Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Hate to say it but........

BDOG510

I'm glad you have found a fun way to express your random and apparently vast stupidity. Thanks for actually allowing me to spend a significant amount of time today organizing logical thought, despite the fact that brick walls can't understand the issues I'm presenting.

I'm not surprised that no guy you know would type a lot. I assume you don't get much time on the computer in juvie.

I'd require of you to really speak your mind, but then you'd be speechless.

Your problem is one of internal strife, though. See, you organizing logic is like the rest of us taking an overdose of Morphine and playing patty-cake. Relativity is important when you talk of these things.

Nobody's trying to be a Mod. Correct me if I'm wrong, but it's the position of the board as a whole that members who see a rule being violated should remedy the situation.

I don't take much of what happens here very seriously, mostly because few others seem to. My issue is the childish behavior that some run rampant with here. I saw it, expressed my opinion, backed it up with fact, and have gotten to engage in a wonderful conversation with somebody who believes I live in a cave and another who celebrates not being banned for something that wasn't reported like he's T.O.

If I'm still here and posting without flipping out, what makes everybody think that I'm doing anything but finding humor in the goofball responses I am getting from some people?

You're trying to be a mod by simply policing everyones words and thoughts. If you see something thats mod worthy, there's a report a post button on each post.

I'm just getting the feeling that your style isn't really meshing well with the overall culture of the board.

I understand your point, but disagree with a narrow application of the rule. I believe that telling somebody to turn in their card is another way of saying the types of unfair judgement statements you referenced above. Lots of people don't feel that way on this board, but I think I've found a logical link between the term and the resulting treatment which warrants looking at the issue a little closer than most fans are willing to.

It's not a simple thing to provide an example of without using the easy categories of race or religion. I'll try to do it with a fictional example, rather than have an example using something as sensitive as race or religion mistaken for a statement of feeling.

Let's say we're all green. Green is a general color, and we're all it. Some are OD green, some are seafoam green, some are dark spinach green, some are neon green. When you tell somebody that they need to turn in their green membership card because you disagree with them, because neon green is not a color you like, you're telling them that they're not good enough to be part of your community of greens. You've treated somebody different and isolated them from the community by doing so.

That is the exact type of conduct I believe that the rules are designed to prevent. That is also the reason that I think the "innocent" grouping of fan and fairweather is not quite so innocent. That's why I've been arguing it for the better part of a week now, and will continue to try to make headway with people who are willing to listen, even if they don't agree.

Thanks for taking time to explain your position on the subject without resorting to name calling or a poor attitude.:cheers:

crackhead.jpg

Jeez thats a lot of words with very little meaning.

...That doesnt make any sense at all. Lets say we all say we are Redskins fans. Then one day, someone says "the Redskins suck, i told you so." Well, on THAT day that guy becomes something other than a Redskins fan. Fans root for their team.

It seems that a lot of clear examples don't make sense to you. I can't make it much more simple, so we'll just have to assume that you can't wrap your head around the concept and move on.

And who are you to determine the application of the rules? I dont see a Gibbs avatar. Here is your logical link: Suppossed "fans" that have given up on the Skins in WEEK 6 and brag about it on a REDSKINS FAN SITE are going to be treated poorly. Doesnt take a close look at the "issue" its just a fact of life here in Redskins nation.

Oh, so this is like your own little pet crusade? :laugh:

Maybe you should start reporting some posts to some real mods. See what happens. Until then, my :stfu: is still in effect.

We've already discussed why I first spoke up on the subject, and why I continue to. What do I need a Mod for? Does it seem to you like I can't handle a schoolyard full of children calling me poopey-head? True, I'm disappointed that the public education system seems to have failed you. But you're not making any impact on my life. You two seem to be oblivious to how discussions work. I'm not going to need any Ambien to sleep tonight just because you're such an uberfan.

I'd require of you to really speak your mind, but then you'd be speechless.

Your problem is one of internal strife, though. See, you organizing logic is like the rest of us taking an overdose of Morphine and playing patty-cake. Relativity is important when you talk of these things.

Any time you're ready to get back into a discussion, let me know. I can keep watching you sweat over trying to create a meaningful insult as long as I'm at work, but I do have far more interesting things to do in about half an hour.

It seems that a lot of clear examples don't make sense to you. I can't make it much more simple, so we'll just have to assume that you can't wrap your head around the concept and move on.

Your example was retarded. Lets say we're all different shades of green? :doh:

We've already discussed why I first spoke up on the subject, and why I continue to. What do I need a Mod for? Does it seem to you like I can't handle a schoolyard full of children calling me poopey-head? True, I'm disappointed that the public education system seems to have failed you. But you're not making any impact on my life. You two seem to be oblivious to how discussions work. I'm not going to need any Ambien to sleep tonight just because you're such an uberfan.

I think you are oblivious to how discussions work, because your points are "my opinion on the subject is....." and then you chastise others for expressing their opinions. THAT is called being a hypocrite.

I dont WANT to make an impact on your life. I want you to :stfu: I feel ive been very clear on that point. :thumbsup:

I think you are oblivious to how discussions work, because your points are "my opinion on the subject is....." and then you chastise others for expressing their opinions. THAT is called being a hypocrite.

When you back an opinion up with FACTS, it's a point for debate and discussion. When you understand that, we'll talk more. Until then, you may want to keep working on that example I provided earlier, since it looks like you're still having issues with it.

When you back an opinion up with FACTS, it's a point for debate and discussion. When you understand that, we'll talk more. Until then, you may want to keep working on that example I provided earlier, since it looks like you're still having issues with it.

The only issue in this thread is getting your brain to work out its dysfunction.

Fix that and we may actually get somewhere.

The only issue in this thread is getting your brain to work out its dysfunction.

Fix that and we may actually get somewhere.

This gem brought to you by the super-smart guy who hasn't been able to avoid name calling in virtually any post in this thread, but has managed to avoid discussing facts, logic and concepts. Any topic to discuss yet? I'm down to about eight minutes of time to waste on you.

This gem brought to you by the super-smart guy who hasn't been able to avoid name calling in virtually any post in this thread, but has managed to avoid discussing facts, logic and concepts.

We tried facts and you couldn't keep up. Keep posting, though, because clearly you enjoy making a fool of yourself.

We tried facts and you couldn't keep up. Keep posting, though, because clearly you enjoy making a fool of yourself.

The "fact" that you don't like something doesn't mean it's more than a simple opinion. Since you've not addressed any of the facts that I put forth (you know, the ones that are hotlinked to the Forum Rules page), I wonder why I'd want to "keep up" with a guy going in reverse. You're the one hanging on my every word. I'm waiting around for an adult discussion to break out. Who's the fool?

EDIT - 1600. As referenced earlier, I'm out of time. I'm sure you'll want to get the last word in once I leave. Make it a good one; something that showcases your superior intelligence and wonderful grasp of the obvious.

As referenced earlier, I'm out of time. I'm sure you'll want to get the last word in once I leave. Make it a good one; something that showcases your superior intelligence and wonderful grasp of the obvious.

It'll be groundbreaking.

Wait for it.

Wait.

:rolleyes:

theres a BIG difference between rooting for your team to do bad so that you can prove your point right and pointing out areas about our team.

This guy is basically hoping that we lose. He seems more happy with us a losing than he would with us winning.

Now call me crazy, but usually when someone takes joy in a team losing, they are not a fan of that team.

By all means call those people out, but I'm talking about whenever someone says something the least bit negative, they call you a fair weather etc. I'd call out someone wanting us to lose also.

I understand your point, but disagree with a narrow application of the rule. I believe that telling somebody to turn in their card is another way of saying the types of unfair judgement statements you referenced above. Lots of people don't feel that way on this board, but I think I've found a logical link between the term and the resulting treatment which warrants looking at the issue a little closer than most fans are willing to

True, I was just saying that maybe it's not as harsh as some people might think, but again it's all perception.

That is the exact type of conduct I believe that the rules are designed to prevent. That is also the reason that I think the "innocent" grouping of fan and fairweather is not quite so innocent. That's why I've been arguing it for the better part of a week now, and will continue to try to make headway with people who are willing to listen, even if they don't agree.

Thanks for taking time to explain your position on the subject without resorting to name calling or a poor attitude.:cheers:

No problem. I have no right to call anyone anything. If was the resident expert on the Redskins, there wouldn't be any get rid of Danny Boy threads. Meybe get rid of pj Boy threads. :D:cheers:

Archived