Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Can We Agree That the Season Isn't Over Yet!

cakmoney61

This is why I love ES. I get to hear both sides of myself. One week I hate the Redskins because of the great pain I experience when we lose. The next week I love them because my favorite team won. Yes, some fans are too negative while others are too positive. But the one thing that's true of both groups and the groups that sit somewhere between the too-negative and the too-positive groups is passion...and intelligence...and wit...and, most importantly, a sense of humor.

The people in the center are the ones I like the most, because they bring the most balance. You know...the people who say I'm extremely disappointed, but I haven't given up on the team or the season yet. And really none of us should be giving up yet...IT'S TOO EARLY TO DO THAT!!! I'll admit that I've been tempted to give up on the team and the season, but I've read many times from many people on this site that it's too early to do that. And they are absolutely right!

So, although I'm very unhappy about the current situation and somewhat pessimistic about our short- and long-term future, I will not give up hoping that the best is yet to come. Regardless of who is our starting QB or who is not playing well or who is injured, can we at least agree that this season isn't over until we are mathematically eliminated? I'll still be upset if we lose, and you will hear about it, because I am a passionate fan. But let's not forget that in sports anything can happen! It ain't over 'til it's over!

HTTR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'd assume that by saying 'the season is over' one would mean that we are NOT going to the playoffs but only a fool would say that with certainty. 6 games in, no team can legititimately believe their season is 'over'. At 2-4, it is possible that we could win the division (esp. given our upcoming schedule) even with an additional loss or two. We could still go to the playoffs even giving away as many as 3 more game.

To make 10-6 we'd have to go 8-2 the rest of the way. We'd have to go from being a team that lost to an 0-5 team to being just about the best team in the NFL who now has a very tough schedule from here on out. Not impossible but unlikely.

Reality can be a girl dog! But reality also compels me to say "It's not over yet."

I have this funny feeling that we might upset the colts. Unfortunately, I don't find the colts nearly as intimidating as dallas, philly, or new york, because they have no defense. Even if we do win, however, the season is still pretty much over. Hope, at this point, lies in nothing more than theoretical possibility. But there's just no way we can get to 10 or 11 wins with the team we are fielding right now, especially when you actually look at the remaining schedule and the OTHER teams we would actually have to play. The season is over with Brunell at QB.

I'd assume that by saying 'the season is over' one would mean that we are NOT going to the playoffs but only a fool would say that with certainty. 6 games in, no team can legititimately believe their season is 'over'. At 2-4, it is possible that we could win the division (esp. given our upcoming schedule) even with an additional loss or two. We could still go to the playoffs even giving away as many as 3 more game.

That is exactly what the fan who is too negative is saying. You, obviously, are one of the more centered Redskins fans, which makes you invaluable to the pessimistic Redskins fan.

People can question the pessimistic Redskins fans without being rude. The question to the pessimistic fan is, "Have the Redskins been eliminated from the playoffs?" Since the answer is obviously "No," let's keep hoping and believing, because everything is still out there for the taking. Believe me, the first person I'm talking to is myself!

It's over if we lose tomorrow which we most likely will. I don't think I've ever seen such an uneven matchup. Peyton Manning VS a non-existent secondary... LOL

I heard something like that before...oh yea, second to worst run defense against Clinton Portis. Yea, that was it, last week.

Yes, Yogi we can agree that "it ain't over 'til it's over". But can we agree that the fat lady's warming up and there's an "all-you-can-eat" buffet calling her name?

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Sometimes you have to laugh to keep from crying...which is one of the reasons why I come here. ;) The ES "family" helps me cope when times are bad and keeps me grounded when times are great. This board is exactly how it should be! So thank you to all who contribute, whether I agree or disagree!!! :cheers:

The season will be "over" when the Redskins have their 7th loss of the season. As long as we don't lose more than 6 games, we'll make the playoffs...and once you're in the playoffs, regular season records don't really matter...just ask the Steelers.

Yeah, I really think 7 is the magic number here.

We hit that, we are done for the year, and it is time to see JC and change some things up.

As long as we are under that, all hope prevails!

GO SKINS!

To make 10-6 we'd have to go 8-2 the rest of the way. We'd have to go from being a team that lost to an 0-5 team to being just about the best team in the NFL who now has a very tough schedule from here on out. Not impossible but unlikely.

In the NFL, the difference between an 0-5 team and a 5-0 team is about 5-10 plays. Heck, in 2003, the 14-2 Patriots were only about 8 plays from going 6-10. The difference between the 1998 6-10 Redskins and the 1999 10-6 Redskins was about 4-6 plays. The difference between the 2004 and 2005 Redskins was just a handful of plays. A game that ends 35-0 has only about 3-5 key plays that make the difference.

Do you remember the second Dallas game last year? Two key plays took Dallas out of the game: the batted ball int and the missed FG.

I have this funny feeling that we might upset the colts. Unfortunately, I don't find the colts nearly as intimidating as dallas, philly, or new york, because they have no defense. Even if we do win, however, the season is still pretty much over. Hope, at this point, lies in nothing more than theoretical possibility. But there's just no way we can get to 10 or 11 wins with the team we are fielding right now, especially when you actually look at the remaining schedule and the OTHER teams we would actually have to play. The season is over with Brunell at QB.

Reality bites, doesn't it!?! :( The schedule is truly sick! Thanks for keeping it real. :cool: Here's to hoping what many would consider a miracle: the consistenly stellar play of Mark Brunell. :cheers:

Because we have a current Hall of Famer coaching the team, and a future hall of famer at runningback.

Shew troll :stop:

Your HOF coach doesn't touch the ball and Portis has a long way to go before even being mentioned as a HOF'er.

Tell me again about your beast secondary and pass rush.....that's right, you don't have one!

Archived