line player.

Its not about where we suck most right now its about no matter what area sucks worse we are not getting to the playoffs so lets give the KID some experience time !!! thats all !!! nothing else THIS SEASON is over so there is only one good thing we can get well two with a win over dallas and EXPERIENCE for OUR FUTURE QB !!!!! No need to play a guy who gives us the best chance to win right now since we are not winning right now so lets go with giving the future his experience time without the pressure of needing to win on his shoulders !!!!!

Archived